Verified:

Detmer Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 1:18:22

Didn't your friends in Evo tell you it isn't nice to hit people after you war?

anoniem Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 1:28:19

What?
re(ally)tired

Detmer Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 1:30:07

One time we warred and after we were done had nothing to do and some of our members grabbed you. Correctly, you told us that was not a nice thing to do, and actually pretty inappropriate.

Another alliance, who is very close to you guys, never got that memo though.

archaic Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 1:35:37

literacy is not axa's strong suite
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

ETPlayer Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 1:37:13

I like this thread. It has potential.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 1st 2011, 1:43:19

Hm, I didn't know I made such an impression. I don't think Sanct listens to me much these days, sorry.

joe2 Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 1:50:11

who is slagpit?

Detmer according to your retal policy you can take L:L so I'm not sure what the issue is?

Chaoswind Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 2:20:30

The issue is that Sanc own Policy dictates 180% L:L for how is it called? oh yeah Disruption of destock time, and that very same policy dictates that if Stock was involved it needs to be dealt through FA contact and Reps.

Funny how policies only work when they are in your favor.
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

ETPlayer Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 2:22:09

(generally speaking, they only come into effect when you're the one getting attack)

Chaoswind Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 2:23:45

My bad let me correct myself

All Landgrabs made in the last 3 weeks of the set will be retalled 150% L:L (before ghost acres) due to disruption of stock time and/or loss of stock. If larger stocks are lost due to a grab within this timeframe, we reserve the right to increase this policy as we see fit. All Landgrabs made in the last 10 days of the set will be retalled 250% L:L (before ghost acres) due to loss of stock and NW finish loss due to shortage of acreage. If larger stocks are lost due to a grab within this timeframe, we reserve the right to increase this policy as we see fit. Reps are interchangeable.

IF THE ALLIANCE THAT LANDGRABBED US HAS A RETAL POLICY THAT BENEFITS US MORE THAN OUR POLICY DOES, WE WILL RETAL ACCORDING TO THEIR POLICY 100% OF THE TIME!

--------------------------------------------------

I think PDM has every right to enforce Sancs own policy down their throats seems fitting in this kind of situation
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

ETPlayer Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 2:25:15

If you want to be an asshole and not just look like one, then please do. I love watching AT FA, it's better than reality TV imo.

Chaoswind Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 2:25:41

So yeah Go and take 250% L:L as a bare minimun

Lets see how Sanc likes their retal policy when they are the ones getting fluffed by it.

Att: A troll
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

ETPlayer Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 2:28:48

"Lets see how Sanc likes their retal policy when they are the ones getting fluffed by it."

Because Sanct are the ones doing the retaling, folks. Just thought you should know.

Chaoswind Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 2:29:17

lol

I am no FA, and I have nothing to do with this situation.

However, I think Retal Policies work both ways, you can't just use it when is good for you, and deny the existence of said Policy when is bad for you, I played back in the day, when clans lived and died for their own retal policies, Sanc made their bed with this policy that makes Land Grabbing them not an option, so I think it would be fitting to make Sanc lay in the bed they made, at least just this once.

Att: A guy with some sense apparently
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

Chaoswind Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 2:33:13

Oh and using this Policy is for assholes, but that is the whole point, whoever made this policy is an asshole

150% L:L when there are 3 WEEKS left in the set? pfff

250% L:L when there are less than TEEN days before the end of the set? pff

This policy is for assholes and made by assholes, now Sanc are being Assholes, so is fitting to use their own asshole policy to deal with their own assholyness.

A guy with no clue, or Spell Checker
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

synoder Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 2:37:59

is teen days a special event just for teens like when jeopardy has teen week?

Chaoswind Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 2:44:05

hey is Sanc Policy!!!

Somehow 3 weeks before the end of the set is special!!! I mean is pretty much half of the damn set.

and 250% L:L means that whoever Grabs Sanc gets fluffed HARD, so I think both of those countries should get fluffed HARD just so they can feel how much of a piece of fluff policy they have.

Don't get me wrong, this policy is super awesome and makes sure NO ONE will dare to grab Sanc late set, but now that they are the ones doing it, they have no right to complain ;)

Edited By: Chaoswind on Aug 1st 2011, 2:56:32
See Original Post
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

Detmer Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 3:07:53

Yeah, I am going to bend over to Sanct on this one and accept their policy this one time I think... 250% L:L...

joe, the issue is that we put you on DNH since you're at war and then you come back later and attack us... all you're telling us is that we should hit you while you're at war so you won't be in a position hit us later when we're in a better position than you are... I know this round you probably would have liked our involvement since you were bored, but in future rounds getting farmed by another alliance could probably make or break you. I guess its just one of those courtesy things...

herbs12 Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 3:14:39

Lol @ thread

Lobo Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 3:56:51

is Sanct the only one that gets fluffed at in the public forums about retal policy? o.0
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack
The only real progress lies in learning to be wrong all alone. ~Albert Camus

Original SANCT...

KingKaosKnows

Aug 1st 2011, 4:10:16

Don't tell me most alliance clans have this kind of clauses..

I will go out of my way and read them all, I don't want to get fluffed next set, when I start to play in this server

Chadius Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 4:25:29

King, you won't. Just read the rules per whatever alliance you join. Then you should be fine. You'll stay on your FA's good side also.
LAF

Ozzite Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 4:34:55

Fug Sanct
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

Seren Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 5:25:55

inb4 retal fluffstorm

*popcorn*

Speaker Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 8:18:51

I don't get it, I don't see anyone in SancT complaining.

dustfp Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 8:38:54

we're happy for u guys to use our own retal policy against us, and we've never indicated otherwise
certainly don't want to be hypocrites
-fudgepuppy
SancTuarY President
msn:
aim: fudgepuppy6988
http://collab.boxcarhosting.com

ArsenalMD Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 11:48:41

can someone summarize what the hell this is all about for me?

JanPaul

Aug 1st 2011, 12:17:16

Originally posted by ArsenalMD:
can someone summarize what the hell this is all about for me?

summary - war.

Erian Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 13:21:52

What's the point of X% land:land when there is less than 4 days left of the reset? Shouldn't all compensation be in nw/stock if anything?

joe2 Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 13:29:31

Originally posted by Detmer:
Yeah, I am going to bend over to Sanct on this one and accept their policy this one time I think... 250% L:L...

joe, the issue is that we put you on DNH since you're at war and then you come back later and attack us... all you're telling us is that we should hit you while you're at war so you won't be in a position hit us later when we're in a better position than you are... I know this round you probably would have liked our involvement since you were bored, but in future rounds getting farmed by another alliance could probably make or break you. I guess its just one of those courtesy things...

Detmer, I was trying to say what FP basically said. Take the retals according to the policy. More of a why is this on AT and not just being done kind of thing.

MR BUTTMAN

Aug 1st 2011, 13:51:24

Originally posted by Speaker:
I don't get it, I don't see anyone in SancT complaining.

Detmer Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 15:43:37

Originally posted by joe2:

Detmer, I was trying to say what FP basically said. Take the retals according to the policy. More of a why is this on AT and not just being done kind of thing.

Because it is completely fluffish to go to war and then start grabbing people who netted at the end. And yeah, 250% L:L is going to do us a lot of good with three days left... we of course will squander the resources necessary to take the land back, but it is really just a pain that you guys imposed on us because you wasted your round. Its one thing to make big grabs on under-defended countries. It is entirely different to go to war and then take pot shots at netters at the end.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Aug 1st 2011, 15:58:12

Didn't your friends in Evo tell you it isn't nice to hit people after you war?

I see a Sanct/Imag CF where?

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Pain Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 16:01:37

not to defend Sanct, but PDM has done similarly doucheish things before.

Your mother is a nice woman

anoniem Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 16:11:02

galleri: imag are proverbial toast.
re(ally)tired

joe2 Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 16:40:46

Originally posted by joe2:

Because it is completely fluffish to go to war and then start grabbing people who netted at the end. And yeah, 250% L:L is going to do us a lot of good with three days left... we of course will squander the resources necessary to take the land back, but it is really just a pain that you guys imposed on us because you wasted your round. Its one thing to make big grabs on under-defended countries. It is entirely different to go to war and then take pot shots at netters at the end.

Those two guys aren't really netting, they are both land trading to see how much they can get. So crying about their "netting set" is pretty stupid.

and galleri, for most of sanct the war is over because even with FA to your countries we can't get you big enough to hit :(

Thomas Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 17:08:38

PDM --

Good afternoon! Perhaps you forgot how to contact a member of our Foreign Affairs team to handle this. As you may recall, I was very reasonable earlier in the set when it came to topfeeds and had a member drop defense, cancel defensive pacts and get farmed for you. We did not need to, but we did.

So you coming to AT and fluffing does you absolutely no good. Because now I'm inclined to tell you to fluff off instead of working with you on this. You know what you had to do? Say you wanted the 250% L:L in Reps. That's all it took. But Detmer felt it was necessary to trash Sanct on AT when he's the one who got a deal earlier in the set and he's the one who leaked our war plans to iMag after telling us he wouldn't.

All in all you're leaving a bad taste in our mouth. We can be fluffs if you want us to be, but perhaps that's what you're hoping will happen since you're butt buddies in iMag got raped this set. Toodles

BobbyATA Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 17:18:10

Its one thing to make big grabs on under-defended countries. It is entirely different to go to war and then take pot shots at netters at the end.

LOL PDM think they are netters? Thats adorable...

Hardy Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 17:50:47

WE HIT PDM NEXT SET? YAY

Not that I dislike PDM.. I just want to war.. cuz netting is for wankers

Raf Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 18:14:15

*spanks Hardy*
+RAF

Lobo Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 18:19:29

*clears throat.... ummm are we still playing a war game?
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack
The only real progress lies in learning to be wrong all alone. ~Albert Camus

Original SANCT...

Detmer Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 19:08:28

Yeah, I thought that was an isolated incident before. Things seem to be more systematic now, which is why I came to AT - to alert the world to your sins in a political power play.

I didn't tell you I wouldn't leak your war plans - I told you I hadn't.

Honestly, a little contrition is all I was hoping for. "Oh, sorry, yeah, our members absolutely should not have done that and we should have leashed them after we finished warring." That was really all I was hoping to hear. I could have gone to you asking for reps however that would have been a burden on your countries which probably are not equipped to pay off tens of thousands of acres in reps... plus as joe tried to justify, I think those guys are more interested in land and that 250% land is probably more to their liking anyways. That does not change the appropriateness of the actions.

Pain, that was addressed in post #3.

Thomas Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 19:10:06

The Detmer pitty party, all aboard.

Detmer Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 19:28:56

I am not looking for anyone's pity, just one's apology.

ETPlayer Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 19:48:17

The Detmer Pitty Party, conveniently being held on the LulzBoat.

Chaoswind Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 19:51:58

Honestly PDM/Detmer didn't thrash talk Sanct, I did

And it was a response to Joe initial claim that PDM should apply their policy of L:L, to with I replied that PDM should simply use Sanct own policy, to with an idiot said didn't apply because Sanct wasn't the one doing the retals so their policy wasn't going to be used.

I give probs to Sanct for letting PDM use their own policy against them even thought that policy sucks.

I am a tad hostile, because let's be honest claiming 150% L:L is bad enough, yet, you people push it to 250% or more, that policy is ridiculous, but maybe that is the norm of alliance server, I may have to have to read all the clans policies as KingKaos suggested to see who is the most ridiculous clan of the server.

Att: a troll
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

ld Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 20:03:31

well its a two way street here, there have been topfeeds according to our policy back and forth all set. we retal our way while you have retalled your way. Im not complaining about being retalled according to our own policy, but at the beginning of this set and last set PDM refused to use any policy but their own. I think it is just funny how now you guys would love to adopt our policy once you realize that L:L is a stupid policy and will get you screwed in situations like this one.

What if it was someone that doesnt have our policies had hit you? what if your guys had tons of stock on hand? you would get your acres back sure, but still come out on bottom. i think any clan that truly nets can understand the last three week LG policy we have in place. i am willing to abide by it and give you what you are owed but im tired of hearing ppl disrespect it saying we are bullies, because its not abusive, it just gets our members back to where they should have been had they not been LG'd late in the set.

herbs12 Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 20:06:31

War!!

Chaoswind Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 20:42:15

Originally posted by ld:
well its a two way street here, there have been topfeeds according to our policy back and forth all set. we retal our way while you have retalled your way. Im not complaining about being retalled according to our own policy, but at the beginning of this set and last set PDM refused to use any policy but their own. I think it is just funny how now you guys would love to adopt our policy once you realize that L:L is a stupid policy and will get you screwed in situations like this one.

What if it was someone that doesnt have our policies had hit you? what if your guys had tons of stock on hand? you would get your acres back sure, but still come out on bottom. i think any clan that truly nets can understand the last three week LG policy we have in place. i am willing to abide by it and give you what you are owed but im tired of hearing ppl disrespect it saying we are bullies, because its not abusive, it just gets our members back to where they should have been had they not been LG'd late in the set.

So you you think 150% L:L not counting Ghost is reasonable? 3 weeks before the end of the set?

Let's put it like this, this policy would be reasonable IF some kind of stock was taken, but in most cases it isn't because when stock is taken you demand even more than that.

150% L:L 3 weeks before the end of the set is bullfluff, standard L:L would be more than enough because both countries get some land out of the deal, however with 150% L:L you take the land that the offender would had gained effectively making it a one sided lame trade.

Also you seem to indicate that anyone that grabs sanct must be an inferior netgainer and there is no fluffing way they would have an equal or slightly inferior stock than your own members(PDM may suck at netting, but not all clans do), news flash, if the offender takes stock the offending alliance has to pay reps, if the ones doing the retals take stock, then the guy/gal must feel sorry for picking such a bad target.

Also 10 days = 250% is also bull, reduce it to 8 or 7 days and come back and talk about reasonable.
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 1st 2011, 20:59:23

hmmm ok... I come back from camping to this blatant attempt to start issues and begin sabre rattling for next round :p

while that sort of thing is all fine and good, keep in mind that PDM is currently rebuilding, as you can see by the sharp increase in members and lack of coherent results the last couple of rounds :p

Just as some food for thought, it may look good on paper for a 40-50 member Collab to hit a 50+ member PDM, but a big chunk of those members are either new or returning players, most of which we're training and working to get them back into the swing of things. This is a process that takes time and effort, but we're working through it. That was a big reason why I wanted to join PDM; it's full of lots of fun active folks who have a desire to learn and have fun.

I agree with Bobby to a degree -- PDM is not a netting alliance the same way folks like LaF or Omega are, but once you dedicate your round to netgaining and start going down that path, you're netting. I find it curious that Evo thinks it's cool to mess with netting countries after a war, because when a handful of grabs (much lesser grabs than what Collab made on PDM) happened to Evo, Evo let out a collective whine that spread from ingame to AT to IRC and eventually ended up getting me, qz and slag into an argument.

But anyway, as an alliance that has been trying to find an identity since coming back to this server, I find it rather odd this is now the kind of path Sanct wants to go down. I'm sure you guys went up and down the list of alliances and thought "ya, PDM... there's a war we can probably win! They're bigger than us too, awesome! And they always start AT threads that flame up, even better! Let's start something." but I just wanted to bring forward a few of the intricacies that are really only seen from being part of PDM.

I think we're looking forward to netting next round... why don't you talk to Detmer about netting against us?
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com