Verified:

Vic Rattlehead Game profile

Jun 19th 2011, 12:38:18

Why does SOF get a pass for forcing netters to war them? A few sets back they told us "FS us by x or we will FS you." We wanted to net and were outnumbered. Last set they forced the issue on the ECM war by telling everyone "it could be you if something isn't worked out!" How is this behavior any better than what SOL has done over the last year?
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

Jun 19th 2011, 12:39:27

Question 2: if they will hit as soon as a negotiated multi-set NAP expires, is the ECM crew ready to go back to war with SOF in a few more sets?
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

Flamey Game profile

Jun 19th 2011, 12:46:07

3) How does a Real Estate company sell its office without causing confusion?

BattleKJ Game profile

Jun 19th 2011, 12:59:42

From my perspective as just a member of Evo, I can tell you I hold SoF in a slightly higher regard as they asked us if we wanted to war them first. I understand with others they havent and perhaps in sets to come they will not ask us again. But at that moment a few sets ago, I think they realised the only way they will get a war that will challenge them from us netters was to ask us for it. It resulted in a war that we all enjoyed.

I think its fair to say too that SoF are friendly with more alliances, everyone knows they have shared pacts with certain netting alliances (that have very rarely helped them over the years) for a long time. I can only speculate that this is so that they never alienate themselves and create a situation like whats happening to SOL where the netting alliances have teamed up on them.

So really, you could just say that SoF are slightly more diplomatic than SOL (and this shows in SoFs evolving policies, that suit both themselves and netting alliances too).

Shinigami Game profile

Jun 19th 2011, 13:31:27

From an outsiders perspective? SoF members (mostly) don't go making asses of themselves publicly.

FutureGhost Game profile

Jun 19th 2011, 13:47:28

SoF can be overly arrogant at times, but they war to war, they look for challenges. SoL is only able to win early set wars and against netgainers or someone with severely less members.

Look at the threats that SoL has posted on this board? Telling LaF and LCN that they will pay for this when SoL has blindsided both of them in the past and tried to isolate them through threats from their friends. All but telling MD that if they stick around they will suffer the same fate. I am sorry but SoL is bad for the game.

When SoF has lost it hasn't made excuses. SoF generally tells it upfront that there will be war, not hiding it or trying to blindside netters. SoL was going to FS next week on LaF and likely to drag LCN in too.

Murf Game profile

Jun 19th 2011, 13:54:19

:)

ECM was 2 sets ago, last set we killed RD, this set we're killing NA, next set who knows what we will do

Helmet Game profile

Jun 19th 2011, 14:03:35

For the record, hitting you guys wasn't something we took lightly and there was a lot of debate. If you hadn't chosen the FDP's that you did we wouldn't have hit you. I felt bad before the attacks and argued quite a bit that we might be making a mistake. After we discussed everything, including taking in to account the wishes our of friends, it was decided that we needed to hit you.

Also, I would bet that you would have come in this war anyways, so all we did is beat you to the punch.

This certainly wasn't just about us getting our fluffs and giggles.

Reckless Game profile

Jun 19th 2011, 15:32:34

The most we did was go on alert when our allies went to war. That's as far was we went. We planned on netting since mid-reset last set.

I don't disagree with your plan to hit. Makes sense if you are looking at it from your view point. However, if you are being told we wont hit, do not have plans to hit, clearly are not built to hit..how is that beating us to the punch?

I look forward to hitting everyone =)

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jun 19th 2011, 16:43:48

wow@this thread.
Praise for sof from someone in EVO.
my brain can't handle that :P
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Jun 19th 2011, 23:50:41

Helmet...

Everyone we were pacted with was clear that we were netting, and prepared to police any actions. I was pretty blunt with you when we talked. We were never going to hit anyone this set.

I remember from our history together how you react to people who lie to your face. Since I don't want to have eternal war with SOF, I wouldn't lie to your face.

Anyway, you guys killed me in 1 minute 51 seconds earlier. At least give me long enough to click on my bookmarks next time, ok?
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

Junky Game profile

Jun 20th 2011, 0:01:17

for the record what were the FDP's that they shouldn't have had? a fpd with SOL?
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

Junky Game profile

Jun 20th 2011, 22:32:58

answer?
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 20th 2011, 22:41:14

Not only somebody in Evo, but KJ!

But yea, SoF actually asking us for a war was something we definitely appreciated...
Finally did the signature thing.

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 20th 2011, 23:01:42

IN the case of Monsters,

SOF have always treated us right, and well we looked for the ECM war, and looked for allies to join in it. We were very proactive to make that war happen as we raelize it had been years since we truly fought in an organized way and needed to learn where we were.

For Monsters (and again this is Monsters only) SOL on the EE server has been a mixed bag. The first 4-5 resets of the EE server, SOL blatantly grabbed us more than any other allaince, or when pacted had members break the pact. 4 straight resets we had a situation with SOL. Sigh. Finally it go so bad, a Monster suicided on a SOler, and we had to boot that member.

Then Praetor stepped back a bit, Makinso stepped up more, and while it hasn't been 100% smooth, with Makindos taking the intiative, it as been much better. At the same time I don't pretend to understand their actions across the rest of the server and have had several convo's with friends stating, some of the moves could have longterm consequences.

I also want to agree with the observation, that SOF truly has some skilled netters and an overall ability to build top notch mid-late reset warring countries in addition to early ones. SOL is more limited in these aspects, and must attack by week 3 or its wakeness begin to Magnify.

Now, don't get me wrong. SOL is a top 3 alliance. And in today's EE era, we've never had such a strong top 4 allainces (Evo being the 4th) and that is good, and an important part of the health of the server.
Z is #1

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Jun 20th 2011, 23:03:54

hehe. my ears are burning. meh, maybe i drank too much booze.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

hanlong Game profile

Jun 20th 2011, 23:03:55

well said Servant
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Jun 21st 2011, 1:48:20

Originally posted by Junky:
for the record what were the FDP's that they shouldn't have had? a fpd with SOL?

Junky, I have heard about 5000x since we got FSd that we shouldn't DP warring alliances if we don't want to war.

For those of you who don't like to think, ALL NETTING ALLIANCES DP WARRING ALLIANCES. If, say, SOF FSd us, would we be better off being able to call in, say, LaF, or SOL?
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

Drinks Game profile

Jun 21st 2011, 6:45:26

At iScode
Never thought id see you make a statement on the side of NA :P
I now like you 5x more than before lol
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

Lucan Game profile

Jun 21st 2011, 7:26:59

Scode hate me..... :(

iTavi

Jun 21st 2011, 11:04:59

Scode! your Suni is broken! (aka spellchecker)
i can't understand much from what you said...
~