Verified:

5hade Game profile

May 5th 2018, 22:59:04

You have gotten lazy. Your cute pudgy plumpness has morphed into a horridly obese, fatberg inducing, sweaty and slovenly carcass. Spittle runs down your grotesque chins as you gorge yourselves until distended, the only thing that's important is how efficiently you can consume more and more and more.

Looking around theres a range of fatness, ranging from obese fascists reminiscent of Kim Jong and Donald, through to corpulent tyrant slobs who more closely resemble Jabba.

The Lean Crossfit Nations declare war on fat. Fat will be captured and destroyed. What will remain will be 6-pack abs, buns of steel and biceps you can take to the shooting range.

TLDR: Large countries with low NW/land ratio are being trimmed of some land.

DruncK Game profile

May 5th 2018, 23:05:52

Nice, I dig it

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

May 6th 2018, 0:27:00

best DoW of 2018 !
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

Ivan Game profile

May 6th 2018, 6:36:29

Just what this game needs another dumbass player living in his moms basement scaring off other players

GG man, you should be proud

Buch Game profile

May 6th 2018, 14:35:50

Protect your fluff Ivan

Ivan Game profile

May 6th 2018, 14:42:43

my fluff is fine

Buch Game profile

May 6th 2018, 14:43:46

Whats you number I'll check for you

Buch Game profile

May 6th 2018, 14:46:01

Don't seem well protected

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 6th 2018, 15:12:54

Are you posting info that could on these boards that you got from a spy op? Glass houses m8...

The_Hawk

May 6th 2018, 15:16:57

How so?
He just stated that it doesn't seem well protected.

That doesn't tell me his ss break or ab break.

Heck if you can gather that info from what Buch said, more power to you.

https://ibb.co/BTF4KkJ
Dev encouraging it

Suicidal Game profile

May 6th 2018, 15:20:31

Buch reigns supreme

Vic Game profile

May 6th 2018, 16:18:54

Poor Redneck :/

This has been discussed by intelligent parties already.

Whether one has 100k turrets or 5 million turrets... it takes the same zero skills to break it.

Yawn.

Havoc Game profile

May 6th 2018, 16:24:20

This guy out here tryin' to be a Batman villain. Every couple sets there's a suicider like you and nothing changes. It's been said again and again, that netters are always going to be at the disadvantage because there's really no way to truly protect your land etc and still be competitive, because anyone who knows what they're doing - if they really want to - can always buy up and hit you in some manner in a one-off attack that can ruin your set, even if you're running on 10m turrets. And those guys running less D are gonna get better grab gains, and have less expenses so it's a lose-lose.

" the only thing that's important is how efficiently you can consume more and more and more. "
Yeah that's kind of how netting works now? Are we supposed to go back to all-x? That was really making the game explode.

Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

DruncK Game profile

May 6th 2018, 16:27:43

Just get your D up... Doesn't have to be crazy strong but as long as there is someone out there with a way easier break u be fine

5hade Game profile

May 7th 2018, 9:19:17

Haha you guys are hilarious - it's always nice to come back. Feels comfortable, and I need that sometimes.

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

May 7th 2018, 13:04:17

Originally posted by DruncK:
Just get your D up... Doesn't have to be crazy strong but as long as there is someone out there with a way easier break u be fine

i had 5-10 times more def then most and was still hit. doesnt matter how much defense you carry...
Don of LaF

DruncK Game profile

May 7th 2018, 13:06:59

Well pretty soon bots will start retalling and you'll all be forced to land trade again. But that makes it easier for Robin Hood's to know who the farm ^.^

Riddler Game profile

May 7th 2018, 13:36:14

Originally posted by Havoc:
This guy out here tryin' to be a Batman villain. Every couple sets there's a suicider like you and nothing changes. It's been said again and again, that netters are always going to be at the disadvantage because there's really no way to truly protect your land etc and still be competitive, because anyone who knows what they're doing - if they really want to - can always buy up and hit you in some manner in a one-off attack that can ruin your set, even if you're running on 10m turrets. And those guys running less D are gonna get better grab gains, and have less expenses so it's a lose-lose.

" the only thing that's important is how efficiently you can consume more and more and more. "
Yeah that's kind of how netting works now? Are we supposed to go back to all-x? That was really making the game explode.

Hey, lets not give the Batman Villains a bad name!

Ivan Game profile

May 7th 2018, 15:15:00

5hade indeed we're funny, we'll be even more fun if you keep playing and we find out where

Btw its kinda dissappointing that you talk so much smack and yet cant even suicide properly even buch could have done it better and that says a lot

Ruthie

May 7th 2018, 17:21:46

Well pretty soon bots will start retalling and you'll all be forced to land trade again. But that makes it easier for Robin Hood's to know who the farm ^.^

when that day comes, I am out of here

hell, I don't know that I will last until the end of this reset
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

Symbolic Game profile

May 7th 2018, 23:13:08

We will still love you either way Ruthie.

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

May 7th 2018, 23:45:25

Originally posted by Havoc:
... there's really no way to truly protect your land etc and still be competitive, because anyone who knows what they're doing - if they really want to - can always buy up and hit you in some manner in a one-off attack that can ruin your set, even if you're running on 10m turrets. And those guys running less D are gonna get better grab gains, and have less expenses so it's a lose-lose.

Anyone can buy up enough to break another country therefore, might as well run basically 0 defense to save on expenses to be more competitive?

Risk vs reward, indeed.

Karnage XZ

May 8th 2018, 2:15:55

Originally posted by Ruthie:

He said retal, they never said that the bots would always be successful. Im betting everyone who has a hand in it writing bot code, wants to ensure real players have an advantage.
Do as I say, not as I do.

RandyMD Game profile

May 8th 2018, 23:41:29

I'm an untagged, minding my business. I don't retal one or two hits, but when you go crazy (3 plus) I feel like I need to protect myself lol.
Email:

Stilt42 Game profile

May 9th 2018, 0:23:21

This was and will be my last set. I used to play this game many years ago, took an 8-9 leave from the game, then came back about 2.5 years ago. I play in LaF, I’ve tried to be the best member I can, I try to be the best team player possible, I play the game with respect to all. I’ve never had more than 75,000 acres until this set, again it’s my last set and I wanted to try and end well. I was sitting at 97,000 acres when I was suicided on, losing around 14,000 acres. I’ve debated for 2-3 days whether or not to carry on. What was done to my country, as well as, 6-7-8 other countries was absolute and total nonsense. To be brutally honest it was childish. If I had farmed you (which I don’t even farm bots) then I could understand taking it back plus a lot more. The only offense here is a handful of players simply trying to be best we could be, putting the time/energetic/effort to be the best, only for someone to come along and ruin it.

Redneck

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 9th 2018, 3:26:16

Originally posted by Stilt42:
This was and will be my last set. I used to play this game many years ago, took an 8-9 leave from the game, then came back about 2.5 years ago. I play in LaF, I’ve tried to be the best member I can, I try to be the best team player possible, I play the game with respect to all. I’ve never had more than 75,000 acres until this set, again it’s my last set and I wanted to try and end well. I was sitting at 97,000 acres when I was suicided on, losing around 14,000 acres. I’ve debated for 2-3 days whether or not to carry on. What was done to my country, as well as, 6-7-8 other countries was absolute and total nonsense. To be brutally honest it was childish. If I had farmed you (which I don’t even farm bots) then I could understand taking it back plus a lot more. The only offense here is a handful of players simply trying to be best we could be, putting the time/energetic/effort to be the best, only for someone to come along and ruin it.

Redneck

Come to IRC sometime.

Rokkie Game profile

May 9th 2018, 20:31:49

Originally posted by Requiem:
Come to IRC sometime.

Indeed. Could always use more people on irc.

Also, dont give up.... That's the reason these people do this, to get a reaction. Very sad but it is what it is.

Ruthie

May 9th 2018, 22:04:24

Originally posted by Karnage XZ:
Originally posted by Ruthie:

He said retal, they never said that the bots would always be successful. Im betting everyone who has a hand in it writing bot code, wants to ensure real players have an advantage.

yes he said retal :)

he also said landtrading which i have always hated
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 9th 2018, 22:54:44

You guys/girls are making too big a deal of the retals. All it's gonna do is make sure you cant be all-jetter as bot farmer, since you risk getting 2 ABs, an SS or a BR shoved up sideways if you don't. I do not think, or wish, that it will be really difficult to avoid a retal. The purpose is to make the bots demand oil and the players demand defencive units at all times thus balancing the market a bit better than now. At least I hope thats what QZ thinks.

Land trading is already doable and quite possibly worthwhile but people have better stuff to do than to organize that fluffshow. Seriously tedious. It's not just about hitting each others.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 9th 2018, 23:47:34

I'll never do landtrading

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 10th 2018, 0:02:57

I would, tho only if it was much better, because it takes so much effort.

Zorp Game profile

May 10th 2018, 2:29:11

Which is funny, because most of the naysayers to land trading said it was too easy, any idiot could do it. Now we have something that is easier than that.

DruncK Game profile

May 10th 2018, 3:23:00

Land trading efficiently is not easy with set long DR. It requires a big effort on the alliance's part to pull it off where as farming bots is easy. Both require you to run stupid fluff ass countries. All you have to do to fix the game is not be such pricks when it comes to land grabs especially with the addition of bots and ghost acres.

Make the game interactive again.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 10th 2018, 6:50:14

The game was interactive and your crowd complained on netters for farming players. Then land-trading was created and and netters were still interactive and you complained on netters for grabbing each others. Then bots were created and land-trading was nerfed with C:C DR and ghost units so netters started hitting bots and your crowd keeps complaining on netters because what we do is not interactive. All you do is complain on netters for maximizing NW it seems, whatever form that takes.

It is still 'difficult' enough today that there is a significant difference in the results of the 5th best grabber and the best grabber in the game, and there is still a massive difference between the 5th best grabber and the average grabber and the average grabber and the bad grabbers certainly.

I would like it if there were a few fewer bots, I could argue why by showing math that the DR on many of the bots now and indeed most of the bots later on is in the range where DR does not matter for your returns, thus reducing the complexity in chosing which bot to grab.
You would just say something like "that guy got 350k acres last set; thus grabbing is too easy". Which doesn't really mean anything.

Acreages are just arbitrary numbers, they don't mean anything, what matters is if a player can distinguish himself by obtaining more acres, faster and/or more cheaply than his competition by way of skill and/or effort.

The interactions you are promoting right now are one-sided interactions that take zero skill on the aggressors side and offers no ability for counterplay. How is that good for the game?

Only thing that is certain to me is that if QZ changes the game somehow to make the game more "interactive" the same players will win, and you will find new reasons for why what they are doing pisses you off. #snowflake

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

May 10th 2018, 13:28:50

Originally posted by Gerdler:

Only thing that is certain to me is that if QZ changes the game somehow to make the game more "interactive" the same players will win, and you will find new reasons for why what they are doing pisses you off. ...

^ Not a bad bet, really

archaic Game profile

May 12th 2018, 3:05:13

Originally posted by Gerdler:

Only thing that is certain to me is that if QZ changes the game somehow to make the game more "interactive" the same players will win, and you will find new reasons for why what they are doing pisses you off. #snowflake

I rarely ever post on this server, but this was worth responding to just to pretend to give a +1

At the end of the set the guys that are detail oriented and put out the effort always seem to end up on top, whether it was the old rep cashers, TTR, land trading dicts, or now the oil buyouts. Year after year the smart hard working players always seem to end up in the 1%

Privlage is earned it would seem
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 12th 2018, 3:20:39

Originally posted by archaic:

Privlage is earned it would seem

THANKS OBAMA 🙏

Dissident Game profile

May 14th 2018, 1:23:34

Bonus

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 14th 2018, 2:38:48

Originally posted by Stilt42:

Redneck

This is how I felt a few sets back when I played untagged on the server and LaF killed me for being untagged.....
never even hit LaF, but got farmed by LaF. Thank you for now understanding how I felt ;) "It was absolute and total nonsense and childish."

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 14th 2018, 5:07:27

How many sets back?

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 14th 2018, 15:00:21

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.