Things I like -

Nathans Hotdogs
Cold budweiser and watching baseball at the bar
Vegas
Bellagio pool
Craps - don't have this back home
Free drinks while gambling

Things I don't like -

Tipping - seriously, sort this fluff out. I pay for a product/service, I should not be obligated to top up. Just mandate a tax - much easier. Call it - Tax for Crap Service (TCS) and make it 10%
People asking if I'm from New Zealand
People harrassing you on the street to buy rubbish
martian

... this list will be updated
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

Devestation Game profile

Jun 6th 2010, 20:48:04

heheheh

mrford Game profile

Jun 6th 2010, 21:07:24

You only tip 10%?

Your drinks are probably made pretty weak once they see this
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Just A Thought TAM Game profile

Jun 6th 2010, 22:11:18

Kiwi.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 6th 2010, 22:34:37

the key is to have your stuff on a tab, and then tip low and never go back! ;) lol
Finally did the signature thing.

Thunder Game profile

Jun 6th 2010, 22:41:52

martian. can finally answer the question once and for all.

Does dagga spin while he dances ??
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

Dragonlance Game profile

Jun 6th 2010, 23:44:05

bwaahahahahaha

dagga is officially from NZ ;-)

he is not ours... ;-)

NOW3P Game profile

Jun 7th 2010, 3:58:46

I was wondering wtf country he was from that he never encountered tipping? I've been all over the world, and never been to a country where at least some level of tipping wasn't considered socially acceptable.

Budweiser is stolen Czech crap. :-P

torment Game profile

Jun 7th 2010, 6:21:03

Its not that tippings not socially acceptable elsewhere in the world. Its that tipping is not 'required' elsewhere in the world.

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Jun 7th 2010, 6:26:42

are waiters and such elsewhere paid better so that tipping isn't required for them to make a damn decent wage?

torment Game profile

Jun 7th 2010, 6:33:42

Other places didnt have ppl falling into the trap where they accepted jobs that didnt pay enough under the premise 'oh you get lots of tips'.

Dragonlance Game profile

Jun 7th 2010, 6:36:08

In Australia tipping is non-existent, except for exceptional service, and then it's only a couple of $.

unfortunatly it is creeping in over here thanks to american cultural influence but.

Azz Kikr the minimum wage for staff here is higher yes. and generally staff are not paid minimum wage, as they couldn't attract any applicants that way..

Dragonlance Game profile

Jun 7th 2010, 6:36:34

scode is gonna lose it when he sees what did here ;-)

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jun 7th 2010, 7:16:06

First off I work as a server FOR tips. Tipping 10 percent is BAD here.....unless you felt the service was crappy. But I am not sure how your service is where you come from. Otherwise it's customary to tip servers 20 percent and up. They do not make mininum wage just FYI. So yes they live off those tips.

I understand that tipping is not customary everywhere else in the world, I remember this when I lived in Germany, and I can tell still when I wait on Europeans (trust me I hate wasting my time and table on them)

otherwise........

DAGGA IS HERE!! HIDE THE CHILDREN!!!

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

torment Game profile

Jun 7th 2010, 7:21:29

Well if you expect a 20% tip. Your service better be good.

NOW3P Game profile

Jun 7th 2010, 7:57:52

Tipping isn't required here either...although I will admit that customer service workers in the US have a much stronger sense of entitlement when it comes to gratuity, and the idea of "included gratuity" is getting to be more prevalent.

Azz Kikr - It depends on where you are, but in most places I've been they really aren't paid much more, let alone anything equivalent to the tips they are not receiving because it's not customary.

Personally, I'm a big fan of tipping in the case of good service. What I'm not a fan of is "included gratuity", where the person gets a guaranteed tip even if they do a horse fluff job....I've refused to do business with more than one company/establishment over that premise.

And Dagga, if you think the hawking of cheap goods is bad in the US, you should visit Jamaica and India....it's re-goddamn-diculous there. Have a great visit though, hope you enjoy yourself

Edited By: NOW3P on Jun 7th 2010, 8:01:48

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jun 7th 2010, 22:17:36

I get very good tips Torment. So I must be good.

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Dragonlance Game profile

Jun 8th 2010, 1:08:05

Galleri tipping is not customary here at all.

Good quality service is expected, and if not given, then we would simply go elsewhere to eat etc.

our service staff are paid good wages though, i used to work as one, and earnt nearly $20 an hour as a normal wage..

that is alot more than you would without tips i take it...

dagga couldn't survive delhi!!

i do occasionally tip for outstanding service... but usually only when drunk.

NOW3P Game profile

Jun 8th 2010, 3:11:21

I'd say $20/hr is pretty avg for a server in any sort of a decent restaurant here. Figure $5.45 or so per hour + maybe $100 of service or so per hour (if you really suck at serving, I'm going low) = $20/hr with tips.

I wish my clients would tip on a %15 scale all the time.....I'd be retired by now!

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jun 8th 2010, 6:38:35

Actually you would be quite surprised by dividing my tips what it equals an hour. I try to provide pretty awesome service, due to the fact that I live off those and honestly I am bit spoiled with my own needs and wants. So I have to strive for higher percentages. I have a lot of regulars to that ask for me also.
I have seen tho some of the other servers and girls and can see how they make crappy tips. Guess it depends how bad a person wants that extra percentage.

torment Game profile

Jun 8th 2010, 8:25:42

All the more power to you.

Marthaen Game profile

Jun 8th 2010, 12:12:17

Not sure about the rest of the country but here in New Hampshire it is not uncommon for servers to make the minimum allowed wage of $2.13/hour...That being said there is a potential to make considerably more with tips. My sister would bring home on a good night anywhere from $200-400 in a single 5-6 hour shift. Of course on bad nights she was lucky to clear $30-40 if it was absolutely dead, but law also requires that with tips and the hourly rate of $2.13 the server must make at least minimum wage. If tips do not suffice to meet the average then the employer must cover the difference.

As long as service was decent I used to tip at an absolute minimum of 20% with the thought that for those doing it were lucky to pick up 25-30 hours a week so they needed more to make ends meet. Then one night I watched the server as she buzzed around six tables and I started doing some rough math and at 20% the waitress would be looking at between $80-120 for that hour alone. I know this is not a constant open to close thing, but I figure you get at a minimum three full cycles on the tables, so even on the low and of $80 per six table she would be netting $240 and likely more. Combined with the fact that common practice here in NH is to only claim 10% of your actual tips and after missing the bulk of the taxes the waitress would be making more in her five hours then I make in my 10 daily...That just seemed like total Bullfluff...I can appreciate paying someone a decent wage for a job well done, but I just have a hard time justifying paying the person carrying plates back and forth more then our local law enforcement, fire fighters and teachers get paid...So now I tend to base the tip not on the bill necessarily, but on service and how long I was there...Typical tip is around a $10/max for the ~45 minutes we are there, if service was just unbelievable and makes us want to come back based on that alone they may see more, but that doesn't happen too too often..

One thing I forgot to mention is that the only real time I deviate is if it one of those places where they have to split tips with the bartenders and the bus staff. Then I may leave an extra 25-30% tops, but that is not the norm by any means...

Edited By: Marthaen on Jun 8th 2010, 12:22:49

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jun 8th 2010, 15:22:07

dance dagga dance
spin spin spin.
I'm not from the US though
fail dagga fail
spin spin spin!
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|