Verified:

archaic Game profile

May 26th 2010, 13:17:36

You are the only non Theo/Demo in the top 50.

We are sheep.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Detmer Game profile

May 26th 2010, 13:30:08

I dunno, I look at that and see wasted networth ;)

archaic Game profile

May 26th 2010, 14:54:36

This is why I think the gaining formulas should be modestly randomized each set.

I just don't get it, Dave is a Canadian - he knows that diversity is a good thing, his government tells him so.

Detmer Game profile

May 26th 2010, 15:48:24

Originally posted by archaic:
This is why I think the gaining formulas should be modestly randomized each set.

I just don't get it, Dave is a Canadian - he knows that diversity is a good thing, his government tells him so.

Why? I think all governments have a place in this game. Not all governments need to be equally good for achieving maximal networth - there are other ways to have fun in this game that other governments are superior for.

Alicia Game profile

May 26th 2010, 20:46:03

Detmer is correcte on all accounts~

NOW3P Game profile

May 27th 2010, 4:52:07

lol...oops, wrong boards :-)

Edited By: NOW3P on May 27th 2010, 4:54:05

archaic Game profile

May 27th 2010, 12:09:40

Originally posted by Alicia:

Really, all 50 top countries parroting one another is a good thing? Most of the in-clan netting guides not needing any revision for years on end is a good thing? Hoping that top players can repeat the same strat set after set and not get bored and leave is a good thing? 1/3 of the countries on the server not running turns for the last week of the set is a good thing?

NOW3P Game profile

May 27th 2010, 12:47:36

there's plenty of different ways to end up at a theo/demo destocker as well....

ICe Man

May 27th 2010, 13:09:26

I Love Trees (#507) 27,212 $78,561,553 F omega

another non theo/demo...
Thank God, for I'm a blessed man.

Dragonlance Game profile

May 27th 2010, 13:16:33

archaic....are you retarded?

they are only using D/H to destock..

congratulating someone for destocking as a F instead of planning better and rolling as a D/H.....ridiculous

Detmer Game profile

May 27th 2010, 13:26:58

Originally posted by archaic:
Originally posted by Alicia:

Really, all 50 top countries parroting one another is a good thing? Most of the in-clan netting guides not needing any revision for years on end is a good thing? Hoping that top players can repeat the same strat set after set and not get bored and leave is a good thing? 1/3 of the countries on the server not running turns for the last week of the set is a good thing?

I don't know how you define parotting, but the fact that there are a few ways established as the best for producing high networths, I see nothing wrong with that. There are definitely still ways to improve every single strat and its not my fault if people don't choose to be innovative. The whole stockpiling thing is a construct of the players, not the game... I say good for the players for figuring out that there is more to achieving high networth than attacking and producing military ad nauseum.

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 27th 2010, 14:39:11

if we made more govs good for netting, there would be so much complaining.... if we do anything that even remotely makes netting "better" in the eyes of some, they will attempt to flame us and label us as biased admins who are skewing the game towards our preferred methods of playing, rather than balancing something that has been unbalanced for a long time.

it doesn't really matter what we do... some people will always complain :p
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires' Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

torment Game profile

May 27th 2010, 14:48:10

I would like to lodge an official complaint that you complain too much about us complaining.

Its not on!

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 27th 2010, 14:56:21

I'm forming a task force to investigate the validity of this complaint.

This task force will consist of me only.

The task force has weighed in and the decision is: complaint denied, pending further review. Torment must disband until further notice.

Australia will also be blockaded & have an air quarantine zone, so Torment can't fly to other Asian cities and have better vacations than me.

Edited By: Pangaea on May 27th 2010, 15:02:25
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

May 27th 2010, 15:03:07

I think we should all petition pangaea for beers!!
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

torment Game profile

May 27th 2010, 15:05:23

If your the only one investigating this complaint why is it called a 'task force'?

Panky, you already got disbanded into six continents. I likings seeings you try disbanding me!

Canada can feel free to block my access to asia. I've seen quite of bit of it already. Europe is the next stop anyway. Then maybe ill go invade your homeland and then piesings you!

torment Game profile

May 27th 2010, 15:07:31

Originally posted by martian:
I think we should all petition pankaea for beers!!

One big problem. According to laf bc alcohol is still prohibited in the wintery wonderland of Canada (What a bunch of backwards hippies). So you will be breaking the law!

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 27th 2010, 15:17:17

actually, Canada created the alcohol that was shipped to the mobs during prohibition....

there is a commercial for a beer company up here right now touting their criminal past :p

but I assume there is nothing quite like a big, warm can of mediocre aussie beer.... needing to sell it in novelty, oversized cans.... in Canada, we just take 2 cans. We have the resources to waste!
I'll take the crispness of a nice Moosehead or Steamwhistle any day of the week over anything from Australia!!

Also, on another note, there is a German beer which is some kind of smokey thing... but it tastes like smoked turkey! we called it the Turkey Beer. It was horrible.
try it sometime!
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

torment Game profile

May 27th 2010, 15:24:10

I dont particularly like aussie beer so feel free to diss it as much as you want. The fact that we are able to éxport' it to you suckers is all that counts!

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 27th 2010, 15:37:27

i've never bought or seen aussie beer in canada, to my knowledge... i'm sure it's there, but meh :p

the stuff that gets exported from canada, for the most part, is our WORST beers.

Canadian, Ex, Blue... all bad beers :p

Edited By: Pangaea on May 27th 2010, 15:38:05
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

archaic Game profile

May 27th 2010, 15:54:50

Originally posted by Dragonlance:
archaic....are you retarded?

they are only using D/H to destock..

congratulating someone for destocking as a F instead of planning better and rolling as a D/H.....ridiculous

/me slaps forehead

dumbass, I am one of them

21 DeletedByCCsGhost (#364) 20,427 $80,826,226 HG ICN

My point is that the path to networth has become pretty darn narrow. Its become almost robotic, with a sizable portion of the better players in the game essentially out to lunch for the last month of the set. I am not saying that we should suddenly make the Dict-Indy the FTW! netting strat, what I was saying is that slightly randomizing the gaining formulas each set would open things up a little bit, maybe even make people actually play their countries for a whole set.

It's your game, y'all do what you want with it - I just thought it might be nice to see a little more variety for netters.

cypress Game profile

May 28th 2010, 0:33:24

KILL TARGET?!

archaic Game profile

May 28th 2010, 0:58:27

just do it before I finish buying out my PM so I'll have cash to run turns lol

ZIP Game profile

May 28th 2010, 1:19:50

Blue is not bad beer
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Fuzzy Logic Game profile

Patron

May 28th 2010, 1:20:52

Blue's not a bad beer.
It's a horrible beer.

Dragonlance Game profile

May 28th 2010, 2:10:13

@ archaic

BAH! i say!!

BAH!!

*cries*

Perhaps i don't call for as much variety because i only net once a year:p haha

cannot believe pang is ripping aussie beers:(

Gibber Game profile

May 28th 2010, 3:49:26

aye DL.

but i have to give it to the Canucks.... I could still buy a bottle of coppers sparkling in Vancouver with ease.... they seem to love the stuff over there

i could get KING BROWNS too!