Verified:

ou812 Game profile

Jul 15th 2011, 2:03:00

I downloaded Son's of Anarchy season 1-3. I converted them to DVD format .vob's. Is there a simple / small program that will allow me to burn to episodes to one disc instead of the 1 episode per disc I just did with season 1? Each episode is between 1.7 and 2.1 gigs so they should fit on one DVD5

ou812 Game profile

Jul 15th 2011, 2:03:23

Originally posted by ou812:
I downloaded Son's of Anarchy season 1-3. I converted them to DVD format .vob's. Is there a simple / small program that will allow me to burn two episodes to one disc instead of the 1 episode per disc I just did with season 1? Each episode is between 1.7 and 2.1 gigs so they should fit on one DVD5

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Jul 15th 2011, 2:05:32

hmm, id just delete those vob files, download and install dvd flick, and you can add each episode avi(i assume) or whatever file type they are to one project, and just convert and burn them from there.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

CKHustler

Jul 15th 2011, 4:07:25

convertxtodvd is one i use for avi files. Not sure of the length of that show, but with Band of Brothers I think I went 4 per DVD and the quality was ok.

ou812 Game profile

Jul 15th 2011, 8:24:40

I'm trying Dvd Flicks now.

CKHustler - I use convertXtoDVD. It only allows me to put one episode per disc tho and it means I'm wasting half a disc.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jul 15th 2011, 14:01:29

just get a copy of NERO (one of the older versions (8 or earlier)).
you can change the quality of the encode. for DVD quality 4 hours/dvd is ok. you can do 8 hours/dvd but that starts to look like the old VHS quality. Depends how much you care. I'm assuming you want the standard DVD format. Alternatively just burn them all as AVI's and you can get significantly more on them that way, assuming your dvd player can recognize them.

Nowadays hooking up a computer to a tv screen is a more common solution mind you.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jul 15th 2011, 14:02:31

I"m not entirely sure why you are doing it the way that you are but I guess it depends on what you intend to do with the dvd afterwards..
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Titanium Game profile

Jul 15th 2011, 16:39:18

ConvertXDVD is your best friend... Recodes relatively fast depending in your comp... Gives you various menu title options... But isn't limited to up to 4 'hour long' (43min) episodes like Nero or others... I generally put 8 episodes on one DVD and use the 'classic' menu style with Lancoz
(I forget the exact spelling) for the encoding method. My machine has 8 cores, do I set it to use 5, and priority rate set to higher.
Those that know me, fear me.
Those that don't...
Will learn to.

The end of your future is near.

Titanium Game profile

Jul 15th 2011, 16:43:15

If you are only getting one episode with ConvertX, you likely have it set to CD-R(700MB), not DVD-5(4.7GB)...
Those that know me, fear me.
Those that don't...
Will learn to.

The end of your future is near.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jul 15th 2011, 18:09:51

I didn't find that nero had that restriction. In any case ConvertX is good too.
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )