Verified:

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 19th 2010, 22:22:13

PDM made the post, we just retalled.... contact PDM for any and all reps.

I assume they will agree to pay you less than what you feel you lost, then they'll joke about canceling the reps, then they actually will.

So best of luck to you with that!!
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires' Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

snawdog Game profile

May 19th 2010, 22:23:30

@ Pang, have you edited out my country # and break posted here by a Laf member?
Thanks.
ICQ 364553524
msn

mrford Game profile

May 19th 2010, 22:23:30

This is not a na matter, I am discussing personal hardship reps, which I outlined in detail in my first post on this thread. If you would like to discuss na pdm reps we can take care of that in another thread, just let me get a fire going so I can blow some fresh smoke up your ass during the negotiaions
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 19th 2010, 22:25:20

Originally posted by snawdog:
Thanks.

which post is it on?

the break info certainly needs to be removed.
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

TAN Game profile

May 19th 2010, 22:26:20

Originally posted by H4xOr WaNgEr:
But LaF hasn't went above what is owed, you still owe land.

The distribution of the land isn't your decision, its the decision of the defending countries.

If we want to give all the acres to just 1 or 2 countries, thats our choice. If we want all our countries to PS (and some countries don't get to hit because the reps are all done before they got their turn), once again that is LaF's choice.

Also, are you seriously going to try to argue that PS isn't the standard attack type of retals/reps now?

LaF is the ONLY clan I've ever dealt with that absolutely refuses to use SS. How many clans have I dealt with in my Earth career? Just about all of them since 2004.

I would be more interested in you making the case that it IS standard practice to attack with PS only (aside from LaF, that is)!

And you're right about distributing land how you see fit...but that was not what was agreed. I asked for a list of who is owed what, and I was given that list. There was nothing said about specific countries getting more land than they owed.

Just read the entire thread. This has already been discussed I think.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

snawdog Game profile

May 19th 2010, 22:28:09

Originally posted by Pangaea:
Originally posted by snawdog:
Thanks.

which post is it on?

the break info certainly needs to be removed.

Page #2
Thanks
ICQ 364553524
msn

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 19th 2010, 22:32:37

that doesn't help...

can you quote the post so i can find it, then i'll delete it + the quote + our convo about this?
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 19th 2010, 22:35:08

I'm quite certain LaF isn't the only one that says that reps/retals are done in PS.

if people are willing to use SS retals thats up to them, there is nothing saying you can't. However it has always been the case that people have the right to use a PS strike for such a purpose, even if PS returns more.

And I didn't realize that giving a list of countries and acres lost was an implied/tacit indication that it is how the distribution is going to work out? Isn't that just for a record of how much is owed? heh

I mean such exchanges of country #'s and info occurs with pretty much every reps case, this is the first time I've ever heard anyone try to make a claim such as this (and I've been doing FA work for LaF since 2000).

At the end of the day LaF lost hundreds of millions (if not billions) of dollars worth of bushel stockpile in the suicides that we did not ask to be compensated for. Overall we were definitely losing out on this deal, and were more than willing to accept/already wrote off that net loss.

I don't see how pissing on the deal, which was already a very good deal for PDM, is a wise decision.

locket Game profile

May 19th 2010, 22:41:12

#1 Pdm countries are already hosed for this set so in all reality why are you whining Tan?
#2 I am not good enough to calculate how many acres I would get and neither are most of the players in this game I would assume, so the fact that I got far less then what I am owed in my first hit and others got more is not exactly like they are planning to get way more then owed.

snawdog Game profile

May 19th 2010, 22:44:04

Originally posted by locket:
whine whine whine snawdog :)

@ Pang
eh Thanks?
for
deleting
that
info
ICQ 364553524
msn

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 19th 2010, 22:44:04

Originally posted by Earth Watcher:
I can be forum moderator now, if I do it?

no, but do it anyways please!
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

TAN Game profile

May 19th 2010, 22:45:16

Originally posted by H4xOr WaNgEr:
I'm quite certain LaF isn't the only one that says that reps/retals are done in PS.

if people are willing to use SS retals thats up to them, there is nothing saying you can't. However it has always been the case that people have the right to use a PS strike for such a purpose, even if PS returns more.

And I didn't realize that giving a list of countries and acres lost was an implied/tacit indication that it is how the distribution is going to work out? Isn't that just for a record of how much is owed? heh

I mean such exchanges of country #'s and info occurs with pretty much every reps case, this is the first time I've ever heard anyone try to make a claim such as this (and I've been doing FA work for LaF since 2000).

At the end of the day LaF lost hundreds of millions (if not billions) of dollars worth of bushel stockpile in the suicides that we did not ask to be compensated for. Overall we were definitely losing out on this deal, and were more than willing to accept/already wrote off that net loss.

I don't see how pissing on the deal, which was already a very good deal for PDM, is a wise decision.

I lurv the spin. You make it seem like you did us a favor by not asking an unpacted clan to go by your pacted suicider clauses.

lololololol
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Forum Moderator

May 19th 2010, 22:47:52

errr, we are talking bushels lost here, not lost production/stockpile generation, which is the "controversial" part of our pact clauses.

How are lost bushels not to be compensated?

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 19th 2010, 22:47:54

or it just makes PDM a douchey clan for only being willing to pay for a fraction of what their member destroyed?

not to mention the cost of killing it?

you're trying to make it sound like we're being fluffs for asking for what was destroyed.... if you don't feel like we should be compensated for what your member destroyed you are basically taking the side of the suicider.

Edited By: Pangaea on May 19th 2010, 22:50:33
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

TAN Game profile

May 19th 2010, 22:50:14

H4, are you kidding me?

I did offer to replace lost stockpile and military. Ask Parallax.

Just not for the new batch, except for #4, who got hit hardest out of the new bunch.

The first batch that was hit is getting stock + military in reps along with their land.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 19th 2010, 22:50:58

wait, you won't pay for the 2nd batch of hits your member made????

even though he was in your tag 12 hrs before???

this is news to me.

Edited By: Pangaea on May 19th 2010, 22:51:16
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

Forum Moderator

May 19th 2010, 22:59:52

Isn't that what I said 2 posts ago? That we let the stockpile lost go?

Edited By: H4xOr WaNgEr on May 19th 2010, 23:02:04

TAN Game profile

May 19th 2010, 23:03:11

FREEEEEDOM!!!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 19th 2010, 23:04:40

TAN don't respond to pang! Let's just get our tanks ready! BTW no way you get 'oppertunity cost' you calculating snake! What's the 'oppertunity cost of me wasting my time playing your game? Maybe I should turn my addblock back on!

TAN Game profile

May 19th 2010, 23:06:45

Req, no personal insults please.

I've been guilty of posting personal responses too, and I regret it. So please edit the post.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

locket Game profile

May 19th 2010, 23:10:35

isn't there a PDM AT ban anyways? DISCIPLINE!

TAN Game profile

May 19th 2010, 23:11:50

yeah locket you're right, there is.

*goes to top the thread to remind everyone including himself*
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Dragonlance Game profile

May 19th 2010, 23:11:54

banning m,embers from AT is bad for the community i feel.

I think TAN should have to pay reps to the EE community for banning PDMers from AT

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 19th 2010, 23:13:23

i already saw it...

sad that more PDM'ers are trying to bring this thread back to an admin-focused context....

opportunity cost is able to be calculated.... that's what corporations do when they make any decisions involving money... and LaF is currently run by economists :p

it's easy to calculate... here's a quick example:
I spent about 70 turns killing this guy
if I had spent those turns exploring instead, which I would have, I would have spent 5 selling bushels, and 65 exploring. I'm at 5a per turn, so that's 825a that I could have gained with those turns instead.

That is just one example, but it is easy to calculate :p
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

Drow Game profile

May 19th 2010, 23:26:50

so what you are saying pang, is that it's alright for an LaF member to take 4x what he lost in the first place as 'far reps'?
despite the fact that it's also 4x what was agreed on?

it is not reasonable to justify taking FAR more than what was agreed on between FA's as being fair reps, in any way shape or form by claiming "oh we're already losing out".

the agreement was also, to my knowledge at any rate, that any members who felt they were going to go well over 100% l:l as occurred in these cases were to be compensated with cash/military reps instead.

Edited By: Drow on May 19th 2010, 23:34:00

Retired Earth type.

TAN Game profile

May 19th 2010, 23:29:24

shhhhhh.

AT ban is back in place.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

SolidSnake Game profile

May 19th 2010, 23:36:14

Wow, i dunno how you guys put up with this, pdm should of just been farmed oop every set off principle, for having someone some inept as their leader.

locket Game profile

May 19th 2010, 23:38:39

The one guy i know that took more is a noob. He sure has never appeared to have the knowledge of laf's elite. So perhaps you should keep that in consideration when he does a PS. I doubt he knew what he would take.

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 19th 2010, 23:42:13

mmm drow... it's total land as an alliance, I believe that was what was agreed to?

we're not going to take back more than the total amount agreed to.... like h4 said, we can't really control the returns too well, it's the game mechanics. We're not trying to take more than we've agreed to as a whole alliance.... please don't insinuate we aren't, we're working by the agreed terms. Some members will just defer their reps or allow others to take the reps if we feel it will be better used internally. It's simply an accounting matter.
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

TAN Game profile

May 19th 2010, 23:48:02

nevermind.

Edited By: TAN on May 19th 2010, 23:54:23
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Chewi Game profile

May 19th 2010, 23:54:29

Originally posted by TAN:
Must...not...break....ban...

arrrrghhhhh!

Originally posted by SolidSnake:
Wow, i dunno how you guys put up with this, pdm should of just been farmed oop every set off principle, for having someone some inept as their leader.

This is rich coming from the person who is widely hailed as the worst Don LaF has ever had (and this coming from LaFers I've spoken to).

He isn't the worst =P

TAN Game profile

May 19th 2010, 23:55:23

argghghhhhh

i JUST edited my comment out.

jerk!
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 19th 2010, 23:56:07

nah man, I would not at all say that SS was the worst don in LaF history...

he was Don at one of the most difficult times in LaF's history and the way LaF is thriving today is a direct result of his leadership, along with a lot of other great folks who are currently leading. But he did spearhead leadership very directly through his whole time as Don.

I would say that he's the GWB of LaF.... if you agreed with his policies, you thought he was great.... if you didn't, you thought he was horrible, but considering the political situation at the time, that kind of leadership was probably good for us in retrospect. He did a lot of positive things for LaF, and it's good to get a more hawkish leader into leadership every once in a while.
The second half of SS's time as Don, after the evo/pdm wars were done and we were able to put some netting in, was really good and positioned LaF well for moving into EE.

Edited By: Pangaea on May 19th 2010, 23:57:45
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

TAN Game profile

May 19th 2010, 23:58:11

ah, i see.

well from what i was hearing around his first half (shortly before the PDM war and during it), he wasn't so popular, and actually i was told by an LaFer (can't remember who) that he was the worst Don LaF had.

since i have not dealt with all the Dons in LaF, i can't really make that judgment call that he was the worst, but that is what i heard by someone in LaF.

i guess that fits in with what you're saying -- love him or hate him.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 20th 2010, 0:14:46

TAN is the worst TAN PDM has ever had.

braden Game profile

May 20th 2010, 0:22:17

slagpit is a racist

TAN Game profile

May 20th 2010, 0:23:15

Slagpit is a closet m0m0.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Dragonlance Game profile

May 20th 2010, 0:24:03

braden likes baseball

cypress Game profile

May 20th 2010, 0:40:54

my m0m0 powers detected the word m0m0 being used..

we would like reps for using the name m0m0 in an unauthorized manner...

tq, come again!

cypress Game profile

May 20th 2010, 0:42:35

i already saw it...

it's easy to calculate... here's a quick example:
I spent about 70 turns killing this guy
if I had spent those turns exploring instead, which I would have, I would have spent 5 selling bushels, and 65 exploring. I'm at 5a per turn, so that's 825a that I could have gained with those turns instead.

That is just one example, but it is easy to calculate :p

is my calculator broken???

65 * 5 = 325....confirm/deny?!

cypress Game profile

May 20th 2010, 0:43:49

i only quoted it just incase he went back to edit it..

he's sneaky like that! :P

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 20th 2010, 0:54:27

ya, must have hit something weird in my calculator..... this is why I write software and not do math anymore :p
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

locket Game profile

May 20th 2010, 1:09:30

I'm gonna ask pang to edit code in my country... ill end up with 3 times the acres :)

cypress Game profile

May 20th 2010, 1:15:35

It's 2.5384615 times more

locket Game profile

May 20th 2010, 1:25:32

maybe I should help him too. Ill get .5726495 extra! :P

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 20th 2010, 2:14:46

go back the laf site and work on the math problems I posted last night!

Edited By: Pangaea on May 20th 2010, 2:15:10
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

cypress Game profile

May 20th 2010, 2:17:51

I work wonders with my trusty calculator, now gimme access!! :P

mrford Game profile

May 20th 2010, 2:32:20

Status on my reps?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

SolidSnake Game profile

May 20th 2010, 2:34:18

Whether people think i was the worst don ever or not really isnt my concern, we warred alot, and i pissed off alot of people, so what meh, fact is when i retired laf had gained members and was the single strongest alliance on the server, and still is meh, war or netgain.

Edited By: SolidSnake on May 20th 2010, 2:36:11

Sir Balin Game profile

May 20th 2010, 2:34:40

nah man, I would not at all say that SS was the worst don in LaF history...

he was Don at one of the most difficult times in LaF's history and the way LaF is thriving today is a direct result of his leadership, along with a lot of other great folks who are currently leading.

i can respect that. SS always struck me as more or less a masturbating jackass, but understanding clan dymanics i know that can be a necessity. laf is a strong, long-lasting clan with a respectable history. granted, i would love nothing more than for PDM's legacy to be "we went out pissing on laf's ridiculous culture of smug jackassery," but it's all a game, right? a game i've played for more or less a decade, so every time i call out the losers who still play, i call out myself.

viva SS! viva TAN! viva PAngaea! NOW3P can suck himself off!

/drunk