Verified:

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

Jul 16th 2011, 0:55:54

i updated my iphone to the i.o.s 4.3.4 and all of a sudden my battery life is crap.

and i look my usage and stand buy time are the same..
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

CKHustler

Jul 16th 2011, 1:00:02

whenever my phone does stuff like that I turn it off and on and see how it reacts. Usually it's an app that I downloaded.

You could tell your phone to sit instead of stand when it buys time too. :P

Thomas Game profile

Jul 16th 2011, 1:05:06

Idk about iPhones but they have app killers on Droids that terminate the program so it's not running in the background and using your memory/battery

madjsp Game profile

Jul 16th 2011, 5:28:07

Dark Demon, make sure you turn location services off. that might help.

Thomas, if you are running Froyo or Gingerbread, it is worse to use a task killer since android will just start it back up again. consumes more power that way.
-jonathan

joe3: bater sucks so bad imag could teach him a thing about war

NOW3P Game profile

Jul 16th 2011, 5:44:21

@Thomas - iPhone doesn't give option to manually terminate apps like Droid. If they freeze, they're automatically terminated, but that's about it.

The solution to your problem is simple...

Ditch the iPhraud and get a Droid :-P

Ok, seriously now....

1. Go in and check to see if the new iOS install changed any of your settings like screen turn off timer, screen brightness, etc.

2. What version iPhone are you using? If it's a bit older, the new iOS might be too much for it, causing the processor to have to work overtime to keep up, thereby shortening battery life.

3. By "battery life is crap", do you mean it dies in a shorter period of time, or the battery display appears that it is going to die in a shorter period of time. It could be that the display is just giving an inaccurate read-out if it's the latter.

4. See if the new iOS added any new functions that you can turn off. I know Apple got me on my old iPhone with location services - it leeched quite a bit of juice pinging satellites w/ GPS info every few minutes.

Hope at least one of those helps - come to the good side of The Force! :-)

Edited By: NOW3P on Jul 16th 2011, 5:48:50
See Original Post

aliyah Game profile

Jul 16th 2011, 16:06:19

Actually, apps on the iphone can be terminated.

Press the home button twice.
When the app switcher pops up, hold your finger on the offending app for a second or two... Until it gets all squiggly. Then tap it to terminate it.
Rinse and repeat.
ALIYAH
TINY BUT MIGHTY!
HEAR ME RAWR!

LCN Spellchecker in training