Verified:

ZIP Game profile

May 26th 2010, 12:06:51

wow that is some grabbing -
way to grow a pair m0m0 - hope you hold on till the end of set.
i'm sure you have a few on your ass by now.

every set my personal goal is to fill the top ten country list with the biggest grabs of the set. I was having my best set yet, I was holding 3 of the top 5 till today.
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

NukEvil Game profile

May 26th 2010, 12:15:44

I like how #461 is being GSed right after each grabbing run...
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

ZIP Game profile

May 26th 2010, 12:25:41

I saw that too, blatant internal farming, gs into dr to protect land.

what the hell, if you can do it and get away with it go for it.

the internal farming thing is creeping in from the FFA server.
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

TAN Game profile

May 26th 2010, 12:29:33

Anything that isn't prohibited by the mods is fair play.

After 6 years playing this game, I'm finally coming to terms with that.

If you don't like something, do something about it.

/end rant
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Detmer Game profile

May 26th 2010, 12:33:41

/me high fives TAN

Neil Game profile

May 26th 2010, 12:45:06

SS Walls Of Stalingrad (#461) (Neofed) LaMo m0m0 (#144) (FreeLand) 8518A (10080A)

Thats gotta be the biggest grab of the set.
Is that a server record?

Neil Game profile

May 26th 2010, 12:47:32

2010-05-26 09:35:02 LaMo m0m0 $18,508,255 127,429 acres C 121Retal

thats some land but stalin took it back

NukEvil Game profile

May 26th 2010, 12:55:45

Originally posted by ZIP:

NeoFederation plays FFA as well, if I remember correctly. I know they used to play FFA before it was shut down in the old game.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Strife Game profile

May 26th 2010, 14:06:19

Wow, nice

Detmer Game profile

May 26th 2010, 14:14:57

Omega did this on a small scale in E2025 however there was a community backlash so they stopped. The idea has been around for a long time.

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 26th 2010, 14:26:23

honestly, when I see people going to such great lengths to attempt to ruin the game for people just to make themselves laugh or to destroy others hard work, it makes me wonder why I bothered working on the game and trying so hard to keep it alive for the current community...

I'm glad we're finally getting some changes in for next set to curb this retardation that has ruled the game for 7 or 8 years.

It's not fair to anyone involved

Edited By: Pangaea on May 26th 2010, 14:34:36
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires' Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

TAN Game profile

May 26th 2010, 14:36:50

Pang, you are a good guy and an even better developer who deeply cares about the community he is ultimately sacrificing time and energy for.

However, don't curb this sorta fluff by game mechanics that deters or blocks this behavior.

Instead, encourage the community itself to do something about it. It's the community itself that is stagnant, not the game (okay, well the game is stagnant too, but you guys are making changes so it is improving--but the climate and attitude of alliances is what needs to change).
FREEEEEDOM!!!

archaic Game profile

May 26th 2010, 14:45:21

Just be careful though Pan, changes are fine, but blatant sheilding of treehuggers is going to be viewed pretty dimly.

"people going to such great lengths to attempt to ruin the game for people just to make themselves laugh or to destroy others hard work"

It all depends on whose definition of 'ruin' or 'hard work' you're using. I busted my ass netting this set (and kept enough defence to hold it in a small tag too). I feel as if I am easily a top 10 netter this set, but I know that FA chains and market buyouts will probably not even permit me a top 20 finish. My definition 'hard work' is probably a lot different then Llaar's.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

NukEvil Game profile

May 26th 2010, 14:49:07

NA got demolished this set, remember? SOL pretty much creamed all over them. So market buyouts and FA chains shouldn't be much of a concern this set.

How's that for community justice?

archaic Game profile

May 26th 2010, 14:59:10

I suspect that NA are not the only ones who know how to do buyouts or send FA. However, you are correct, the community has policed itself fairly adequately in many ways. Much like the above mentioned top-feeds will certainly be paid back in the future.

My concern is that changes may be more beneficial to larger clans that will then exploit the smaller tags even more than they do now.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

May 26th 2010, 14:59:19

great flufftice.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Son Goku Game profile

May 26th 2010, 16:10:17

Archaic,

There's no such thing as "enough defense to hold it". I was sitting at a 20m SS break on 60k acres about 2 weeks ago and it wasn't enough. If someone who is half decent at this game wants to break you, they'll break you. Don't fool yourself.

snawdog Game profile

May 26th 2010, 16:26:56

Originally posted by Son Goku:
Archaic,

There's no such thing as "enough defense to hold it". I was sitting at a 20m SS break on 60k acres about 2 weeks ago and it wasn't enough. If someone who is half decent at this game wants to break you, they'll break you. Don't fool yourself.

Well yea, anyone CAN be grabbed.
But if you are sitting there with 60k acres and a 20m ss and the fellow next to you has 60k acres and a 10m ss,you prolly have 'enough to hold it' in that sense.
ICQ 364553524
msn

ZIP Game profile

May 26th 2010, 16:41:14

Its not how much you have, just how much easier is the break on the guy next to you. a pick them by nw/land

LaFinglolrik Game profile

May 26th 2010, 17:21:09

Look at this :D:D

7.7 hours ago
A brigade from LaMo m0m0 (#144) has invaded your lands!
Their army broke through your defenses and took 1692 acres and 934 buildings, and destroyed 745 buildings. They also took $1, 696,426 bushels and 14,544 technology points.

7.7 hours ago
Their army broke through your defenses and took 1557 acres and 868 buildings, and destroyed 676 buildings. They also took $1, 661,776 bushels and 13,955 technology points.

7.7 hours ago
Their army broke through your defenses and took 1437 acres and 808 buildings, and destroyed 617 buildings. They also took $1, 629,855 bushels and 13,405 technology points.

6.9 hours ago
694,178,959 Bushels were returned from the market.

Edited By: Slagpit on May 26th 2010, 17:31:40

bore Game profile

Patron

May 26th 2010, 17:27:06

nice lolrik:D

locket Game profile

May 26th 2010, 19:24:23

Any changes they are likely to do will not stop suiciding, but it will stop stock stealing likely

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

May 26th 2010, 19:31:02

Originally posted by Pangaea:
honestly, when I see people going to such great lengths to attempt to ruin the game for people just to make themselves laugh or to destroy others hard work, it makes me wonder why I bothered working on the game and trying so hard to keep it alive for the current community...

I'm glad we're finally getting some changes in for next set to curb this retardation that has ruled the game for 7 or 8 years.

Who made you judge and jury?!?!

Oh wait.....

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

May 26th 2010, 19:32:54

who wants to SHHHAAAAAGGGGG zen?

oh wait..
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

May 26th 2010, 19:38:47

FLUUUUUUUUFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!

You know what's funny. I can just say cuss words instead.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

May 26th 2010, 20:11:50

you can.. but you didn't..

ps:

SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 26th 2010, 21:39:05

Originally posted by ZEN:

Oh wait.....

the judge and jury were involved.... you're just in the peanut gallery so you didn't notice! :p
although it was more of a committee than a judge... or a jury :p

Edited By: Pangaea on May 27th 2010, 0:29:57
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

mazooka Game profile

May 27th 2010, 0:48:46

Originally posted by TAN:
Pang, you are a good guy and an even better developer who deeply cares about the community he is ultimately sacrificing time and energy for.

However, don't curb this sorta fluff by game mechanics that deters or blocks this behavior.

Instead, encourage the community itself to do something about it. It's the community itself that is stagnant, not the game (okay, well the game is stagnant too, but you guys are making changes so it is improving--but the climate and attitude of alliances is what needs to change).

i agree 100% with this.

jakeb Game profile

May 27th 2010, 1:14:06

neo isn't internal farming. and they are not playing in FFA. this is a new retal system we are trying out. the internal grabs you see are the defender reclaiming his land from the member who took the retal.
ICQ - 562899104

snawdog Game profile

May 27th 2010, 2:54:39

Originally posted by jakeb:

neo isn't internal farming. and they are not playing in FFA. this is a new retal system we are trying out. the internal grabs you see are the defender reclaiming his land from the member who took the retal.

Yea,sure...sounds good..w/e
ICQ 364553524
msn

locket Game profile

May 27th 2010, 5:51:39

Other then the GSing afterwards I have seen it before. Its an effective way for a smaller clan to support itsel.

ZIP Game profile

May 27th 2010, 10:44:29

I was wondering if that was it - good i like that policy, in fact we did it in elysiun 2 times ourself. You have to do what you have to do to stay alive.
good for you NEO keep truckin'

NukEvil Game profile

May 27th 2010, 11:40:09

Originally posted by jakeb:

Hmmm...this sounds kinda like what EVO used to do until the whole 'war' thing came along...we didn't GS each other tho.

Soviet Lover

May 27th 2010, 11:54:23

Yeah sure the ghost acres gained from farming your own members is just a side product BS!

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

May 27th 2010, 15:31:50

Originally posted by ZEN:

Oh wait.....

the judge and jury were involved.... you're just in the peanut gallery so you didn't notice! :p
although it was more of a committee than a judge... or a jury :p

Twas but Jokes, Davey me boy. You know....because you are like the founder.

Ha ha?

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

May 27th 2010, 15:32:49

just keep demanding beers from him until he caves:P
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 27th 2010, 15:36:11

I know it was a joke... mine was a joke too?

ha ha?
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

May 27th 2010, 15:47:20

I know it was a joke... mine was a joke too?

ha ha?

I think I might have clarified for the other drones. Not yourself really.

Makeout?

Ha ha?

jakeb Game profile

May 27th 2010, 18:36:24

I was wondering if that was it - good i like that policy, in fact we did it in elysiun 2 times ourself. You have to do what you have to do to stay alive.
good for you NEO keep truckin'

personally, i don't like the policy, but w/e. you keep truckin' too Ely, can't let these 1a clans die out.
ICQ - 562899104

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

May 27th 2010, 20:23:47

ho ho!
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )