Thanks
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Mar 5th 2011, 14:12:36

Oh yea makinso or preator I have no messenger atm, play the game from my phone so that's why I posted it here

Ttyl nooblets
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

dagga Game profile

Mar 5th 2011, 19:37:02

The best solution here is to join an established alliance. If you want to be a hero, join Primary.
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

Prometheus

Mar 5th 2011, 19:53:57

Red X come join WOF. We may not be estableshed but we have the size to be the next establesh clan in Alliance. We are made out of NBKers and alot of other players from FFA. We are alot of Vets to the game.

Join: wof.ghqnet.com
Quit why am i still posting?

Scorba Game profile

Mar 5th 2011, 21:09:52

We need a little more info in order to avoid accidental landkilling.

Jiman Game profile

Mar 6th 2011, 0:31:02

OM NOM NOM

locket Game profile

Mar 6th 2011, 1:26:23

Hasn't sol insulted laf when they say join an established alliance? :P But yes I do agree

Junky Game profile

Mar 6th 2011, 2:20:31

LaF will know when we're making fun of those Tree Hugging hippies!! I mean really if those darmn dirty Farmers didn't know when we made fun of them, it'd be silly, I mean really, we are the Crop Circles to thier Farms :-P
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

Evolution Game profile

Mar 6th 2011, 3:25:37

Originally posted by locket:
Hasn't sol insulted laf when they say join an established alliance? :P But yes I do agree

Well we are slightly more established than Laf :O and have a sense of humour to poke fun at ourselves.

Though I don't think I ever have farmed a kill target in the past ten years :O
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

Deerhunter Game profile

Mar 6th 2011, 6:18:08

i guess everyone wants to not be farmed by SOL? Sure, that way LAF will finish first every set.
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

Trife Game profile

Mar 6th 2011, 6:19:46

deerhunter, you never disappoint!

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 6th 2011, 15:00:14

whats a laf ? ;)
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 6th 2011, 15:46:44

OMG I'm not even in LaF anymore, but it's sad how SoL's response to any issue involving untaggeds is anti-LaF... SoL's treatment of untaggeds (killing for no reason) is much worse than ANY other alliance on this server, unfortunately....

SoL'ers need to move on and stop trying to fight and attack the same wars/alliances over, and over, and over again (imag, LCN, LaF)
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Feynman Game profile

Mar 6th 2011, 15:47:34

SoL and SoF need to fight.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 6th 2011, 15:47:50

they will soon :p
SoL will get owned

SoF is busy right now killing people through the lag, though.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Deerhunter Game profile

Mar 6th 2011, 16:16:24

Sol does not kill untagged country's for no reason. Maybe if you made an untagged country we would start. Also, please keep your advise for SOL to yourself. We do not need to move on- we are already here. The future actions for SOL will be decided by our reds. Not some mouthy, anti-SOL, guy who only wants to tarnish a great clan. You must be laughing as you type because i can not see any other way you could say such lies with a straight face "SoL's treatment of untaggeds (killing for no reason) is much worse than ANY other alliance on this server". Either get over it or get your facts straight.

Edited By: Deerhunter on Mar 6th 2011, 19:47:56. Reason: obvious
See Original Post
I shall fear no retals,

Junky Game profile

Mar 6th 2011, 19:24:30

Pang might not be in LaF anymore, but that doesn't mean the years of being in LaF hasn't affected his point of views.
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

Deerhunter Game profile

Mar 6th 2011, 19:49:12

Junky you are right. His viewpoint is clearly clouded and biased.
I shall fear no retals,

auto_nut Game profile

Mar 6th 2011, 19:57:57

SoL is ranked too high.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 6th 2011, 20:02:22

no no, you guys just don't see the issues and the hypocrisy that is continually brought to this issue by SoL...

when a netter hits untaggeds, they're ruining the game, according to SoL'ers. I remember the big debate/fights about it.
when a fighter hits/kills untaggeds, it's the untaggeds fault for not finding an alliance, according to SoL'ers.

I've seen SoL do a LOT of fluffty things to untaggeds, and a lot of the time, they don't even have a country to log back into the next day.

on that same token, like dagga said, there's other solo servers... but your rhetoric here is highly hypocritical on this issue.

Edited By: Pang on Mar 6th 2011, 20:04:27
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

auto_nut Game profile

Mar 6th 2011, 20:10:40

I love you Pang, but Dagga is much more entertaining with his spin.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 6th 2011, 20:12:28

that's fine... I'm not attempting to spin :)

just reminding folks about the differing viewpoints SoL's brought forward on this topic depending on how it impacts their immediate political goals.

Personally, I don't like anyone farming ANYONE, regardless of the clans making the hits...

Why do you think I am pushing so hard to bring in fluffty all-x bots?
That would alleviate the farming to a degree, but also create a slew of other problems

Edited By: Pang on Mar 6th 2011, 20:15:49
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Deerhunter Game profile

Mar 6th 2011, 20:16:16

Thanks for setting that straight Pang. While i do not agree i at least understand where you were coming from. For the record, i do not think netters farming untaggs are ruining the game. Netters do farm Untaggs more than waring clans, but that is why people should be tagged in alliance. You do misrepresent yourself when you say we kill untaggs for no reason though. I can not see any clan doing that.
I shall fear no retals,

auto_nut Game profile

Mar 6th 2011, 20:18:45

Pfft. One set I was in Sanct and I was going for #1 hits on the server (which I achieved, thank you very much.) I would comb the news for people doing kill runs and I would start hitting for no reason :P I got 23 kills that set, and we didn't even war :P

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 6th 2011, 20:40:02

how did you not get killed/detagged?
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Marshal Game profile

Mar 6th 2011, 20:45:52

KILL RED X SAVE THE WORLD!!!
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

auto_nut Game profile

Mar 6th 2011, 22:15:44

I was FR :P

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

Mar 6th 2011, 22:34:06

Originally posted by Deerhunter:
You do misrepresent yourself when you say we kill untaggs for no reason though. I can not see any clan doing that.

Dude?
but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!

Klown Game profile

Mar 6th 2011, 23:36:46

Originally posted by Pang:
they will soon :p
SoL will get owned

SoF is busy right now killing people through the lag, though.

SOL would whip SOF's ass. SOF sucks.

Deerhunter Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 0:46:05

Klown, you are wise beyond your years. I wanted to say that but did not want to scare SOF away from taking the terrible beating they would get- as would any clan against SOL.
I shall fear no retals,

Evolution Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 1:12:09

Originally posted by Pang:
OMG I'm not even in LaF anymore, but it's sad how SoL's response to any issue involving untaggeds is anti-LaF... SoL's treatment of untaggeds (killing for no reason) is much worse than ANY other alliance on this server, unfortunately....

SoL'ers need to move on and stop trying to fight and attack the same wars/alliances over, and over, and over again (imag, LCN, LaF)

We were talking about Imagnum... then suddenly it became about Sol vs Laf and who was worse attacking untags due to one post from DH that was barely on the topic of laf.

My respect for you had gone up a bit because you had not talked about laf for a bit, and there were some pretty anti-laf posts from other clans.

If you were making a post because you want to build support for bots to take the pressure off neutrals then thats fine. But dang, that wasn't a very neutral way of saying it. I'm not saying your point is wrong, but you won't make friends that way.
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

allbymyself87 Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 10:18:29

Red X must die~

locket Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 11:10:33

it was a topic in which sol had previously insulted us about :P might not have been DH but it happened so pang felt a need to point it out after a couple comments :P

but anyways DH. You should make that sol vs sof war happen and prove it ;)

Evolution Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 11:56:03

it was a topic in which sol had previously insulted us about :P might not have been DH but it happened so pang felt a need to point it out after a couple comments :P

Locket you were the first to mention Laf, to a degree justified, that was on the issue of something someone said in another thread at another time about Laf in a similar often joking way. I would consider what you said to be friendly banter. To be fair most of Pangs post in this thread are fine, but its the same dilemma Mickster (a soler for those in the audience) faced. I believe the problem was the degree of off topicness of all the laf related posts in this thread.

From a sol perspective, we regard Laf as one of the top, if not the top netgaining alliance, that has on many occassions set the path for other clans to adopt agressive pro-netting policies. Is Sol innocent, no, not since we liberalised our policies in 2006 or 2007.

Ultimately its the tragedy of commons, if one clan farms aggressively a resource, then its not a problem, but if everyone does it, then nothing is left. Sol resisted liberalisation of landgrabing policies for quite some time but it got to the point where members said that we are being taken advantage of because we find a good target then its dr'd by other clans, if you don't change the rules we will go to laf.

HAVE NONE OF YOU DONE THE MARSHMELLO EXPERIMENT!!!

If you get a bunch of kids and a bowl of marshmellows, and tell them that they can have as many marshmellows as they want, but the marshmellows will only be refilled if there is at least half a bowl of marshmellows left at the end of each round.

9/10 the children will take as many marshmellows as they can fearing that the others will not follow the agreement, thus depleting the marshmellows.

In terms of Sol landgrabing neutrals more than netting clans I would say thats wrong. To say that Sol kills untags more than netting clans, I'd say thats absurd, except if it was during a chat lead by Makinso, then with that qualification it may be correct.

Evolution Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 12:00:06

Theoretically Pangs bots idea refills the marshmellow bowl however the intacit agreement that a country shouldn't be farmed to death was killed long ago.

If there is a way to limit farming of the bots or to limit people racing to lg them before the limit is reached then I think its possibly a good idea.

Deerhunter Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 12:10:44

I say screw the bots but pass me that bowl of marshmellows.
I shall fear no retals,

Deerhunter Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 12:12:32

but anyways DH. You should make that sol vs sof war happen and prove it ;)

Why am i mentioned in this guys post? Is he stalking me? I mean he says i didn't say something but still feels the need to use my name as if i had? WTF? STALKER ISLE ONE!
I shall fear no retals,

Evolution Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 12:25:24

Originally posted by Deerhunter:
i guess everyone wants to not be farmed by SOL? Sure, that way LAF will finish first every set.

I think it was this post that set Pang off. Normally pangs very reasonable and a great mod. But the two of you don't mix, theres probably a long history between you two.

I think its almost safe to say that all of Laf that posts on AT doesn't like you DH lol. Or likes you too much.

*passes DH the half empty bowl of marshmellows*

I'm a little depressed I've never had a stalker :/ some of my friends have, and its a riot laughing at them. My friends got one now, she always just appears near him at random times, its worth a laugh. I always tell her where he is when she asks me, though I am not sure how she finds me either.

Though there was a recent incident where the building was put into lock down because there was someone that was disgruntled, they managed to get through security and talked to me and I talked through their issues, they didn't seem that bad (they didn't stab me).

Person (phone): I've heard you are good to talk to if someone has problems, can I come talk to you.
Evo: (don't want to piss this dude off) Yeah sure, but because of security you won't be able to get into my office today
Person (5 mins later in person): Hi can we talk now
Evo: Yeah sure, I am always glad to help (Man, no wonder they were able to axe murder so many people our security sucks)

Deerhunter Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 12:42:33

Ive had a serious stalker before that forced me to lie, run, and hide. It was in college and after only one night of tremendous pleasure. I should have know by how clingy she was it was a mistake. The next day i made an excuse for her to leave and i got the hell out. LOL- then my roommate called me where i was hiding (the fraternity house). He said she was calling every 15 mins for me. He got nervous and came to the house too. Then we tried to go home- and found a card on the door. In it she wrote how it was the best night of her life, no matter what she would never forget it, blah, blah, blah. She filled up the inside on both sides and the back of it. I was like WTF? I couldn't stay there. It took days and talking to most of her friends to intervene to get things straight. It was kind of scary and sad at the same time. Scary for what she might do and sad for what i was having to give up. Her new nickname on campus was PSYCHO SARA. Beautiful blond, little short, pretty face, slim waist, huge melons, and VERY CLINGY. If that fits someone you know- don't do it. Run and hide or she will love you to death (although there are worse ways to die).
I shall fear no retals,

Evolution Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 12:50:20

She probably had expectations about commitment that were way higher than what a member of a fraternity would give.

It was a bit slack to name her Psycho Sara, just because she had outdated notions of relations and commitment. :/.

I had a friend with the opposite problem, he even flew to their country to see them again after they left... wait a sec thats almost a bit stalkerish.

Actually come to think of it, a few of my friends were a bit stalkerish. I couldn't ask one girl out I knew cause I thought my friend stalking her would stab me :/.

Is it normal that 10% of your friends are stalkers?

The best line I ever said to a women was:

Woman: Hey do you know where <Eric> is?
Evo: If you are looking for him, he will find you

Deerhunter Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 12:56:26

I think its because you are in Australia. Fact is i didn't think about it but there was a girl i met from Australia for one week my SR year of high school that 6 years later flew to America to stay a week with me. Her name was Claire. Funny thing was when she got here we no longer connected. Good thing my roommate was there to pick up the slack. She was a good enough girl and we all stayed friends. Maybe thats stalking- to me it was just staying in touch and being worth coming back too.
I shall fear no retals,

nicholas Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 14:26:17

cool

PraetorNLS Game profile

Mar 8th 2011, 1:41:25

Dear Red X,
You deserve getting farmed for not talking to me on icq/msn for months
<3 SOL
Praetor - disqualified from the human race for being three laps ahead in the second round.

Evolution Game profile

Mar 8th 2011, 4:00:38

:O I haven't talked to Praetor in months either :/

GeneralKorhal Game profile

Mar 8th 2011, 4:54:05

om nom nom :)

Jiman Game profile

Mar 8th 2011, 5:52:29

Om nom NOM!

iolair Game profile

Mar 8th 2011, 11:11:46

Hi nice to see you GeneralKorhal
nothing to see here ... move along

Evolution Game profile

Mar 8th 2011, 11:55:58

woa GeneralKorhal.

om nom nom

gege Game profile

Mar 8th 2011, 15:38:33

^^

AoS Game profile

Mar 8th 2011, 19:35:03

Red X should be drawn and quartered for playing FFA too much.
The dreamer is banished to obscurity.