plenty of stuff about it elsewhere:P
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Flamey Game profile

Jul 11th 2011, 18:04:57

Its much bigger here than those articles suggest. Its probably going to change the whole course of the media here.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jul 11th 2011, 18:20:04

The same kind of thing goes on over here i'm sure (maybe not quite to the same extent). No one has called CTV out on it yet.

Oddly this is a scenario right out of chomsky's book "manufacturing consent"
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

NOW3P Game profile

Jul 11th 2011, 18:23:26

Originally posted by Flamey:
Its much bigger here than those articles suggest. Its probably going to change the whole course of the media here.

Good god, we can hope....you guys have some trashy ass tabloids over there!

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jul 11th 2011, 18:33:05

you realize that Murdoch is the same person who owns fox news, right?
The implications of this could be significant although I doubt anything will happen to Murdoch himself or to fox news.
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Flamey Game profile

Jul 11th 2011, 22:13:23

Its complicated. Newscorp is attempting to take full control of BSkyB, which accounts for just about all our television media. They currently own 39% of the shares, but taking full control has led to challenges from people promoting media plurality. Both Conservative and New Labour were in bed with Murdoch, but the Lib Dems hated him. Within the coalition a senior Lib Dem got the business secretary role and was entitled to block it. However, the Telegraph (print media not owned by Murdoch) did an undercover interview with the lib dem who admitted he was at war with Murdoch. As a result he was stripped from the decission and it went to the Conservative culture secretary. He worked out a deal where they can take control if it didnt include Sky News, which would remain independent.

Now this has broken lose. News of the World the biggest selling newspaper in the world has shut down and what has been revealed is probably only the tip of the iceburg. They prob tried getting info on the queen and the government. Also today another Murdoch paper has alleged to hacking Gordon Browns bank account when he was Chancellor and they looked though the medical records of his dead son. The takeover decission has been referred to a competition commitee which delays the decission for 6 months... but all hell is breaking loose and the PM might have to stab Murdoch in the back if he wants to save himself, because he hired one of Murdochs right hand men in his government, despite there being allagations for a long time. Only difference is in the last 2 weeks the public, rather than politicians and celebraties have been effected.

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 12th 2011, 0:15:10

"PAUL BURRELL claimed last night that the Queen warned him that there were dark forces at work in Britain that could threaten him.

The former butler said the warning was issued during a three-hour meeting soon after the death of Diana, Princess of Wales, in 1997. He said the Queen looked him in the eye and said: “There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.” "

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/...news/uk/article823072.ece

well, it was published in The Times, one of the papers that bought police favours, and information in the royal household and politics

yes, it goes a LOT further than that

dark forces - yes, i would say the media is about as dark as it gets when they stoop as low as buying policemen and stolen property
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

Nekked Game profile

Jul 12th 2011, 0:22:26

Pies Rupert....SPLAT!

ponderer Game profile

Jul 12th 2011, 1:07:05

fluffbud... fluffBUD!!!
m0m0rific

Dragonlance Game profile

Jul 12th 2011, 6:35:52

The world would be a better place without news corp. of that i am sure.

News Corp. owned Tabloids are the main media driving force here in Australia behind the current smear campaign being run against the government over carbon reduction schemes.

they have had way to much power over here in oz for a long time in media and sports circles. At least they ARE running stories on it, but only small print in the back of the paper, as opposed to TV stations and the SMH which is running much bigger stories on the issue.

I hope for the UK sake that News doesn't get it's corrupt dirty hands on SKY.

Dragonlance Game profile

Jul 12th 2011, 6:39:13

are there any articles in WSJ about it?:p

iNouda Game profile

Jul 12th 2011, 11:01:36

http://www.nytimes.com/...rld/europe/12yard.html?hp

It seems like they're "spying" on the police too :o

Unsympathetic Game profile

Jul 12th 2011, 11:16:16

Murdoch is the parent company's CEO. Roger Ailes is the CEO of FoxNews. It doesn't surprise me in the least. FoxNews enjoys promoting a different set of laws for the upper class, anyway - they're probably doing this in America right now.

trumper Game profile

Jul 12th 2011, 17:20:18

Originally posted by martian:
oddly there is nothing about it in fox news.. hmm
lol

plenty of stuff about it elsewhere:P

http://www.foxnews.com/...-results/search?q=murdoch

I almost used the 'Let Me Google That For You" website to make a point.