Verified:

Thomas Game profile

May 20th 2011, 0:41:57

Thomas wants talky time with you. I sent Detmer a msg, but if there's someone else who is authorized to do FA without waiting for Detmer, shoot me a message.

Toodles

TAN Game profile

May 20th 2011, 0:49:36

Apparently, the world was surprised to find out you do 150% land:land the last 3 weeks of a set.

Originally posted by Detmer:
Originally posted by Thomas:
Well we're on Boxcar. You can just go to Boxcar and click hosted alliances and find us.

http://www.boxcarhosting.com/...cestart.php?clanID=Collab

Thanks, since I don't regularly, randomly cruise boxcar hosted alliances. =P

No one even knew of your retal policy until after it was 3 weeks till the end of the set.

Original hit:

May 17/11 9:40:40 AM PS Wolf Pack (#743) (Paradigm) Felix Da Housecat (#3) (Sanct) 2992 A (+1457 A)

You claimed 150% land:land because of this.

First retal:

May 17/11 10:37:47 PM PS Felix Da Housecat (#3) (Sanct) Wolf Pack (#743) (Paradigm) 2842 A (+1350 A)

Just got back 100% l:l plus WAY more stock than the guy lost.

Second retal (overretal):

May 18/11 9:43:49 PM SS Felix Da Housecat (#3) (Sanct) Wolf Pack (#743) (Paradigm) 1386 A (+656 A)

We don't recognize that hit. Your member was warned of this, as I understand it, yet proceeded to take a 2nd retal. Thus, your overretal was retalled:

May 19/11 11:50:05 PM PS Wolf Pack (#743) (Paradigm) Felix Da Housecat (#3) (Sanct) 4070 A (+1844 A)

Cheers.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

May 20th 2011, 0:50:57

AT FA woo! Get him Thomas!

Thomas Game profile

May 20th 2011, 0:56:47

As I told Detmer, we don't like your gay ass L:L for C:C hits. Basically, you don't have to do any maneuvering or know anything about the formulas, you just need Jets to break. And those who take the time to find quality targets that create maximum returns get L:L retalled so they gain nothing.

But it's your policy. We hit you, you retal your way. If we don't like it, we don't hit you.

It works both ways. Our policy has not changed all reset. It's not my fault that you guys were uneducated on our policy. Nobody should be grabbing in the last 3 weeks anyways. Nobody that is planning on netting or having a serious NW finish. The time spent rebuilding etc. is not worth it. That's exactly why that was put into our policy. Just because your guy had 0 stock at this point in the set (yep, we did a market op) he decided to grab because he's bored.

That is exactly what we are trying to avoid. You want to grab us in the first 5 weeks, so be it. But if you're going to screw up our guys' netting finishes in the last 3 weeks or last 10 days because you guys admitted that you suck at the game and play for "fun", that's not something we will tolerate. There are plenty of other targets in the game, go grab someone else who allows grabbing this late in the set.

TAN Game profile

May 20th 2011, 0:59:55

You would have a stronger argument if you bothered posting your retal policy anywhere for quick reference. I see AxA did, post facto.

So you see, it IS your fault we were uneducated about your policy.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Thomas Game profile

May 20th 2011, 1:05:05

AxA did not want it posted. He's the President and that's the way it goes.

And it's been on our website all set with no changes. At no time has anybody from PDM ever asked about our policy. It's not my responsibility to make sure every leader in this game knows our retal policy.

Instead of focusing on our policy, perhaps you should teach your guys the concept of stocking and building your country in the first 4-5 weeks.

Thomas Game profile

May 20th 2011, 1:10:05

On a side note, when we enforced L:L on topfeeds, nobody rejected it. We never posted our policy on AT, but people understood the reasoning behind it and we moved on without issue.

locket Game profile

May 20th 2011, 1:15:48

War! PDM can send me their stocks so that they dont lose them

dustfp Game profile

May 20th 2011, 1:20:02

Originally posted by locket:
their stocks

wut?
-fudgepuppy
SancTuarY President
msn:
aim: fudgepuppy6988
http://collab.boxcarhosting.com

flameo

May 20th 2011, 1:23:37

As I told Detmer, we don't like your gay ass L:L for C:C hits. Basically, you don't have to do any maneuvering or know anything about the formulas, you just need Jets to break. And those who take the time to find quality targets that create maximum returns get L:L retalled so they gain nothing.

your argument is flawed because;
a) to get maximum land in one grab, both countries need to be closed in NW, in which a retal from the defending country would be able to reclaim at least 90% of the land taken.
b) in order to get more, you have to hit a land fat target with close NW. Most, if not all, clans consider this as a topfeed anyway and L:L retal will be enforced. PDM make it fair by limiting this to C:C, instead of clan wide L:L.

diez Game profile

May 20th 2011, 1:35:09

If you're grabbing this late when people are in the middle of stocking / some even almost ready to destock, land won't help you as much.

The PDM guy that grabbed sanct just wanted some "fun" instead of intent on netgaining, it's only natural sanct force them to a 150% L:L instead.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

May 20th 2011, 1:42:13

Ignorance is never the answer.

AB FS!

AxAlar Game profile

May 20th 2011, 2:18:42

TAN - We don't post the policy on AT due to the fact that leaders change and so do policies. If a policy is posted by a leader that changes and that policy changes, we don't have very much maneuverability in correcting it.

I believe I had originally posted the link to our website for contacts and policies on the contact thread some sets ago (I'll go look for it now - if it still exists)
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
AIM: I The Brandon
MSN:

AxAlar Game profile

May 20th 2011, 2:25:10

Guess it changes every set. lol.. my bad.

Anyhow, the standard policy has always been that if you want to know someone's retal policy, you visit their site.

We wont have another occurrence where we lose out on land or stock this set. The position is that as leaders in SancT, we fully protect our members during stocking periods from any outside deterrence (both from a good finish and motivation to continue playing this outdated game).

If you really want to challenge that, we will indeed, have a problem.
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
AIM: I The Brandon
MSN:

Thomas Game profile

May 20th 2011, 2:48:59

Originally posted by flameo6944:

your argument is flawed because;
a) to get maximum land in one grab, both countries need to be closed in NW, in which a retal from the defending country would be able to reclaim at least 90% of the land taken.
b) in order to get more, you have to hit a land fat target with close NW. Most, if not all, clans consider this as a topfeed anyway and L:L retal will be enforced. PDM make it fair by limiting this to C:C, instead of clan wide L:L.

A) Correct.
B) Incorrect. Hit a country with more, but not 20% more. That isn't difficult. Both sides make out on the deal due to ghost acres. It's not a difficult concept

Lobo Game profile

May 20th 2011, 2:49:57

Are people really that lazy? Seems simple to me. Get the retal policy from every clan, post them or links to them for ALL members to see. This is the job of the FA and IA to keep them updated. If said member can't be bothered to read, maybe he doesn't need to be hitting. If you don't like reading last I looked Donkey Kong may be the right pace.
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack
The only real progress lies in learning to be wrong all alone. ~Albert Camus

Original SANCT...

flameo

May 20th 2011, 2:57:13

"B) Incorrect. Hit a country with more, but not 20% more. That isn't difficult. Both sides make out on the deal due to ghost acres. It's not a difficult concept "

So the gain is through ghost acre, in which there should be no problem if L:L is enforced then because all L:L retal excludes ghost acres, i.e both countries will trade equal real land, but gain ghost acres.

Thomas Game profile

May 20th 2011, 3:00:50

And if you are not close in NW, have no Mil Strat, etc etc. you hit once, get 75% back, so you hit again and get 65% back. That's 140% of what you lost, plus ghost. Your laziness allows for you to gain more than the original attacker. Some kind of fair system you have in place.

Don't bother debating me on this it's a waste of your time.

madjsp Game profile

May 20th 2011, 3:24:32

Sigh.

;lk4;htahjesjkhlfadhjkshjasdghjlaghls;fhjl

^ That's how I feel about this entire situation.

Edited By: madjsp on May 20th 2011, 3:31:12
See Original Post
-jonathan

joe3: bater sucks so bad imag could teach him a thing about war

Detmer Game profile

May 20th 2011, 3:51:38

Originally posted by diez:
If you're grabbing this late when people are in the middle of stocking / some even almost ready to destock, land won't help you as much.

The PDM guy that grabbed sanct just wanted some "fun" instead of intent on netgaining, it's only natural sanct force them to a 150% L:L instead.

Why are you guys so fixated on us having fun? There is still legitimate reason one might grab now. Lots of stocking countries have ludicrously low defense on very high acreage. There is very easy land to be made. A country that gained 35k acres through ghost generation could still have a great finish despite not following your traditional month long hiatus from playing.

And I sent Thomas a message before reading this thread but hopefully it is a good resolution to our current situation.

Peanut Game profile

May 20th 2011, 3:53:14

I want war.

NOW3P Game profile

May 20th 2011, 3:53:49

sooooo.....PDM was supposed to be aware of a retal policy that changes every set and that's not posted anywhere?

Makes sense to me.

Lord Tarnava Game profile

May 20th 2011, 5:11:39

Originally posted by Detmer:
Originally posted by diez:

Why are you guys so fixated on us having fun? There is still legitimate reason one might grab now. Lots of stocking countries have ludicrously low defense on very high acreage. There is very easy land to be made. A country that gained 35k acres through ghost generation could still have a great finish despite not following your traditional month long hiatus from playing.

And I sent Thomas a message before reading this thread but hopefully it is a good resolution to our current situation.

define 'great finish'

Others view this differently. I will probably break 200m yet I feel like my country is a massve failure.

Thomas Game profile

May 20th 2011, 5:34:08

Originally posted by NOW3P:
sooooo.....PDM was supposed to be aware of a retal policy that changes every set and that's not posted anywhere?

Makes sense to me.

When exactly has it changed?

And it's posted on our website, fluff for brains.

dustfp Game profile

May 20th 2011, 5:35:43

me too LT
hang your head in shame
-fudgepuppy
SancTuarY President
msn:

Detoxxx Game profile

May 20th 2011, 5:37:13

What I can say is that a country in NA would be grabbed and lost stock over that, PDM will either pay for the entire damages, or kill that country. Like PDM's policy is 150% L:L, or L:L, or whatever and I'm down to that, they will have to respect our wish too. If you make requests, you also have to respect some requests on your behalf too right? That's fair.

Detox[HoW]

NA Senate

Lord Tarnava Game profile

May 20th 2011, 5:52:24

Originally posted by dustfp:
me too LT
hang your head in shame

you are going to break 200m? what country is yours?

Thomas Game profile

May 20th 2011, 5:53:52

I believe he was agreeing with this part:

"I feel like my country is a massve failure. "

diez Game profile

May 20th 2011, 7:50:48

you missed my point Detmer. Those "easy land" you grab this late, most likely won't help either PDM or anyone they grab at all for netting purposes. Any decent netter should know this already.

I'm cool with you having fun, but not when what you do is setting back both countries' finishes. If you want to screw your own finish, go ahead - but don't take others into the same path as your country.

dustfp Game profile

May 20th 2011, 9:43:34

lol yeah, dont mind me, im not breaking 200mil any time soon

and yeah, if you're going to damage another country much more than it's going to improve your own country, don't be surprised when others treat it much more seriously
-fudgepuppy
SancTuarY President
msn:

paladin Game profile

May 20th 2011, 11:37:37

Originally posted by AxAlar:
TAN - We don't post the policy on AT due to the fact that leaders change and so do policies. If a policy is posted by a leader that changes and that policy changes, we don't have very much maneuverability in correcting it.

I believe I had originally posted the link to our website for contacts and policies on the contact thread some sets ago (I'll go look for it now - if it still exists)

Bullfluff.

If a new leader changes policies all they have to do is post it on AT.

______

Oh and before anyone says anything. I do not speak for PDM right now. I am playing in NA this set.

-Paladin
Why the hell am I here?

joe2 Game profile

May 20th 2011, 14:10:13

If LT breaks 200m I better get a mention in the credits!

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 20th 2011, 15:30:57

It works both ways. Our policy has not changed all reset. It's not my fault that you guys were uneducated on our policy.

This part intrigues galleri. Seeing as soviet updated for you half way through the set.....

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Reckless Game profile

May 20th 2011, 15:49:02

War.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

May 20th 2011, 16:54:56

I think if PDM is willing to die for their policy (and against Collab, they probably will) then fair enough. But they're not exactly doing a great job building up goodwill.
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 20th 2011, 17:03:50

"Nobody should be grabbing in the last 3 weeks anyways. Nobody that is planning on netting or having a serious NW finish."

I disagree.

diez Game profile

May 20th 2011, 17:05:40

I agree with h4xOr here

Thomas Game profile

May 20th 2011, 17:52:48

Originally posted by H4xOr WaNgEr:
"Nobody should be grabbing in the last 3 weeks anyways. Nobody that is planning on netting or having a serious NW finish."

I disagree.

If you're talking about bottom feeding, sure. But the stock lost, having to buy Jets and Oil, and rebuild, is all too costly for a few hundred acres.

Thomas Game profile

May 20th 2011, 17:53:29

Originally posted by galleri:

It works both ways. Our policy has not changed all reset. It's not my fault that you guys were uneducated on our policy.

This part intrigues galleri. Seeing as soviet updated for you half way through the set.....

Due to an FA signing a grabbing friendly pact that wasn't even close to our retal policy, not because our policy changed.

jagr Game profile

May 20th 2011, 17:59:25

Fight fight fight fight!!!!
*I am Jayr*

Sir Balin Game profile

May 20th 2011, 18:04:56

If you're talking about bottom feeding, sure. But the stock lost, having to buy Jets and Oil, and rebuild, is all too costly for a few hundred acres.

In this particular instance, even before he did the extra SS, the target in question gained 1200 acres of farms that, being a farmer, he did not have to rebuild, + more stock than was taken from him. It was an easy retal break and he didn't have to buy up. I'd say it was a great deal for the guy who got hit, even before you took the extra hit. Let's say 1200 acres were destroyed in the original hit and he didn't have any kind of build cost bonuses, and let's say the stock he gained was equal to the stock he lost. His net gain of 1200 built acres on the first retal was worth well more than the 100m or so it would cost him to rebuild from the grab.

Sir Balin Game profile

May 20th 2011, 18:05:24

Originally posted by Lord Tarnava:
define 'great finish'

Others view this differently. I will probably break 200m yet I feel like my country is a massve failure.

all hail lord humblebrag

Sir Balin Game profile

May 20th 2011, 18:08:24

Also curious, was the ~16k acres he gained from internal farming some sort of compensation to make sure he got the finish he deserved?

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

May 20th 2011, 18:25:45

I don't know why anyone on this server even bothers idling on IRC.

Everything is discussed so openly here.

Edited By: Primeval on May 20th 2011, 18:28:09
See Original Post

Thomas Game profile

May 20th 2011, 18:35:53

Originally posted by Sir Balin:
Also curious, was the ~16k acres he gained from internal farming some sort of compensation to make sure he got the finish he deserved?

Was supposed to just get his land back but he got a little carried away it seems.

Reckless Game profile

May 20th 2011, 19:03:31

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:
I think if PDM is willing to die for their policy (and against Collab, they probably will) then fair enough. But they're not exactly doing a great job building up goodwill.

Put up or shut up.

TAN Game profile

May 20th 2011, 19:33:48

Originally posted by Sir Balin:

Was supposed to just get his land back but he got a little carried away it seems.

Was this your country?

May 20/11 12:48:22 AM PS Felix Da Housecat (#3) (Sanct) Thomas make Ivan go BOOM (#125) (Sanct) 1216 A (+774 A)
May 20/11 12:48:18 AM PS Felix Da Housecat (#3) (Sanct) Thomas make Ivan go BOOM (#125) (Sanct) 1354 A (+843 A)
May 20/11 12:48:13 AM PS Felix Da Housecat (#3) (Sanct) Thomas make Ivan go BOOM (#125) (Sanct) 1870 A (+1472 A)
May 20/11 12:48:06 AM PS Felix Da Housecat (#3) (Sanct) Thomas make Ivan go BOOM (#125) (Sanct) 2188 A (+1651 A)
May 20/11 12:47:34 AM PS Felix Da Housecat (#3) (Sanct) Thomas make Ivan go BOOM (#125) (Sanct) 2595 A (+1862 A)

If he was just supposed to get his land back from you and he took that much, that's pretty douchie.

Tell whoever #125 is that I'll send him a couple FA packages if he wants.

Not in the capacity that PDM owes you anything, but as something I'd personally like to do.

I know what it feels like to be an FA, and give up your own land/stock in order to avoid a flufffest. I've done it MANY times in the past, despite some haters here saying I'm inflexible.

That said, I completely sympathize with #125. It's a sad state of affairs when one of your own members takes advantage of that, so if he wants some FA, let me know.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

xaos Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 20th 2011, 19:45:23

Originally posted by galleri:

Yeah Galleri... I certainly mean no offense here, as I'm one to promote peace and love and all that horsefluff- I'm sure Soviet can attest to that after our conversations. I was the one on Collab's side that negotiated that policy change, and that was just simply due to some, well, oversights in our originally-pacted retal policy. We wanted to have some friendly grabs back and forth, but not have it so blatantly abusable as the pacted policy was turning out to be.

The policy this thread questions refers to the "Stocking" phase only, aka the last three weeks of the set. That's the part that didn't change.

kemo Game profile

May 20th 2011, 19:59:48

still dont even know why people wear stockings. its not really sexy
all praised to ra

joe2 Game profile

May 20th 2011, 20:15:44

your mom is pretty sexy in stockings