Verified:

Kyatoru Game profile

Aug 15th 2010, 21:19:13

Jer Bu
Member Nov 1st, 2001 13:49
Jer Bu's The Art of War

First off I want to make sure you understand 2 “facts” of war in 1A.
1. 1A revolves around war. The best alliances in the game are those that can maintain rank while laying the smack down on their enemy without prejudice.
2. Running a fighter country is harder than a netgainer. Period. If you disagree then you do not know how to run a fighter country.

Fighting war in 1A is as much psychological as it is substantial. Many wars are won simply by destroying not the alliances country but the alliance itself. (For example the old Rock). Propaganda plays a big role, but it should only be attempted by people who know what they are doing. There is nothing worse than seeing some poor sap attempt to post meaningless propaganda against their enemy when they obviously have clue what they are talking about. Propaganda is an art, and it is “win or lose”. No middle ground. It is not about making excuses for losing wars, it is not about un-backed claims of cheating or unfair play, it is much more. Propaganda is about finding your enemies weakness, one that cant be attacked in game, and exploiting it, completely and persistently in the sole attempt of destroying respect for your enemy, and thus killing the morale of your enemies alliance members. That is all. If you have other goals, for instance trying to make your own alliance look better, then your efforts will backfire and will be wasted. Like I said, it is an art so leave it to the experts.

One of the most important aspects of fighting war in 1A is to spot your enemy BEFORE they spot you. Allies are made and treaties are signed every reset based on this very concept. If you know who your enemy is, then you have an opportunity to hurt them, before they hurt you, ala the first strike. The first strike is an advantage that cannot be overlooked as one of thee deciding factors for the victor of a war. There is always much debate about what constitute a good first strike, so let me ad my two cents. A first strike gives you the advantage of preparation. In a first strike there is no excuse for lack of ht count or member participation. 65% percent member participation in the first 4 hours of a first strike should be minimum. If you cannot attain this, then maybe rethink your timing of going to war. The goal for a first strike is to remove the biggest threats within an enemies alliance before they have a chance to do damage to you. 5% of your enemies top countries should be killed no question. When I say top countries I mean 5% of your enemies countries, 90% of which should be of your enemies top 10 countries. Remove the best and morale in the enemy alliance will suffer. But kill count in a first strike is only part of it. It is also of utmost importance to attempt to remove the attack capability of your enemies core members. This needs no real explanation, but missile diffusion, and building loss in countries that will be a future threat are good examples. As for which countries to target for these types of strikes, refer to the next section

Know yourself. Period. Know yourself, and you will know how your enemy can hurt you. If you know how you can be hurt then you can take steps to prevent it from happening. Find out your weaknesses, and then destroy the countries of your enemy whoa re best equipped to attack those weaknesses. This needs no further explanation.

Prepare defensively as well as offensively. Before your first strike allow your top countries the chance to switch to a more defensive nature. When war begins, those top countries are the main targets, and for your first strike they will be the blunt of your attack force. They will break down enemies to the point where your smaller countries can take over. Then they themselves will be killed. So make it as hard as possible for them to die. Don’t go on vacation. A country on Vacation is useless to you. (Although some would say and I may agree that putting 1 country, your top one of course, into vacation is great for demoralizing your enemy later on when they are all in the scores screen gutter) But I digress. Attack effectiveness wins wars. Worry about that and the net worth at the end of the war will take care of itself.

Finally, there is no such thing as a fair war. Loser alliances will complain of member disadvantages during a war. This is an example of wasted propaganda. If you have a 10 to 1 member advantage, AND an opportunity to call in more allies, then do it. Forget about honor, fairness and sportsmanship. Let the losers worry about that afterwards. What people remember from wars are hit counts, and first strikes. So many wars are fought today with allies joining in 1 by one on each side, thus ensuring wasted net worth and attacks for all. That is the dumbest method of war available. This is a political game. Tell your allies who promise to be there when someone joins in to help you attack in the first place. The best first strike you could put together would be a multiple alliance, high activity, coalition style first strike. Coordinate your attacks like so, and you will never lose a war. Period.

Post this on your member boards and take this advice to heart. The new silver server will only prove to make these KEY points even more valid. Be ruthless, unforgiving, and efficient, and you will be victorious.

Bu
Leader of Clan Bu, the most effective fighting force ever assembled.

Jer Bu
Member Nov 1st, 2001 18:03
SNB, I agree with you somewhat. If you are a smaller clan, you best battles are fought int eh mid ranks of the offending alliance. Problem is it is harder to destroy the moral of a mid ranked country than a top ranked one. They have less to lose, and they tend to haunt you when you restart. A mid ranked alliance attacking a high ranked alliance should be done for the sole purpose of solidifying a higher rank, better allies, less landgrabs, and its own polices, all for the next reset. Attack mid ranked countries because it gives you the ability to show kills. Do not attack restarts unles they are a serious threat. A 30 member alliance should be able to take out at least one of the top 10 enemy countries in a first strike. If they cant then they may need to rethink if it is a worthwhile time to attack.
+Kya

Patience Game profile

Aug 17th 2010, 4:42:57

Ahhh, I miss JerBu. *sigh*
I cannot see your signature - so if it's witty, put it in a post instead! :p

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.