Verified:

Marco Game profile

Jul 1st 2011, 12:05:42

Based on your targeting options, Facebook suggests a bid of $1.40 per click. You may pay up to this much per click, but you will likely pay less.
Note: Tax is not included in the bids, budgets and other amounts shown.

1400$ will get us 1400 clicks on the advert, 1400 new players? Im half tempted to pay for it myself, but I'm broke at the moment. We need a flashy new main screen to grab the attention of new users.

Estimated ReachPlease keep in mind that this is an estimate of the potential audience for your ads on Facebook and is not exact.

106,040,060 people
■who live in the United States
■in one of the categories: Gaming (Console), Gaming (Social/Online), Science Programming, Science/Technology, Entertainment (TV), Politics (US Active), Politics (US Conservative), Politics (US Liberal), Mobile (All), Android, iPhone, RIM/Blackberry or Windows Phone

It doesn't even have to be an app, just being advertised on FB, now if they click the ad, they were obviously interested in the first place, but if they click to see news about loughner... How many 14,15,16 and 17 year olds are gonna create an account to play?

I work on straight commission and its been frikkin dead at work or I'd jump on it, right now. Although my ad might be a bit Rival biased. 1400 new rivalers? ;)

http://www.facebook.com/help/?page=864

Marco Game profile

Jul 1st 2011, 12:14:01

If an admin were to create a paypal account for donations towards advertising,it would basically be 1$ per new player. Once that new player realizes what an awesome game this is he would tell 50 of his closest friends. We could hit 800k players by the 4th of July.

Ozzite Game profile

Jul 1st 2011, 12:20:46

Everyone who clicks is guaranteed to join? right...
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

Marco Game profile

Jul 1st 2011, 12:37:29

yes, especially if qz abd dave code it in to where oce you click on the ad your browser stays open on earthempires.com. They won't be able to leave. They'll be forced to play! Like that old bs code that makes your browser hop all over the screen.

Marco Game profile

Jul 1st 2011, 12:37:48

and we'll see when theres is 800k Rivalers

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 1st 2011, 14:22:46

facebook advertising is on the table, but we're not going to do it until everything is all done here :)

getting closer to being done my school junk though, which will open up more time
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Chevs

Jul 1st 2011, 14:59:19

Originally posted by Marco:
Once that new player realizes what an awesome game this is he would tell 50 of his closest friends. We could hit 800k players by the 4th of July.

hahahah we all play and keep playing because this game is so awesome?
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

Marco Game profile

Jul 1st 2011, 15:47:00

Yes chevs. Was that an actual question? Dave open up a paypal for it so we can start donations! And good chance ozz. Half the job was grabbing there attention. If they click the link we got em. After seeing so many video game garters getting addicted to farmville I'm sure properly advertised we'd gain a while new class of players! Middle aged house wives with nothing better to do! Just imagine fa talks then!

"ok the retal is 2: 1 escalating"

"what if I got on webcam?"

"keep the acres"

Marco Game profile

Jul 1st 2011, 15:48:34

Garters = haters

Hell Even my 62 year old mother plays fb games while chatting to ex coworkers and family

Ruthie

Jul 1st 2011, 16:34:42

i play fb games, but the ones i play are all graphics

might be hard to get people to commit to playing a text-based game?

backyard monsters ftw
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

HeadHunter Game profile

Jul 1st 2011, 16:44:08

Get an iPhone/Android app, connect with facebook so you can register with those one click buttons that connects it to a facebook account. Then do a little advertising on facebook. That would be sweet. Then we farm the fluff out of the new players who wont join our clans until they quit the game. :)
Error 354 - Signature too awesome

Locutus Game profile

Jul 1st 2011, 16:49:16

Just say it is retro and people will flock!

NOW3P Game profile

Jul 1st 2011, 17:13:30

I agree with Marco - even if there isn't a definitive plan for online marketing, it still wouldn't be a bad idea to start up a Pay Pal acct to take donations knowing that at least some money will go towards advertising.

The fund may not take off immediately, but it will turn out to be a time saver down the road in rallying donations when the plan is put in place.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 1st 2011, 17:16:24

you can already donate if you want, but we're working on patron status so there can be at least deliver value for it :p

the current donation button is available at :http://www.earthempires.com/contact
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Marco Game profile

Jul 1st 2011, 19:24:16

Set up multiple paypal accounts, make sure it gets logged what alliances donate what. Then we can finally see what alliance is really ruining the game.

archaic Game profile

Jul 1st 2011, 21:17:46

I donated last year, and I will donate again - but I really like the idea of a FB ad.

I also like the idea of getting that kadooshbag off of the start page, its been long enough and we were never really as much a part of his story as he became of ours. For the record, I think the start page is plenty flashy you hyper-caffinated whipersnappers . . .

Dave, let me (an old man with many old regrets) give you a bit of advice. Sometimes pulling the trigger on something is like waiting to have kids. If you wait until everything is really really ready - you will never do it. Sometimes its best to just light the fire and see if you can stand the heat.

If you get a flood of clicks - do you have to pay for all of them? I can see some ass-hat writing a click-bot to see if he can sink the ad.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Dragonlance Game profile

Jul 2nd 2011, 0:23:22

i got this funny feeling that just MAYBe dave might be ok at looking after the online advertising component of EE:p hahahaha

Silent Sentinel Game profile

Jul 2nd 2011, 3:19:00

i got this funny feeling that just MAYBe Dlance might be ok at looking after the gay s&m advertising component of EE:p hahahaha

Dragonlance Game profile

Jul 2nd 2011, 8:36:15

are you coming on to me?

sorry mate i could only afford a tiger airways flight to melbs so you'll have to wait.

Ozzite Game profile

Jul 2nd 2011, 8:38:41

I like the idea of a facebook ad too. We should be more realistic about our chances of people staying after a click.
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 2nd 2011, 14:34:35

heh

well as I'm sure Dragonlance will attest to, it's not so much about how many people click our ad, it's about how many of them we turn into folks who at least try the game.

and then from there, it's going to be about how many actually stick around. That number will determine how it cost per additional game player :p

but there are several obstacles that I consider major enough to not spend our hard earned money (or yours, for donors) without a solid plan in place.
As qz and I finish up our research & as slag settles more into his new routine I expect we'll start making some major strides towards getting these things done. :)
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

oats Game profile

Jul 2nd 2011, 17:30:18

Get pictures of the ladies of earth wearing bikinis with the earthempires logo and website.

If you want to target a female audience I offer my photo, voice, and eyelashes free of charge.

izapimp Game profile

Jul 2nd 2011, 17:57:42

i would donate to the cause
-maKaroni

KeSSie Game profile

Jul 2nd 2011, 18:11:03

A pic of me in a bikini would drive not only new players away, but old ones as well. :-P
EL YAY!

Slash

Jul 2nd 2011, 18:14:25

Originally posted by Pang:
facebook advertising is on the table, but we're not going to do it until everything is all done here :)

getting closer to being done my school junk though, which will open up more time

Awesome, getting this game out there for other potential players will be great. You can't get them all, but there's hope that a percentage of them will play. What has me wondering is if you can advertise for EE on games like TEQ, Travian, TribalWars, and Nationstates, as they all have some kind of banner ads there advertising some other game.
Legendary since August 1999.

AIM: Slash of SOTA
MSN:

You want to antagonize me, antagonize me motherfluffer! Get in the ring, motherfluffer and I’ll kick your fluffy little ass! PUNK! — W. Axl Rose.

legion Game profile

Jul 2nd 2011, 18:36:21

meh raise funds with a tourney server you pay to play, top 10 get money
Nobody puts baby in a corner

Marshal Game profile

Jul 2nd 2011, 20:49:54

Originally posted by KeSSie:
A pic of me in a bikini would drive not only new players away, but old ones as well. :-P

that's a lie, if reckless gets aroused with pic of you in bras then you in bikini would be better.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 3rd 2011, 0:23:42

Originally posted by Slash:
Originally posted by Pang:

Awesome, getting this game out there for other potential players will be great. You can't get them all, but there's hope that a percentage of them will play. What has me wondering is if you can advertise for EE on games like TEQ, Travian, TribalWars, and Nationstates, as they all have some kind of banner ads there advertising some other game.

we can investigate targeting there as needed. I'm not sure how many of them use networks which are publicly available and have reasonable ad rates.

I'm also wondering about re-targeting options through Google AdWords and whether it would be worthwhile to bring people back to EE once they've started playing. Google Ads are shown on YouTube, which I really like for retargeting.

Places like NewEgg are doing some cool stuff with retargeting and I'd kind of like to play with it as an experiment! :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Dragonlance Game profile

Jul 3rd 2011, 9:19:20

I endorse Pang's above statements:p

spoodini Game profile

Jul 3rd 2011, 9:28:09

I endorse anything Dragonlance says.

Hey Pang, will my Earth:2025 Patron Status transfer to Earth: Empires? ;) I miss the good ol' Patron Boards! :P
The person below me is sexy.

PG Game profile

Jul 3rd 2011, 11:43:59

Originally posted by Marco:

I work on straight commission and its been frikkin dead at work or I'd jump on it, right now. Although my ad might be a bit Rival biased. 1400 new rivalers? ;)
http://www.facebook.com/help/?page=864

I just love that idea.. 1400 new rivalers...!!!! =D
RIVAL
MSN/E-mail:
EE inside message

http://i.imgur.com/BFg5Y.jpg

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 3rd 2011, 13:43:29

money you paid to mehul to fund his coffee shop has no bearing on earth empires, spoodini.

sorry! :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Marshal Game profile

Jul 3rd 2011, 20:39:50

what pang said, patrons money gave mehul his 1st shop and joltomac's money gave him more coffeeshops.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....