Verified:

fazer Game profile

Apr 22nd 2011, 22:13:47

I think it would be a positive addition to the server to have a ai controlled alliance. It would provide land, targets, it would also encourage alliances to join together.

And then I guess scripting changes each set to alter if the ai alliance is playing a defensve strat or offensive set.

I know its probably alot of coding however I think it would have to be an all round positive addition.
- -

Fazer - MGP

"if somethings not fun, why do it?"

http://www.boxcarhosting.com/...pplication.php?clanID=MGP

Rockman Game profile

Apr 22nd 2011, 22:19:02

So its an explore button that requires you to use military and oil?

What purpose would it serve other than adding more targets for landgrabs in the game? Why not just create a 2nd explore page, but this one allows you to convert jets, oil, and turns into land? It'd be the same thing as farming bot run countries.

BattleKJ Game profile

Apr 22nd 2011, 22:24:43

We want MOREEEE land.

CGiboney Game profile

Apr 22nd 2011, 22:30:33

YES!

Unholy Monks

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Apr 22nd 2011, 22:57:15

Originally posted by Rockman:

What purpose would it serve other than adding more targets for landgrabs in the game? Why not just create a 2nd explore page, but this one allows you to convert jets, oil, and turns into land? It'd be the same thing as farming bot run countries.

Well this one might hit you back, so you'd need to code in a random chance of you losing land based on your military levels :P
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Junky Game profile

Apr 22nd 2011, 23:02:34

AI's in this game would be pointless.. it'd be like having no drop in the explore rate... why not just have the explore rate drop by half of what its doing now.
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

fazer Game profile

Apr 22nd 2011, 23:05:42

Everyone wants more land. And I'm not just talking about backyard scripting. I'm talking about making a considerable investment into Ee for long term ROI. You talk about community, and friends and whatever way you look at it (rockman refer to my people not getting outdoors enough comment) It would benefit the community. You would have targets that don't conflict with your alliance Pacts. I'm tAlking sophisticated ai scripting that run offensive strategies (not suiciding) and also thorough retal policies etc. Between the alliances we'd have enough strategies, and between the active players we'd have the opp to pool some $$ together to make it work.

Perhaps it's evolving the GDI ? Some sets there neutral, we run a storyline and corupt the GDI?? Who knows I'm just saying I last played about 8 years ago, Nd it hasnt really changed that much... With alot of players investing so much time of their lives here, do you not think it's worth putting some $$ here and making it something WOW?

- -

Fazer - MGP

TAN Game profile

Apr 22nd 2011, 23:29:55

Originally posted by Rockman:

This argument is only valid if you can claim you never lged any of those bots back in the old 1a days.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

izapimp Game profile

Apr 22nd 2011, 23:51:47

i like my idea better, its free and challenging to those who would dare. plus the ai will definitely have kinks and be exploited somehow
-maKaroni

Detoxxx Game profile

Apr 23rd 2011, 0:16:34

well...my question to this is: what's the point of having more of everything, when the guy next to you has the same thing? I mean c'mon think: you have 40k acres, I have 38k. What would make you stand up more? Besides the fact that you ask the developer to practically change all the math and put the game to a halt for 3-4 days to implement it, not to talk about MORE tests, MORE bugs appearing and disappearing and MORE time lost instead of developing the real issues of this game. I think the coding and the things that have already been implemented so far since after the game switched servers it's more than you guys could ask from them (i don't like the attack page anymore tho' :P)

The idea of having a story behind the game seems pretty good advertising wise (6 years in adv here, from editing promos to 3D graphics ). If it were after me, I would invest every resource and dude that has some skill and is willing to participate, into a more aggressive advertising . This is the future of EE, not having ton of coding invested into an IA that would ALWAYS have bugs, or displacing all the math in the coding for you to explore 60 acres per turn instead of 40.

I'm not asking more of you guys but to think. What's the purpose of having more land? Really! Because any guy here would have just as much. :P Just saying...

Detox[HoW]

NA Senate

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Apr 23rd 2011, 0:20:10

Detoxx, makes for less farming of actual untaggeds
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Detoxxx Game profile

Apr 23rd 2011, 0:30:01

and you believe that? dude...if some of the players weren't threatened to lose 100% more land through retals due to pacts, would farm their family if they could :P

untags will always be farmed regardless. that's the way it always have been in Alliance. that's why is called Alliance :)

You join the game untagged then join someone. Would be nice to have included in the Advisor's menu something like: "You are not tagged to any alliance on this server. You must join one. Here's the list with the app pages, dolt." and then they'd know :P

Every dude here that joined former EC or current Alliance that joined untagged (including myself), knows untaggs are farmed. It's not hate, or willingness to flex muscles. It's land and no pacting there. :)

Detox[HoW]

NA Senate

izapimp Game profile

Apr 23rd 2011, 0:33:45

there are 13 major tags, 34 untagged OOP which are pretty much all in DR. So its like you only have 47 countries to choose from to LG if u don't want to violate pacts or bring policing wrath on your country.
-maKaroni

fazer Game profile

Apr 23rd 2011, 0:43:46

if you think its about more land you're missing the point. It's about adding another level of interactivity to the game. When you look at around 47 countries to grab at, for around 650 players? That doesn't make much to go around.

The idea of having a well scripted AI brings another dimension to the game. Alliances are able to band together to defeat the AI alliance. The story can be adjusted so that you don't have all these large alliances mixed up with bad politics and causing the game to go around in circles with the same people. It also gives new players who join the game a chance to get a feel for the game without being gank'ed and grabbed for land just out of protection. Yes its alliance, but there is no room for a new player and a few in game friends to create a 'clan' and give it a go. They are tag killed within days.

Do i think you should put more effort into advertising the game? Perhaps, but not in the current games status. There is poison in this game, to many online ego's who are control/power freaks, again refer to 'spend more time outdoors' comment... lols

Anyway my point was trying to offer some positive suggestion moving the game forward. Alliances who feed off war could war, there could be a storyline with the game. Its fantasy whichever way you like to look at it.

- -

Fazer - MGP

deepcode Game profile

Apr 23rd 2011, 1:12:32

We don't like it. We can't do anything about it, we work for the man! We'd like the man to change his rules, but he won't. He makes money, we get paid to play by his rules.

We can quit of course, but then we don't get paid. The solution? Become the man and make a new set of rules.

Ahhh, but then now your into business, not working the line. Now ya gotta play the political game. Don't screw up, or your fluffing bankrupt yo and all your workers don't get paid.

Apr 23rd 2011, 1:15:57

How about after 5 days, all untags get thrown into an alliance of their own.

Junky Game profile

Apr 23rd 2011, 8:09:50

Untageds deserve to be farmed.... even when I was new and didn't know what todo... I joined a tag. even 1 country tags are better then untags. it shows they are atleast players.. who knows, if the untags are even people... maybe they are just advanced bots.. or multi's
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

Detoxxx Game profile

Apr 23rd 2011, 9:45:46

idk about "deserving" but, if you want a no tag fair game, join primary. Until then, if you joined Alliance, you are bound to be farmed. A more fair rule would be that if you are untagged still, you should have a longer protection in which you receive messages to advise you to tag up to an alliance(say 150 turns - some might profit from that rule in wars) and if after that, you still are not able to join a tag...then...it's as fair as it can get. It's a raw idea, but it might work, if some put their heads into it.

Detox[HoW]

NA Senate

anubis0079 Game profile

Apr 23rd 2011, 10:51:52

i always thought the game should have a perpetual ranking model for alliance server. You have to be able to control what you take or stabilize your area of influence.

example: a simple map of the world. Each alliance starts with an area of finite area on the map. each time an alliance finishes the set the "influence" gained or lost can be added too or taken away from the map. to control an area, you either continue to win wars each set against others who want your area on the map, or net to stabilize the region and make an economically stable area of influence.

this way alliances would have a goal to work within to focus the politics on instead of the inter-personal politics.

just an idea

SoLer for Life
"All Hail The Maki!"
Have a heart.....they are really fresh.

xaos Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 23rd 2011, 14:57:34

Anubis, I like the idea of having cross-set achievements or whatnot. The only thing I would stress is that this must NOT give any [dis]advantage to a particular clan for doing so. The last thing anyone needs is to give up entirely, or switch tags, because XYZ clan min/maxed their way into some bonus for the next few sets.

izapimp Game profile

Apr 23rd 2011, 18:20:37

change the pacting / policing / retal practices to encourage landgrabbing
-maKaroni

Marshal Game profile

Apr 23rd 2011, 20:08:49

izapimp: easier said than done.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

izapimp Game profile

Apr 23rd 2011, 22:01:17

I am getting that feeling, but am i right?
-maKaroni

tenshim0 Game profile

Apr 23rd 2011, 23:21:20

bonus
Your forces invaded tiekoon (#447)!
They broke through the defender's defences!
They took:
30,503 Acres(31,175 Gained)
1395 Buildings(672 Destroyed)

Im MrB

fazer Game profile

Apr 23rd 2011, 23:24:41

I think it's worth it. Especially if there is a large group of people here who have been playing on and off for up to 10 years or more and for years to come... It's worth investing in.

I think in alliance, if there was an ai alliance with a story attached, added to that a territory map storyline that carries over each set would be a real positive addition. It's not just adding land, blah this game is Fantasy, so adding in-depth storyline that we play along with adds real value. If some sets the ai alliance is 'corrupted' then it brings alliances together, other sets the ai alliance is neutral and only retals etc then alliances are more focussed on each other.

The game follows a storyline as apposed to members with online egos ...
- -

Fazer - MGP

Evolution Game profile

Apr 23rd 2011, 23:31:28

This game is a roleplaying game, the original warrooms were in zmud :O. We as alliance members play roles. AT is where all the roleplaying/panks converge.
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

fazer Game profile

Apr 23rd 2011, 23:49:26

Those two things are much the same Evo, duh. If you look at the posts on AT is storyline has pretty much nothing to do with in game. And if that's the only storyline the game is pretty pointless. Why do we play? Social networks, friendships that have developed. All good, but that leaves not much for new players.

I don't see where anyone who has invested even a set in this game has a leg to stand on here as to be negative. Why be negative? The post is about adding a positive spin on the game.

The roles you speak of are the same poison that holds the game back. An you know I'm not talking about positions in an alliance.

Rather than netting or warring, or one clan member hits another clan then the other clan decides to suicide or FS just to make the game interesting...

- -

Fazer - MGP

fazer Game profile

Apr 23rd 2011, 23:53:22

Or maybe we just rid the game of the online egos and political poison in the game. That is another option....

If the right policiies and agreements were in place I'd be willing to put a development fund together an help where I could??
- -

Fazer - MGP

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Apr 24th 2011, 2:08:10

this topic of AI in this game has been brought up alot for untags.

I do endorse this idea as well =D
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 24th 2011, 17:12:47

Originally posted by Evolution:
This game is a roleplaying game, the original warrooms were in zmud :O. We as alliance members play roles. AT is where all the roleplaying/panks converge.

Well that explains all the trolls...

*puts on his cloak and wizard hat*

PS - on topic:
there's been bot discussions going for a long time and there's a few folks already working on that with us...
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

fazer Game profile

Apr 24th 2011, 20:23:30

That's good to hear. Is it developing the GDI?
- -

Fazer - MGP

CC Game profile

Apr 24th 2011, 23:01:37

@pang - i bet it is all the former RDs. :P haha
Canterbury Crusader (CC)
Evolution

Mr Lemon Chiffon Game profile

Apr 25th 2011, 1:20:11

[quote poster=Detoxxx; 9090; 157471] "You are not tagged to any alliance on this server. You must join one. Here's the list with the app pages, dolt." and then they'd know :P

quote]

How about this message: "You are not tagged to any alliance at this time. You must join a clan or some inconsiderate losers will farm you to the point of no return and make you want to quit. So tag up or expect this game to not be fun for you."
New Kids show - Thomas the Pank Engine.
Your kids can follow Thomas around the trailer park seeking meth heads.

archaic Game profile

Apr 25th 2011, 14:07:23

It would be really chuckley if they started a bot alliance and did not tell anybody.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

BobbyATA Game profile

Apr 25th 2011, 15:10:50

B&S please