Verified:

MorTcuS Game profile

May 20th 2011, 5:05:11

7k inhabitants in my town in the wood. I take a walk at 00:45am and i saw a wolf. It followed me for 300 meters and it got closer and closer to me during that time. At the end when i had to confront it it was at about 5 meters from me.

I imagined this moment all my life and somehow I thought it would scare me but it didnt. I was ready for it. I face the wolf and I litterally started running towards it making noise and it ran away then looked back and tried to come back near me and i did it again and it left for good.

I realized something. Acting and bluffing is something only humans can do. If the wolf didn't run away I was gonna have to fight it, and it wasnt looking good for me.

It feels good to know that i can scare a wolf away. Just had to say it :)
174099715 (not in use)

Steam : wargasm1

Lord Tarnava Game profile

May 20th 2011, 5:09:22

What? My budgie puff himself up and tries to intimidate me all the time. other animals can bluff.

But that's awesome.

hellfish Game profile

May 20th 2011, 5:09:37

it ran away to get the wolf pack lol.

hawkeyee Game profile

May 20th 2011, 5:09:51

You can also do that to an average-sized black bear. Most animals will get scared by things that are louder and look bigger than them. But well done on surviving your first wolf attack! :)
Minister
The Omega
Omega Retal Policy/Contacts: http://tinyurl.com/owpvakm (Earth Wiki)
Apply: http://tinyurl.com/mydc8by (Boxcar)

May 20th 2011, 5:12:26

ya I've encountered a few black bears, they are chicken fluff.

Rockman Game profile

May 20th 2011, 5:12:33

Originally posted by MorTcuS:

I realized something. Acting and bluffing is something only humans can do.

Wrong. Even plants can do it (some plants have coloring that makes them appear poisonous when they are not). Congratulations Mortcus, you're just like a plant.

MorTcuS Game profile

May 20th 2011, 5:12:54

I wouldnt call it an attack, but the wolf was showing teeth so it was a threatening situation. At most it was gonna bite me and i would hit it hard on the head and it would go away. I also had a flash light i could have used to hit it with in case of attack.

and lol ofc im like a plant i keep smoking them.
174099715 (not in use)

Pain Game profile

May 20th 2011, 5:30:10

that is why its nice to live in a place that allows you to carry a pistol. i woulda done the same as you only if it came closer it woulda got dropped :)

Your mother is a nice woman

dustfp Game profile

May 20th 2011, 5:50:18

Originally posted by Pain:
that is why its nice to live in a place that allows you to carry a pistol.

Well, I guess there's at least one upside... >_>
-fudgepuppy
SancTuarY President
msn:
aim: fudgepuppy6988
http://collab.boxcarhosting.com

Thomas Game profile

May 20th 2011, 5:52:07

How many miles was that?

AoS Game profile

May 20th 2011, 6:21:24

I probably woulda been scared fluffless, but at the same time, I've never really been afraid of dogs. I mean, worst comes to worst, it bites your arm or something, and you've still got another one to hit it with.

Granted, if it went for your throat, you might be screwed.
The dreamer is banished to obscurity.

braden Game profile

May 20th 2011, 6:30:14

i used to see foxes and deer all the time, and rabbits way more often, when i worked landscaping for thsoe few years.

i always enjoyed seeing wildlife in my bullfluff cement city, it reminded me of the iwlderness of canada i'm lost to :(

braden Game profile

May 20th 2011, 6:32:28

you live in quebec, i know from our conversations way back in the day, but you live in rural quebec, how far away from a "large" city?

"I realized something. Acting and bluffing is something only humans can do. " The bear trying to eat you for dinner might also be "bluffing" just you believe his bluff more than he believes yours :P

canada is awesome!

ZDH Game profile

May 20th 2011, 7:43:43

I'd rather fight a wolf then a pitbull.
-BigZ

Sifos Game profile

May 20th 2011, 8:17:11

Imaginary Numbers
If you're important enough to contact me, you will know how to contact me.
Self appointed emperor of the Order of Bunnies.
The only way to be certain your allies will not betray you is to kill them all!

hanlong Game profile

May 20th 2011, 8:21:12

where are you from again?
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

SolidSnake Game profile

May 20th 2011, 11:58:39

I wouldnt call it an attack, but the wolf was showing teeth so it was a threatening situation. At most it was gonna bite me and i would hit it hard on the head and it would go away. I also had a flash light i could have used to hit it with in case of attack.

and lol ofc im like a plant i keep smoking them.

you know if you shone the light in its face it would of ran away....

Rufus Game profile

May 20th 2011, 12:11:26

I face the wolf and I litterally started running towards it making noise and it ran away then looked back and tried to come back near me and i did it again and it left for good.

I realized something. Acting and bluffing is something only humans can do. If the wolf didn't run away I was gonna have to fight it, and it wasnt looking good for me.

You were very lucky that you were not in his forest and he knew it. You attacked him and he backed off, no point in disputing the area he's not interested in anyway. Try that on his turf and not only that he won't run away but he'll also howl for a bunch of his friends to enjoy the fun. Or try that in your town, but with a stray dog who knows that the street belongs to him just as much as it belongs to you...
I am John Galt.

Shinigami Game profile

May 20th 2011, 12:46:48

Originally posted by Rufus:
I face the wolf and I litterally started running towards it making noise and it ran away then looked back and tried to come back near me and i did it again and it left for good.

You were very lucky that you were not in his forest and he knew it. You attacked him and he backed off, no point in disputing the area he's not interested in anyway. Try that on his turf and not only that he won't run away but he'll also howl for a bunch of his friends to enjoy the fun. Or try that in your town, but with a stray dog who knows that the street belongs to him just as much as it belongs to you...

No worries. He was just out looking for a place called Lee Ho Fook's

archaic Game profile

May 20th 2011, 14:43:55

Obviously, he did not have enough of the pack in WC to put together a decent kill run. He'll be back with breakers next time.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Havoc Game profile

May 20th 2011, 15:41:28

Have you never seen a scared cat or kitten? Even they put their body sideways and arch their back way up and go all rigid to look bigger..

But nice lol. How big was it?

Some redneck around here killed a ladies 2 pet huskies cause they wondered over to his farm at night and he thought they were wolves:/
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

de1i Game profile

May 20th 2011, 15:57:30

Opossums, elephants, Koko the gorilla lied when she spoke sign language, countless fish and reptiles all bluf. It definitely is not just humans :P

But anyhow, did you go home and have a nice stiff drink after that? :)

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

May 20th 2011, 15:59:52

It could have been your pet, you fluff.

mrford Game profile

May 20th 2011, 17:05:46

when we are on my family's hunting land in GA we make everyone have a loaded gun at all times when they leave camp

if that wolf hadnt backed off you woulda been fluffed, and its odd that he was alone. thats the problem with wolves, rarely are they ever alone.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

MorTcuS Game profile

May 20th 2011, 19:45:18

Originally posted by braden:
you live in quebec, i know from our conversations way back in the day, but you live in rural quebec, how far away from a "large" city?

"I realized something. Acting and bluffing is something only humans can do. " The bear trying to eat you for dinner might also be "bluffing" just you believe his bluff more than he believes yours :P

canada is awesome!

I live 45 minutes in car away from the next 25k+ population town and im about 8 hours away from the next 200k+ population city which is quebec city.

I'm not sure if i shown the light in its face it would have moved. We have wolves here every now and then and they have an history of attacking groups of kids/teens around here in the past 100 years.

It had a very large chest and huge head, i'm not even sure i could have moved it if was on me.

And yes it wasnt on its territory and it did save my ass. I'm just worried about kids who go out late. What if they start comming more than one at a time (wolves)?

Edited By: MorTcuS on May 20th 2011, 19:50:52
See Original Post
174099715 (not in use)

Junky Game profile

May 20th 2011, 19:49:05

there is a bug that looks and acts like a Firefly but it actually preys on them.
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 20th 2011, 19:54:14

Are you certain is was a wolf and not a coyote? The odds of it being a coyote are much higher.

kemo Game profile

May 20th 2011, 19:56:52

know what you mean man. i make ants my fluff all the time
all praised to ra

PapaSmurf Game profile

May 20th 2011, 19:57:02

If you did engage the wolf. Best thing to do is go for the eyes. When I was 13-14 I went on a canoeing trip to the boundry waters(boarder of minnesota and canada). I was portaging and made mistake of going ahead of the group so I could make two trips, I came around a bend and there were 3 wolves up the path. I was so scared, but I tried really hard to stay clam. I looked down, as to not show a challenge, and I drop my pack and the stuff I was carring and I walked back away from them. Luckly they did not follow me.

kemo Game profile

May 20th 2011, 20:06:49

also anyone else notice the man just wonders around at night with a flash light? mort maybe either

govt agent

perv (side note if you happen to see some hot chicks goin at it feel free to mention that walkin story as well)

community home block watcher. the more likely one but im still hopin to hear the second one with chicks

also it is damn hard to type when you resize this box small as itll go
all praised to ra

TAN Game profile

May 20th 2011, 20:12:18

I realized something. Acting and bluffing is something only humans can do.

Interesting. That woulda been pretty freaky just because of the psychological factor, but I suppose you were pretty safe, since wolves usually only attack in packs.

But the quoted part is not actually correct, as other people have pointed out.

For instance, cats are fluffing MASTER liars:

http://www.cracked.com/...kingly-evil-explanations/

Read #3 in particular for a case of nature bluffing.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Marshal Game profile

May 20th 2011, 23:02:17

you sure it was wolf?
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

H Game profile

May 20th 2011, 23:27:58

A trick I learned from my family, who work in the logging industry, is to drag a stick behind you if your being followed by wolves.... It diverts their attention to the stick. From what I hear, this method will keep an entire pack on your heels, but they wont attack.

Walk tall, dont show fear, drag your stick , and dont stumble/fall down.

I guess if all else fails, at least you have a stick in hand :P

H Game profile

May 20th 2011, 23:35:34

And as far as fighting a dog/wolf... best bet is to isolate the head, get your legs on its back, as if your trying to ride it.

Then you grab the front legs and pull em back, splitting the rib cage. It will die almost instantly.

CGiboney Game profile

May 20th 2011, 23:40:26

One man wolf pack!

Unholy Monks

Rolangunslinger Game profile

May 21st 2011, 1:04:50

H, sounds like you have been 'dancing with wolves' before. couldn't resist this one.

and Mortcus, nice save.

TAN Game profile

May 21st 2011, 1:09:12

tatonka! tatonka!
FREEEEEDOM!!!

archaic Game profile

May 21st 2011, 3:48:09

Originally posted by H:
And as far as fighting a dog/wolf... best bet is to isolate the head, get your legs on its back, as if your trying to ride it.

Then you grab the front legs and pull em back, splitting the rib cage. It will die almost instantly.

Dude, seriously? I mean, I doubt Mythbusters is going to take this one on, but my BS detector just pegged. Whenever you mount a wolf and try to reach for his front legs - please call me so I can watch while he gnaws your hands off (he can lick his own balls, so I'm pretty sure he'll be able to reach you too).

EVEN if you were able to grab ahold of the front legs of a 100 lb ball of fury with 2" fangs, there aint a snowballs chance in hell of you 'splitting the rib cage" with your puny man strength - the legs are not attached to the rib cage anyway.

If you ever find yourself in TX, I'll get you a coyote to practice on, if you can split the ribcage of a dead coyote, I'll give you a $100.

Sadly, the whole canine wrestling boston crab kill-shot maneuver also casts a serious shadow on your dragging a stick theory.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

H Game profile

May 21st 2011, 3:52:49

lol, Ive spent a lil time in the bush Gun.

Never really had any problems with animals.... yet.... I just like to think id know what to do should a situation come up :)

Confidence is key, they can smell that fluff.

MorTcuS Game profile

May 21st 2011, 3:56:15

i wanna see u bull ride a wolf :P
174099715 (not in use)

May 21st 2011, 4:00:22

I've put down a few dogs by kicking them really hard. I used to go door to door as a teenager and had a few dogs try and attack me. Side step them and rill them in the ribs or stomach, if you get them hard enough in the stomach they'll throw up.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 21st 2011, 13:22:02

I've had deer get brave with me a few times... You'd think "meh its just a deer" but in reality they could beat your ass. Humans are basically the biggest pussies on earth, physically.

Facing a wolf would be interesting!

MorTcuS Game profile

May 21st 2011, 13:25:31

deer eat plants and grass, wolves eat meat and people :P.
174099715 (not in use)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 21st 2011, 13:27:41

Ok, MorTcuS you have more hair on your balls. I bet you eat a lot of beef jerkey too...

Pain Game profile

May 21st 2011, 13:56:18

its too bad wolves dont recognize white flags, otherwise youd be fine to wander around in wolf infested forests mort.
Your mother is a nice woman

kemo Game profile

May 21st 2011, 15:54:29

just always make sure your with someone else and that you can run faster then them
all praised to ra

grimjoww Game profile

May 21st 2011, 17:09:55

animals usually wont attack you if they dont sense fear in you. same with dogs.. if they smell fear, they will bark at you

Alana Game profile

May 21st 2011, 17:12:37

Glad you are okay.
I have seen bears on the street by my house and I would always back away before they saw me lol
Alana
LCN Peon

Lobo Game profile

May 22nd 2011, 19:31:16

Have raised my own 100+ lb wolf.(now gone because of a guy in a truck) It is ALL a mind game with them and they do not react well to any sort of violence. If you watch how they attack in a pack that gives you some insight as to how they would take you down. Legs first. Dogs go for arms but the wolf wants you hurt and down at his level. My wolf even in play would body block me if I let him and PS punching them flat on top of the head will get your hand broken. Jaw is the weakest area aside from the groin. Hope you reported it to the game warden MoRT, hate to have him try it again on some little teen who snuck out to see her boy friend. Crazy what a desperate animal would do. Friend in MT had a dog on a leash snatched from her by a lone wolf.
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack
The only real progress lies in learning to be wrong all alone. ~Albert Camus

Original SANCT...

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

May 22nd 2011, 22:21:55

bah, sneaking out is just revenge for the Santa Claus lie.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.