Verified:

Thomas Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 21:23:35

Pang, I always liked you, but you're an idiot if you really believe the fluff you just said.

I come back from camping to this blatant attempt to start issues and begin sabre rattling for next round

We don't need to create issues. If we wanted a reason to FS PDM, we could have easily done so and stated PDM had a spy inside Sanct (yeah, the guy who apparently leaked info to PDM which leaked it to iMag after we did them a solid).

Just as some food for thought, it may look good on paper for a 40-50 member Collab to hit a 50+ member PDM, but a big chunk of those members are either new or returning players, most of which we're training and working to get them back into the swing of things.

Lets be honest here. Whether PDM's members are new or returning doesn't really matter. It's PDM. And we aren't FSing anybody next set unless we are called in. And why would we FS PDM? We prefer to have challenging wars, we could absorb a PDM FS and still win with ease, so what exactly would we accomplish?

But anyway, as an alliance that has been trying to find an identity since coming back to this server, I find it rather odd this is now the kind of path Sanct wants to go down.

We don't have an identity? Perhaps PDM's "you can suck as much as you want, we're desperate to have you" is better than our "we don't give a fluff, we do what we want, when we want" slogan? Lolz

I'm sure you guys went up and down the list of alliances and thought "ya, PDM... there's a war we can probably win! They're bigger than us too, awesome! And they always start AT threads that flame up, even better! Let's start something.

Yeah dude, how did you figure it out? We haven't won any wars. We're still looking for our first victory. We figured PDM was our last chance to finally win one, because we suck that bad ::rollseyes::

joe2 Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 21:56:15

Pang, you are acting like this was 15 grabs and not 2, or that we told PDM they couldn't retal according to our end of set policy.

kemo Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 22:02:34

wow chaos. dont like the policy then maybe you should step up son and lets see what yall got. dont be comin on here just to fluff. lets see some balls to go with that mouth
all praised to ra

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 1st 2011, 22:08:13

Thomas:
PDM's randomness and culture of fail is part of it's identity, and I'm certainly excelling at playing in that environment! :p
It's a lot more fun to play to have fun, like PDM does today, but the core of PDM's identity was formed years ago during the TIL days and when ES was cutting-edge hosting.

As far as your identity, that's not meant to be a negative comment, sorry if you took it that way. Sanct obviously has a storied identity. I always thought you guys were starting anew when Collab was formed, but you keep flipping back between Collab and Sanct and not really picking any paths and sticking with it. You worked with LaF for a while when this server started, wanting to do a mix of netting/fighting. Then when LaF was going through its decline, you decided to work more with SoL and move more towards fighting. Then you guys fought as part of an arranged war, which was absolutely awesome, but that was on the backs of Evo, or at least that's how it came off to me. That victory securely put Evo in the top-tier alliance category (sorry SS), while Collab didn't come off as good. Thomas, you came off great, but Collab as a whole didn't, especially when compared to Evo. Correct me if I'm wrong though. I'm always left wondering what you guys aspire to be, a charge that is often levied against PDM as well. I'm not looking to get into a quote fight, btw, but I'm happy to have a discussion :p

regardless of all this silliness... I suggest we actually consider netting against each other. It's one of the potentially equal netting contests the game could have right now.

joe2:
they were pretty big grabs pretty late in the set :p
it would certainly be the equivalent of many regular grabs earlier in the set

Edited By: Pang on Aug 1st 2011, 22:44:24
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Thomas Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 22:53:37

I'm always left wondering what you guys aspire to be

Our aspirations are to have fun and kick ass when necessary. That's all we really need, isn't it?

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 1st 2011, 23:00:53

Pang you're so full of wrong.

I'm not sure why you think Sanct is trying to start issues when this thread was created by PDM, has mostly PDMers complaining, and no official Sanct statement except that they expect PDM to retal as the policy dictates.

I also don't see anywhere that Evo is suggesting that getting hit late in the set is cool, regardless of whether there was a war or not. This happens to us all the time, typically by SoL or you guessed it, PDM. In fact, I'd say if anything this probably has a lot to do with PDM doing this to Sanct in the past and maybe a few members wanted to show PDM what it's like to be on the opposite end of "having fun, so don't care if it hurts us both" mentality that even you believe PDM excels in.

That's just a possibility, the more probable reason is what was said already. The players who were grabbed are not going to have top finishes, they're mostly collecting land, and considering how much PDM loves to land trade, they should be celebrating the moral victory that they are winning HEARTS and MINDS (and some acres too) for their beloved land trading between alliances.

If anyone has come to this thread to rattle their sabre, it's probably you. Bringing up Evo twice in an effort to shame and diminish Sanct on their play style and war efforts. This goes to Detmer as well (for the original post), Evo is not Sanct's or Thomas' mommy. We don't have to condone what they do, we don't have to be there to help them win wars. They are big boys and girls who have a retal policy that they stand by, and have no issues with PDM taking the retals they deserve. They war well and have a winning record (which Thomas is more than happy to blubber about).

Hopefully this will help clear up some misconceptions which it seems you are trying to start. Now I'll add your famous ":p" to show that there are no hard feelings despite the dripping vitriol in this post. You're a tool Pang. :p

(these are the thoughts of a single player and not meant in any fashion to be an official statement by Evo, Sanct, ETFT, TKO, Zen or anyone else)

hanlong Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 23:14:34

getting hit is never cool in theory ;)

its always more fun doing the hitting than getting hit!
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 1st 2011, 23:27:45

*shrugs*
I wrote a piece discussing what was wrong about Tertius' post... but I honestly don't know where you play, so I don't want to slam Collab (which is where I would assume you're from?) if you're just out here for to spread a little random hate :p
if you're from sanct/collab I'll reform it if you like. If not, I'm more keen to kick collab's ass through netting :p

But those parts of my posts keep getting ignored.
Thomas must be scared of PDM's netting prowess :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

hanlong Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 23:30:49

tertius is from evo
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

BobbyATA Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 23:38:32

Tertius that was one of the most fantastic posts I have ever read on AT. I stand and applaud you sir!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 1st 2011, 23:39:16

ahh, so he's still coming down off the last evo whine topic :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Thomas Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 23:40:53

Originally posted by Pang:

That's an oxymoron if I ever heard one.

I think the only way we net next set if is all the threats we received this past reset were bluffs and our friends are left alone. Even then, a competition is not exciting in our eyes.

Lobo Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 23:41:11

/me gets a bigger spoon to stir the pot
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack
The only real progress lies in learning to be wrong all alone. ~Albert Camus

Original SANCT...

BobbyATA Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 23:42:04

also Pang, I will point out how insulting, in a backhanded way it is to say that PDM is all about the fun and can't really net well and then say to Thomas that a Sanct/PDM netting competition would be quite competitive. And I'm sure you meant to do that...

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 1st 2011, 23:46:11

Originally posted by Thomas:

That's an oxymoron if I ever heard one.

I think the only way we net next set if is all the threats we received this past reset were bluffs and our friends are left alone. Even then, a competition is not exciting in our eyes.

unfortunate... I would consider both to be netting on an even playing field
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 1st 2011, 23:47:27

Originally posted by BobbyATA:
also Pang, I will point out how insulting, in a backhanded way it is to say that PDM is all about the fun and can't really net well and then say to Thomas that a Sanct/PDM netting competition would be quite competitive. And I'm sure you meant to do that...

lol it was not meant to be insulting or backhanded... I think PDM has actually gotten a lot better at netting this round, although the results are not overly apparent... but the results should be more apparent next round if PDM is able to net without hiccups :)

i consider formalizing netting a possible way to make sure netting happens... *shrugs*

Edited By: Pang on Aug 1st 2011, 23:55:00. Reason: clarification
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

madjsp Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 23:54:24

Yes please, lets fluff because the land traders got topfed.

All you needed to do is send a message to anyone in Sanct. You know that a lot of people are available for chatting in regards to this.

instead, lets take the hits and then come and fluff. I see that as a logical course of action myself...
-jonathan

joe3: bater sucks so bad imag could teach him a thing about war

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 2nd 2011, 0:40:43

I find it curious that Evo thinks it's cool to mess with netting countries after a war

I find it curious that you'd post such a blatant lie. Evo has said the opposite. I know because I said it. It's what the fluffing thread is about, remember?

joe2 Game profile

Aug 2nd 2011, 1:22:12

PDM has some good netters, unfortunately PDM can't seem to stay quiet enough to really get to net out a full set without any issues.

Detmer Game profile

Aug 2nd 2011, 1:23:24

The perils of free speech.

In the pictures of bimini and Bscar,

HATERS GONNA HATE

joe2 Game profile

Aug 2nd 2011, 1:24:34

Originally posted by Detmer:
The perils of free speech.

In the pictures of bimini and Bscar,

HATERS GONNA HATE

you forgot all those pictures include pedobear lol

Detmer Game profile

Aug 2nd 2011, 1:25:57

You know you love it too!

archaic Game profile

Aug 2nd 2011, 1:57:28

Typical Sant BS - they are method actors - they cannot war unless they 'feel it' so they need to start fluff to lay the groundwork for future wars.

'Whats our motivation? Hmmm, nothing - well lets start some fluff and see if we all feel better about it next set'

At least Sol just spins the wheel and fluffs somebody over. Sure, its pointless, but its still easier when the bandaid comes off quickly. This Sanctuary 'Munich Agreement' fluff is like watching a Tom & Jerry rerun, its fun and all - but we know how it ends.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

joe2 Game profile

Aug 2nd 2011, 2:44:18

I don't see anywhere in this thread where sanct is trying to start something. Sure we made a couple of grabs but have no problem with being retalled for them.

Now, what I do see is people pointing fingers at sanct like we're trying to turn this into something it isn't.

However, I would suggest that PDM not retal with chems after they've SS'd, we probably wont look to highly upon that.

Detmer Game profile

Aug 2nd 2011, 3:13:13

Yeah, its not obvious how that mistake happened...

Date & Time Type Attacker Defender Result
Aug 02/11 2:33:39 AM CM Schindlers Fist (#410) (Paradigm) AxA ama salame de Thomas (#28) (Sanct) Defence Held
Aug 02/11 2:32:28 AM SS Schindlers Fist (#410) (Paradigm) AxA ama salame de Thomas (#28) (Sanct) 667 A (+393 A)
Aug 02/11 2:31:47 AM SS Schindlers Fist (#410) (Paradigm) AxA ama salame de Thomas (#28) (Sanct) 851 A (+646 A)
Aug 02/11 2:31:32 AM CM Schindlers Fist (#410) (Paradigm) ohnozbatman (#1296) (Paradigm) Defence Held
Aug 02/11 2:31:28 AM CM Schindlers Fist (#410) (Paradigm) ohnozbatman (#1296) (Paradigm) 3988 C/99 B
Aug 02/11 2:31:22 AM BR Schindlers Fist (#410) (Paradigm) ohnozbatman (#1296) (Paradigm) 674 C/41 B
Aug 02/11 2:31:21 AM BR Schindlers Fist (#410) (Paradigm) ohnozbatman (#1296) (Paradigm) 689 C/41 B
Aug 02/11 2:31:19 AM BR Schindlers Fist (#410) (Paradigm) ohnozbatman (#1296) (Paradigm) 704 C/42 B
Aug 02/11 2:31:18 AM BR Schindlers Fist (#410) (Paradigm) ohnozbatman (#1296) (Paradigm) 720 C/43 B
Aug 02/11 2:30:56 AM SS Schindlers Fist (#410) (Paradigm) AxA ama salame de Thomas (#28) (Sanct) 962 A (+702 A)
Aug 02/11 2:30:30 AM CM Schindlers Fist (#410) (Paradigm) ohnozbatman (#1296) (Paradigm) Defence Held
Aug 02/11 2:30:29 AM CM Schindlers Fist (#410) (Paradigm) ohnozbatman (#1296) (Paradigm) Defence Held

Dragonlance Game profile

Aug 2nd 2011, 3:14:51

"sanct's storied history?!?"

L-O-L.

before collab, Sanct's history consisted of failed attempts @ politics (ross bwhahaha), running multies against their enemies!! (just ask AxA:p) and being repeatedly tagkilled or losing netting comps!!

Collab should concentrate on the new history they have created which is far far superior:p

Hardy Game profile

Aug 2nd 2011, 4:49:36

This thread has too many posts that are too long to read.

madjsp Game profile

Aug 2nd 2011, 4:55:00

Detmer, 1296 and 28 aren't close. just saying.
-jonathan

joe3: bater sucks so bad imag could teach him a thing about war

Drow Game profile

Aug 2nd 2011, 6:46:33

*puts on tinfoil hat*
YOU'RE ALL IN ON THE PLAN TO STEAL MY SHEEP!!!

Paradigm President of failed speeling

Seren Game profile

Aug 2nd 2011, 7:44:52

Cliffs for those who don't want to read:
1. Sanct LGs 2 PDM countries that land traded the set
2. PDM comes on AT and fluffs about it, including mentioning EVO
3. PDM points out Sanct's retal policy and their intention to use Sanct's retal policy against them
4. Sanct is like "idunno.jpg" y u no talk to FA
5. Random mentions of EVO
6. Tertius owns
7. Thread dies

Drow Game profile

Aug 2nd 2011, 9:59:05

Lol seren nicely done :P

Paradigm President of failed speeling

joe2 Game profile

Aug 2nd 2011, 13:38:34

Detmer, I didn't look at the news :P. Though my understanding is that your guy worked that chem out with ours so its not a big deal

JanPaul

Aug 2nd 2011, 16:40:03

no dagga post here... :(

Thomas Game profile

Aug 2nd 2011, 16:44:57

Seren lol #4 was awesome

Archaic -- what fluffing tag do you play for? You have the constant hard on for Sanct and it's pretty obvious. According to another leader PDM has actually offered us a pact for next set that we're considering, .... but yes we're bullying them this set so we can war them next!

Lobo Game profile

Aug 2nd 2011, 18:16:17

Do not hate us because we are beautiful!
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack
The only real progress lies in learning to be wrong all alone. ~Albert Camus

Original SANCT...

kemo Game profile

Aug 2nd 2011, 19:48:05

when she says we she means kemo
all praised to ra