Verified:

Zahc Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 5:43:36

it really sucks only being able to get in 1-2 hits per kill run because the game is lagging so bad that when the first hit goes through the country is already dead. I got to do 10-20 hits for the FS because of it and im sure their were a few more like me. Is this ever going to get fixed or should we all convert to treehugging?
llort orp s`fos

Theseus Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 6:52:57

Some people can easily get 5-10 hits off in one second according to the news. I think I have a pretty solid internet connection but I can't touch those numbers. That doesn't mean that the game is lagging, it just means that others can hit faster than I can. It sucks because I end up in the same situation you are in and with the same frustrations of not getting in hits, but that isn't the game's fault.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Mar 7th 2011, 7:01:20

when you have 10 -20 hitting at once these things happen
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Tinysub[SYN] Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 9:57:20

im averaging between 6-9 hits a second. Its really not that hard

Evolution Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 10:55:50

Lag has solved the FS power issue??
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

Drow Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 11:01:04

there are tricks to hit faster, and your own net connection can affect it too.

Paradigm President of failed speeling

Evolution Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 12:39:32

I think I found depending on browser, server fast, connection slow, is good for fast hits.

connection fast, server slow, can make more lag because theres more reloading with nothing happening.
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

Ivan Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 13:48:12

Well since the last 6 people posting doesnt know what chaz is talking about ill summarise it for you and feel free to confirm with QZ

In the FS, and a few chats after that the repeated requests has been so hard on the bandwith that the entire game basically locks itself ie "lag"

Pang is working on recoding the war page so less bandwidth is used in the future

Trife Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 14:00:13

I suggest upgrading your 28.8 modem, Zahc.

mystic (lcn)

Mar 7th 2011, 14:02:21

i started this game on a modem...jeez

joe2 Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 14:42:12

Originally posted by Ivan:

Well since the last 6 people posting doesnt know what chaz is talking about ill summarise it for you and feel free to confirm with QZ

In the FS, and a few chats after that the repeated requests has been so hard on the bandwith that the entire game basically locks itself ie "lag"

Pang is working on recoding the war page so less bandwidth is used in the future

Doesnt just affect the FS when I logged in to wall you guys last night I couldnt get to the cash page lol, nice kill :D

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Mar 7th 2011, 22:58:53

I am going to repeat what I said on ffa:

All I see if fluffing biznitching. ALL THE TIME. You all should be grateful about the fact they recreated this game, with their own funds at one time to keep this game alive for us all.
Come on and have patience and be a little appreciative. This is a free game. If you paid to play this game and pay monthly you would have the right to biznitch.....

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Loafer Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 23:04:12

Pang knows we are grateful. But there must be a place to vent if you're frustrated.

Evolution Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 23:07:38

Originally posted by Loafer:
Pang knows we are grateful. But there must be a place to vent if you're frustrated.

You can't really assume they know. Look at Mehul, he just gave up and let the game rot because he thought people were ungrateful.

Goofy Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 23:41:05

I still say qz has to quit the pr0n downloading.

CKHustler

Mar 8th 2011, 0:18:13

Id say that the lagging has more of an effect on the wallers. I was in the same position as joe...got online in time to stop the initial assault. Then the game lagged so much during their second rush i couldn't even move, I finally got to the cash page and tried running 20 turns only to see that i was dead already. So, hitting it refreshes and even with the lag i was getting plenty of hits in as you don't really load each page, but just send. It probably lags with the backup and queues it through, sending those hits, while a waller has to load each page. So, the hitters should be happy lol.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 8th 2011, 5:42:35

yea, like 99% of the time this isn't a problem at all, but when we have the HUGE alliance chats or HUGE FFA chats with dozens of people on and hitting at the same time, the we can temporarily exceed the upload limit on my connection; especially since copies of every news attack are sent to between 150 and 210 people on IRC at the same time...

We're working on a few tricks to fix that, as well as we're probably going to add some IRC servers into the mix to spread the bandwidth around a bit...
Finally did the signature thing.

Link Game profile

Mar 8th 2011, 5:54:40

its been slow on ffa too :P
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 8th 2011, 8:06:09

ya i mentioned that heh

Loafer Game profile

Mar 8th 2011, 8:12:49

Originally posted by Evolution:
Originally posted by Loafer:

You can't really assume they know. Look at Mehul, he just gave up and let the game rot because he thought people were ungrateful.

I've told pang personally, repeatedly that I and my peers appreciate the work they are doing. So has Zahc.

morwen Game profile

Mar 8th 2011, 9:28:00

+1 for the game, but it's frustrating when you die because there are 50 people smashing the attack button on you, and all you can do is cash and pray the turns get processed (basically it's 1 vs 50 and you are all in while the rest just bets a penny).

It's just no fun for eager wallers to die like that. Hope you guys don't take it personally when some of us need to vent a little.

I'm all good despite not getting my 1k defs, I'm accepting FA from the devs as compensation tho... =p

Marshal Game profile

Mar 8th 2011, 21:54:09

all devs except pang are restarts too. :P
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

joe2 Game profile

Mar 9th 2011, 1:01:49

if everyone wants to send pang and qz a dollar a month then they can afford a better connection

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 9th 2011, 1:14:49

slag isn't in evo tho... i don't think he's a restart either