Verified:

llaar Game profile

May 12th 2010, 19:57:22

for having members that blatantly abuse ingame bugs for their benefit?

are SOL/PDM going to boot these members for breaking the rules and exploiting in game bugs?

TAN Game profile

May 12th 2010, 20:00:20

You were reinstated, weren't you? So what are you complaining about? Exploiting bugs are healthy for the community as long as the mods are told about it and everything is fixed, including retrograding countries.

Besides, if you'll notice, the PDMer who abused that bug made a post about it in the Bugs & Suggestions forum.

Seriously llaar, stop complaining. I am going to give Skythe a goddamn promotion because of this post. Hell, if he wants the spot of Prez, I'll give it to him on the spot.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

llaar Game profile

May 12th 2010, 20:04:55

really? wouldn't your inactive comwoody be upset though?

anywho i said kudos to skythe in the other thread

zodiac however, exploited the fluff out of the bug

in 2025, if you did this, and killed countries via a bug, you were deleted.

even with the fluffty admins there

my issue is not with the clans its with the members who did something wrong

and the fact that when i have a member do something, its blamed on my whole clan, not just on the member. which it should be blamed on the member

it goes both ways my friend.

people dropped pacts with NA simply because 1 member ran multies without anyone elses knowledge

you had 1 member cheat by exploiting a bug, should people drop pacts with you?

SOL had 5 members cheat by exploiting a bug! and they were the ones that claimed moral highground just days ago!

LeftyHa8er Game profile

May 12th 2010, 20:06:29

you are entering the spin zone

TAN Game profile

May 12th 2010, 20:10:24

zodiac and skythe don't have a long history of cheating like you do.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 12th 2010, 20:10:42

"Exploiting bugs are healthy for the community as long as the mods are told about it and everything is fixed, including retrograding countries."

Reporting bugs is healthy for the community. Exploiting bugs is unhealthy for the community because it wastes significant developer time and we won't be able to perfectly compensate countries for what they lost.

paladin Game profile

May 12th 2010, 20:11:06

*spins*
-Paladin
Why the hell am I here?

TAN Game profile

May 12th 2010, 20:11:31

@Slagpit.

You make a good point. I retract my statement and make it what you said. ;)
FREEEEEDOM!!!

AoS Game profile

May 12th 2010, 20:13:16

Well, llaar does have a point. It's not as bad since someone pointed out the bug, but that doesn't really entitle anyone to abuse it while it's there. If people had that mindset when EE was first opened to the public, it probably would've failed by now.

Edited By: AoS on May 12th 2010, 20:13:29
The dreamer is banished to obscurity.

mrford Game profile

May 12th 2010, 20:23:31

i pointed the bug out to quzil in the earth empires room, while i was dying, after about 4 NAers had died

it was the first he had heard of it

so no, they didnt see it, and immediately report it, they killed many NAers, and i had to report it while i was walling a bug fed chem rush
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

mdevol Game profile

May 12th 2010, 20:26:57

all countries were reinstated and compenstated. and all active hitting countries have been deleted...

let it die here...

also llaar your country is WAYYY better off now than it was before this happened.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

llaar Game profile

May 12th 2010, 20:29:31

thanks AoS :)

and slagpit is 100% correct, reporting is good, exploiting is bad

and our countries are still missing their SDI, so compensation wasn't perfect which is why things shouldn't be abused, and the abusers should be deleted, to discourage abusing in the future

and this issue has nothing to do with my country, no where have i even said my country was involved

Hobo Game profile

May 12th 2010, 20:35:44

Wait llaar, that means they should delete you right?

llaar Game profile

May 12th 2010, 20:51:51

by not talking about my country, somehow you equate that to me asking for deletion?

i fail to see this hobologic

TAN Game profile

May 12th 2010, 20:53:56

Because you were at least complicit with the goings-on on the FFA server.

Maybe NA is clean, but you clearly (according to Pang) had suspicious intentions.

That is at least worse than what you are complaining about now.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

digi Game profile

May 12th 2010, 20:58:11

the biggest difference between this and what you did Llaar is that no one involved in this is a leader of sol. you are the head of an alliance BIG BIG difference.

llaar Game profile

May 12th 2010, 21:00:03

what i did was a postponing an answer to something i didnt want to answer... when i'm purposely vague i have no intentions bro. when i have an opinion, i state it pretty clearly. i'm pretty sure you can tell that from how i write. especially on these boards. i tend to be a very direct person, and if i'm not, theres a reason. i never even asked them how they did what they did, cause i didn't want to know. if i was all excited to go cheat, wouldn't that have been the first thing i'd want to know?

i offered you full admin access to NA's site already too TAN. i honestly have nothing to hide. i am playing, and have played legit here.

digi Game profile

May 12th 2010, 21:02:07

i have 1 question for you Llaar knowing that people were cheating in this game and having acess to it, would you have told the admins????

TAN Game profile

May 12th 2010, 21:04:30

I am not talking about NA llaar.

I am talking about FFA, and from what Pang said about your posts he blurred out, they were pretty incriminating in that you might have got involved there.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

llaar Game profile

May 12th 2010, 21:07:26

the mods found out hours after i did anyway. its easy to look back and say anything, you wouldn't believe it either way. the facts are that i didn't cheat, that i didn't intend to. and what was i going to do with the new knowledge? i didn't even have time to figure that out. it really was a few days of woah... woah... woah.. for me for all the new stuff coming out and the crazy FFAT posting. so i just stayed off the boards since i didnt really have a hand in doing anything. when people start going after NA and stuff, now that becomes personal. and then i started posting. i'm quite an active poster now aren't i? hehe

llaar Game profile

May 12th 2010, 21:09:03

Originally posted by TAN:
I am not talking about NA llaar.

I am talking about FFA, and from what Pang said about your posts he blurred out, they were pretty incriminating in that you might have got involved there.

"what i did was a postponing an answer to something i didnt want to answer... when i'm purposely vague i have no intentions bro"

i already answered you buddy :)

my vagueness was enough to keep the people in LaE at bay without expecting anything, and at the same time is enough to make me look incriminating.

sucks for me the way it looks... but i didn't cheat and wasn't going to

lolicon Game profile

May 12th 2010, 21:10:55

llaaar

you know whats interesting is your country is still alive despite it being legitimately killed via GS

newsfeeds indicate exactly 1 missile were sent at you during the last kill run on you

so isn't it cheating to ask for reinstatement of your country when your country was not affected? o wait, i forgot it's ok if it benefeits llaar or NA (my bad)...

Edited By: lolicon on May 12th 2010, 21:14:26
Just because they're young, fictional, and two-dimensional does not make it wrong!

Detoxxx Game profile

May 12th 2010, 21:12:56

Originally posted by digi:
i have 1 question for you Llaar knowing that people were cheating in this game and having acess to it, would you have told the admins????

we had so many discussions over ONE member FROM NA cheating on another server. do you really think we want to ruin this server like the ones that abused the bug? Everyone talks about "the interest of the community", when for this $hit (these accusations) NA lost some members and I am pretty sure "this community" we're all proud of, will be 10-20 members THINNER, NA excluded.

Edited By: Detoxxx on May 12th 2010, 21:19:15

Detox[HoW]

NA Senate

llaar Game profile

May 12th 2010, 21:16:02

Originally posted by lolicon:
llaaar

you know whats interesting is your country is still alive despite it being legitimately killed via GS

newsfeeds indicate exactly 1 missile were sent at you during the last kill run on you

so isn't it cheating to ask for reinstatement of your country when your country was not affected? o wait, i forgot it's ok if it benefeits llaar or NA (my bad)...

dude, skythe sent 110 GS attacks...

the bug was on GS and on chem ya douche

Ivan Game profile

May 12th 2010, 23:12:42

PDM's or sols president cheated? o.O

cypress Game profile

May 12th 2010, 23:34:59

I am PDMs el-presidente!

NOW3P Game profile

May 12th 2010, 23:39:52

Originally posted by digi:

wait.....this discussion has already regressed to incriminating people based on hypothetical situations? I mean...seriously. Are you really gonna believe whatever answer he gives anyways? If he says "yes", he'll just be called a liar, if he says "no", he's an accomplice to cheating.

lolicon Game profile

May 12th 2010, 23:49:45

SOL has a president?
Just because they're young, fictional, and two-dimensional does not make it wrong!

cypress Game profile

May 12th 2010, 23:51:33

I'm willing to be president of SOL too!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 12th 2010, 23:54:28

Llaar we don't have pacts! Get fureal :p

Dragonlance Game profile

May 13th 2010, 1:02:18

how can you justify such a one-sided opinion llaar?

you claim you didn't cheat? fine.

but THAt means you had knowledge of cheating and FAILED to act immediatly.

You are now saying PDM/SOL failed to act quickly with knowledge of a bug... if you believe they did the wrong thing, then you yourself should setp down form NA leadership for a set to show NA members that you truly believe that having knowledge of bad deeds and not acting upon it should be frowned upon..

Anything less is just blowing a smokescreen in my opinion.

snawdog Game profile

May 13th 2010, 1:10:41

Originally posted by Dragonlance:
how can you justify such a one-sided opinion llaar?

you claim you didn't cheat? fine.

but THAt means you had knowledge of cheating and FAILED to act immediatly.

You are now saying PDM/SOL failed to act quickly with knowledge of a bug... if you believe they did the wrong thing, then you yourself should setp down form NA leadership for a set to show NA members that you truly believe that having knowledge of bad deeds and not acting upon it should be frowned upon..

Anything less is just blowing a smokescreen in my opinion.

I would HAVE to agree with this
ICQ 364553524
msn

this is NOT dagga

May 13th 2010, 1:23:09

llaar is a bit of a retard. don't blame him for not knowing the full meaning of the word hypocrite.

llaar Game profile

May 13th 2010, 1:24:05

you're missing the point entirely

1 person in NA cheated, deleted

1 person in PDM cheated, deleted

3 people in SOL cheated, deleted

2 clans break pact with NA, one of them FS's NA

no repercussions for PDM / SOL

i'm saying that NONE of the clans deserve punishment... only the members involved that were deleted

i'm trying to say... stop hating on NA! thats really my whole point. leave us alone and i'll just go back to spamming my NA forums with my members. NA as a clan did nothing wrong, so stop hating on us!

:)

cypress Game profile

May 13th 2010, 1:34:06

/spreads the love

snawdog Game profile

May 13th 2010, 1:35:21

**Constructive**
I think what we are saying is that YOU as a clan leader was implicated in a cheating scandal..None of these other things involved leaders, therefore it looks as though you are being a hypocrite dolt..ish type
ICQ 364553524
msn

this is NOT dagga

May 13th 2010, 1:38:40

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT WRONG llaar..

You lead NA and were caught with your pants around the ankles encouraging cheating.

Given your history and NA's, the repercussions are a no brainer.

RaTS FYA Game profile

May 13th 2010, 1:51:29

For the record, SOL has always used warchat leaders, and they where almost always higher ranking then normal membership, part of a warchat leaders job, is to watch the news and know the breaks, along with watching the country itself to see if land was gained, or changes in networth for the positive among other things.

Any warchat leader worth a damn would have and should have noticed 110 gses, well before it got that high, expecially as slow as they where coming in, and done something to stop it, and immediatly reported it to the mods. As this wasn't the case then they where just as explicititly involved as llaar was in the FFA thing.

Difference being llaar doesn't really actively lead LAE, he was more of a figurehead becuase hes ICE's protege. And in 1a, he didn't even know that jager was running all those countries in his tag. So the only people that really actively cheated with leadership support in 1a is SOL.
<~qzjul> it gives you a good introduction to orbital mechanics and a good appreciation for how central delta-V is and thrust to weight ratio
<RaTSFYA>The only thrust to weight ratio I'm worried about involves the women I pick up at bars

Thomas Game profile

May 13th 2010, 1:56:38

So PDM & SoLers got deleted for abusing a bug? Can someone give me the summary in non-drama format. Thanks in advance

PraetorNLS Game profile

May 13th 2010, 2:07:35

qz changed something that caused something to fluff and the effect was that you got a error when doing chems and GSes, it sendt the query to the server and the defender lost what it was supposed to but the query that was supposed to deduct a turn didt return this to the attacker, so in effect, unlimited chems/GSes .

When it was discovered, they understood there would be a rollback and decided to have some fun and keept hitting, and killed 9 NA countrys.

All killed NA countrys + most hit(that ive seen/heard) got rolled back to their original state, some with more, some with less. +/- it prob evened out ok among the ranks.

the 3 involved SOL countrys and 1 PDM country got deleted.

Shouldt have happened, but after the rollback everyone should be happy imo.
Praetor - disqualified from the human race for being three laps ahead in the second round.

NOW3P Game profile

May 13th 2010, 2:17:07

yup...that's pretty much it

Only info to ad - deletions were for exploitation of a game bug.

LeftyHa8er Game profile

May 13th 2010, 2:18:26

NOT ROLLED BACK TO THE ORIGINAL STATE HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY IT !!!!!!!

PraetorNLS Game profile

May 13th 2010, 2:21:52

Originally posted by PraetorNLS:

some with more, some with less. +/- it prob evened out ok among the ranks.
Praetor - disqualified from the human race for being three laps ahead in the second round.

NukEvil Game profile

May 13th 2010, 2:23:07

NEIN!! NEIN!! NEIN!! NEIN!!

YESYESYESYESYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

lliaar

May 13th 2010, 2:25:57

So Lefty - one of the countries had over 3 million civs did it?

LeftyHa8er Game profile

May 13th 2010, 3:00:12

lol after i ran my turns it was lower then when i had not been cm so take that as u will

be4 bug cheming i was at 180k pop

after bug cheming i was at 350k pop

after 20-30 turns being run i was at 159k pop thanks to negative pop returns so say what u want but i had to waste 20-30 walling turns to get my pop to near the right stop

Dragonlance Game profile

May 13th 2010, 3:00:12

The hating will stop from serious posters (note: trolls like dagga i imagine won't stop) when you publically admit fault and show proof of doing something about it instead of trying to deflect.

Drow Game profile

May 13th 2010, 3:30:59

as it stands, for the record llaar, Zodiac is currently under discussion in senate. my personal opinion is boot. regardless of whether it's multi running, or exploiting a bug or anything else, cheating is cheating, and I will not stand for it.

Paradigm President of failed speeling

TGD Game profile

May 13th 2010, 3:37:51

Drow...we have a senate? XD

Dragonlance Game profile

May 13th 2010, 4:34:46

see, now Drow and PDM are displaying REAL leadership!!