Verified:

Philippines Azkals Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 14:16:19

youre deadd!!!!!

Apr 11th 2011, 14:58:54

Tell me why?

I did 1 land grab per country. On top of that, all the countries I hit had 0 defense. It's not as if i targetted anyone in particular. I went down te list of countries and if I broke i broke, if i didn't i had slaughter.

Notorious Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 15:07:04

herp derp herp derp derp
*eats a banana*
Notebook Pusher

Kingme Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 15:29:47

#119 is obviously not a new player.

It was actually a pretty clever move...

Rockman Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 15:46:34

Originally posted by 119:
Tell me why?

I did 1 land grab per country. On top of that, all the countries I hit had 0 defense. It's not as if i targetted anyone in particular. I went down te list of countries and if I broke i broke, if i didn't i had slaughter.

You did only 1 hit per country, but you hit numerous alliances multiple times each. This is an alliance server, so hitting an alliance 5 times is no different than hitting the same country 5 times.

Ozzite Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 15:55:21

Because fluff you
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

Apr 11th 2011, 15:58:05

Originally posted by Kingme:
#119 is obviously not a new player.

It was actually a pretty clever move...

omg, this game still attract new players?!

Apr 11th 2011, 16:00:30

Originally posted by Rockman:
Tell me why?

You did only 1 hit per country, but you hit numerous alliances multiple times each. This is an alliance server, so hitting an alliance 5 times is no different than hitting the same country 5 times.

we keep hearing the same old *^%$ explanation. from the way he grabs, he knows what he's doing.

Dukey Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 16:02:33

lol

Apr 11th 2011, 16:06:52

And we hear the same explanation for farming untags. Its an alliance server, so either join up or get farmed. Yet, even as the numbers continue to dwindle in Alliance people continue to repeat their policies as if they should be in place.

My policy: 1 hit per country per 48 hours.

Rockman Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 16:14:39

And we hear the same explanation for farming untags. Its an alliance server, so either join up or get farmed. Yet, even as the numbers continue to dwindle in Alliance people continue to repeat their policies as if they should be in place.

My policy: 1 hit per country per 48 hours.

You have your right to your policy, but you cannot expect to enforce the policy if you do not join an alliance. If you fully expect to be killed, then you can use whatever policy you want knowing you'll get killed for it.

If you want to have a policy that other alliances will respect, then you need to have the ability to enforce that policy.

Untaggeds can only enforce their own policies regarding their own actions, they have no ability to force other alliances to change their policies towards untaggeds, except in making it unprofitable for that alliance to maintain that policy.

If you make it so that alliances find it unprofitable to retain their current policy and more profitable to alter their policy, then you will succeed. Your best bet is to actually be reasonable in what you expect alliances to allow, such as 1 hit per alliance per 48 hours, not 1 hit per country per 48 hours.

If you make it clear that you will suicide anyone that kills you for your policy, then they may alter their policy if yours is reasonable. However, since your policy is extremely unreasonable, even the threat of suiciding with your restart will not be sufficient to cause any alliance to change their policy.

Apr 11th 2011, 16:24:05

My policy is reasonable. Get more than 0 defense and then a country does not have to have his or her land taken by a 275 jet SS. As someone said, I grabbed a lot today, but that is not to be expected set long. Eventually people will get defense and make me spend turns spying to grab, and make it unfeasible ot grab countries. Right now there is a lot of unprotected countries. If an alliance wishes to maintain its land, it should make a modicum of effort to ensure that their players have a minimum defense. I'm not a suicider, the tags will get their land back throughout the set as im farmed.

tyug Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 16:26:37

=(!! GRRRrrrr making me actually get def again =.=;; Glad it was just 1 hit... i'm too lazy to break you hope you survive their KR's if they decide to kill you....

Apr 11th 2011, 16:27:52

thanks tyug. Hope you finish well!

Rockman Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 16:39:27

My policy is reasonable. Get more than 0 defense and then a country does not have to have his or her land taken by a 275 jet SS. As someone said, I grabbed a lot today, but that is not to be expected set long. Eventually people will get defense and make me spend turns spying to grab, and make it unfeasible ot grab countries. Right now there is a lot of unprotected countries. If an alliance wishes to maintain its land, it should make a modicum of effort to ensure that their players have a minimum defense. I'm not a suicider, the tags will get their land back throughout the set as im farmed.

You lack defense far more than they do. Defense isn't just the ability to make someone else's attack fail, but also to make it not worth it for them to attack you.

You need to stop pretending that you are not a suicider. You know that your actions will get you killed, and you lack any survival instincts. When you have no survival instincts, then the threat of being killed is no longer a threat. Clearly, for you, the threat of being killed is no longer a threat, meaning you are either a total idiot, or you lack the desire to see your country live for more than a couple of weeks, making you a suicider.

I've played as untagged on the alliance server, and playing as an untagged is suicide. You can suicide with a goal in mind, such as making alliances change their policies towards untaggeds, or get more military early on. Your goal of making them get more military early on is a goal for which you will fail. It would be possible for you to possibly achieve the goal of making alliances change their policies towards untaggeds if you specifically targetted alliances for their policies against untaggeds.

Your goal is to suicide, but to penalize individual players for running very low defense. You may actually be able to make players use slightly more defense in future rounds with your actions this set. However you are delusional to not consider your actions suicide. You may have limited success in your suicide mission, but it is suicide.

Purposeful1 Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 16:42:39

Heh, clever. =) I don't think what he's doing is terribly unreasonable. Seems pretty smart.
Purposeful1

Apr 11th 2011, 16:44:17

I have no mission. I wanted land early on, and I grabbed fairly. As the set progresses, I grab less and start stocking. End of set happens and I jump.

That's the way the game should work. I will get farmed, and that I understand. But killing is not part of the equation. I am not building up a country to kill with. My goal has nothing to do with policies or dying. It is to make top 15.

dustfp Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 16:47:19

yeah, unfortunately I don't see you surviving long, despite your somewhat-reasonable policy, which as Rockman said, you have no real power to enforce
"Its an alliance server, so either join up or get farmed." This is the reality, and it makes perfect sense. If you're not in an alliance, you have little chance of running a successful country. That said, the vast majority of attacks on untaggeds are not personal, and a lot of alliances will happily take in the noobiest of noobs
-fudgepuppy
SancTuarY President
msn:
aim: fudgepuppy6988
http://collab.boxcarhosting.com

Ozzite Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 16:50:00

It is to make top 15.

GL with that one! LOL
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

Reckless Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 16:51:02

This is poetic

Ruthie

Apr 11th 2011, 16:53:56

I have no mission. I wanted land early on, and I grabbed fairly. As the set progresses, I grab less and start stocking. End of set happens and I jump.

That's the way the game should work. I will get farmed, and that I understand. But killing is not part of the equation. I am not building up a country to kill with. My goal has nothing to do with policies or dying. It is to make top 15.

You forgot the part about this being an alliance server, and multi-tapping a tag wont allow you to survive too long, and most alliances have a kill policy after 3-4 grabs on their tag. You will never make top 15 that way.

Your style of play is more suited to Primary than to Alliance.
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

Reckless Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 16:57:58

shes so hot smart and sex

Apr 11th 2011, 16:58:10

it would be much more profitable for them to have me around to farm than to kill me.

dustfp Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 17:00:14

it would be much more profitable for them to have me around to farm than to kill me.

Except for those that aren't netting-focused...
-fudgepuppy
SancTuarY President
msn:
aim: fudgepuppy6988
http://collab.boxcarhosting.com

Reckless Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 17:01:31

They will have land grab sex with your country.

Apr 11th 2011, 17:08:46

Originally posted by dustfp:

This set everyone is netting focused. I saw it on AT so it must be true.

Reckless Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 17:21:20

Join an alliance

Apr 11th 2011, 17:27:32

This set everyone is netting focused. [/quote]

there is no such thing in earth where "EVERYONE" is netting focused.

tell that to iMag.

Rockman Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 17:27:53

That is only true if you are not grabbing these alliances. If you grab an alliance multiple times in one day, it is not profitable for them to let you grab them and they farm you back, it is more profitable to just kill you.

I suggest that you grab each ALLIANCE once every 48 hours, not a 1 grab per 24 hours per country. With 1 grab on an alliance every 48 hours, chances are that only SoL or iMag will kill you, rather than any alliance you grab 4+ times in one day being likely to kill you.

hanlong Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 17:36:07

hm
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

NukEvil Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 17:40:06

Yeah, some netting alliances do not like being grabbed multiple times, despite the fact that they may get more land off retals due to ghost acres. The main problem is having to waste time and resources to retal, and they have to deal with elevated expenses afterwards. Kinda like sex, but without the foreplay.

Another problem for you is that when an alliance looks at their defending news, they usually don't see it by country. They see a big sheet, listing all incoming attacks on ALL countries in that alliance. But, you should know that already.

P.S. We spoke earlier via in-game PM. Really, those turrets will do less for you than just selling them off and letting DRs do your protection for you.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

bore Game profile

Patron

Apr 11th 2011, 17:43:16

Originally posted by Philippines Azkals:

there is no such thing in earth where "EVERYONE" is netting focused.

tell that to iMag.

imag is netting too!

anubis0079 Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 17:51:07

Originally posted by dustfp:

This set everyone is netting focused. I saw it on AT so it must be true.

lol such a load of fluff.
war alliances will not tolerate you hitting them long without retaling, and if you hit like you have been, on multiple countries in said alliances, you will be farmed then killed and then invited to learn from them. oh yeah....http://sol.ghqnet.com

better to be in our midst than in our way i would think.

SoLer for Life
"All Hail The Maki!"
Have a heart.....they are really fresh.

iTavi

Apr 11th 2011, 19:36:26

i dont think random grabs should be punished with kills but i can predict you will get killed when all the clans you hit will notice they wont get their land back since you're in heavy DR
~

anubis0079 Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 19:50:58

i think it is more than random grabs resulting in a kill, iTavi. Alliances have retal policies that are made public for a reason. if this were any other server it would be a valid tactic, but not in alliance.

What i don't get is the complaining untags do when they disregard these policies. If they were grabbed by alliances too much they would cry about that, but we should not enforce our policies?

the name of the server IS Alliance after all.

SoLer for Life
"All Hail The Maki!"

spawn Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 19:58:26

too bad that you grabbed the same alliance too often in 48/72h timeframe. like this its suicide, although i like that you no-spy grabbed them with barely any jets :)
/slap iZarcon

All your deleted countries are belong to me!

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 11th 2011, 20:12:24

The other issue is that since you're in DR so much that a lot of alliances won't be able to get their land back, and then a lot of alliances will look at the loss of land and think it is more beneficial to just kill you off.

I'd say good luck, but I really wouldn't mean it. I have nothing against you, but nothing for you either.

bore Game profile

Patron

Apr 11th 2011, 20:16:01

lmao, you hit sof 18 times. sure, only one hit per country per 48 hours, but somehow i doubt sof will let you get away with that.

Scorba Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 20:18:42

there's always someone that wants to try pushing things

Apr 11th 2011, 20:38:51

hmm.. that is quite a lot of hits on sof. I didn't look at tags.. was just typing in numbers. Perhaps I'll sacrafice my top 15 finish and FA a sof'er in need.

Apr 11th 2011, 20:52:13

Originally posted by NukEvil:

P.S. We spoke earlier via in-game PM. Really, those turrets will do less for you than just selling them off and letting DRs do your protection for you.

I think alliances would like to take some of their land back... if I drop defense, then any newb could grab and keep me in DR. When I'm out of DR, then they can get some of their land back with less turns needed. I'm not unreasonable--and most people who play this game are not unreasonable.

PraetorNLS Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 20:57:10

oh oh, Dragon has noticed your country :X
Praetor - disqualified from the human race for being three laps ahead in the second round.

Jiman Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 21:00:59

Oooooo

locket Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 21:09:26

I hope he was joking when he said top 15 :P

Apr 11th 2011, 21:11:06

What NW would make top 15? I was guessing around 115m?

hanlong Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 21:18:27

last reset $141,827,276 was the cutoff, but a lot of netters were in war

the reset before that $173,957,370, this reset most netters were not in war

the reset before that $150,800,787, some netters were in war.

i'm assuming 150M+ to be safe.

good luck! ;P
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Rockman Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 21:18:49

What NW would make top 15? I was guessing around 115m?

http://alliance.www.earthempires.com/topplayers?round=8

142m

http://alliance.www.earthempires.com/topplayers?round=7

174m

http://alliance.www.earthempires.com/topplayers?round=6

151m

Why make a guess when there previous sets scores are easily available? And nope, you're not getting 115m as an untagged, especially if you hit SoF a dozen times and make them kill you and have to restart.

You should meet Paulie. He's right at your intelligence level.

Apr 11th 2011, 22:10:50

Hmm.. Kudos to #119!

it seems no one wants to kill you now as everyone is thinking that "hey, he pissed other clans as well so let them kill him. it's just a waste if we kill him."

nice way of landgrabbing almost all clans here. bravo!

Evolution Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 23:25:02

I have a proposal for Mr 119.

If your country is still alive, I propose that if you stop hitting countries in the SOLdiers tag, I will FA you turrets.

Support the neutrals.

if you wish to accept send me a private message.
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

anubis0079 Game profile

Apr 12th 2011, 0:50:37

yeah cause if you hit me i will lobby for a KR on your butt b/c i hate getting hit by untagged countries in Alliance server, i get enough of that fluff in express ;)

SoLer for Life
"All Hail The Maki!"