Verified:

Locutus Game profile

May 25th 2011, 14:59:53

Is there a list or overview of some kind. Especially the ingame changes that effect strategy. A list would be very very useful, compared to having to find it out ourselves. :P

Detmer Game profile

May 25th 2011, 15:02:53

Income tech caps increased 10%
Demo has max tech bonus again
Ghost acres are back and big
Dict has ghost acre bonus
Mil tech increases private market sell price
Bushel sell price on pm dropped to $29 base
$2B bug is gone (but cash on hand over $2B decays)
Bonus points (by voting up EE) allows you to get ingame bonus (like bonus turns, decreased building costs, greater pm regeneration)

Those are the big ones off the top of my head

Galandy Game profile

May 25th 2011, 15:14:26

free beer and naked pictures of pang upon donating
<[FBI]ZEN> Which is funny...because I am Spanish and Native American mixed....which means I am a Mexican....
<Galandy>move to canada ZEN everyone else does
<[FBI]ZEN> And breed with a Quebecian
<[FBI]ZEN> To make the ultimate snob/migrant worker

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

May 25th 2011, 15:34:25

cheators are actually d3l3t3d.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Locutus Game profile

May 25th 2011, 15:36:04

So business and residential are now capped at 185% for normal govs.

No more 2BL bug is nice, Means you *could* dump your entire stockpile on the market in 1 go, so you could stockpile until the end of the reset and build of public. Taking the bigger cost per networth point for granted. Wonder if that is viable, probably not if everyone does it :P

Bushel sell price on PM dropping is lame! But military tech increases the sell price again? So what was military tech max again? 83%, I think. So 29 base price of bushels rises to ~35 with max military tech for normal gov?

And are people grabbing again, or is all explorer still widely used? I can imagine it still is due to alliance policies. I can also imagine intra alliance farming for the sake of ghost acres.

Locutus Game profile

May 25th 2011, 15:36:28

Very good change martian :P

Philippines Azkals Game profile

May 25th 2011, 15:41:52

Mehul got deleted.

PapaSmurf Game profile

May 25th 2011, 15:52:05

Plus the cheaters countries are made purple, so everyone knows.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 25th 2011, 16:00:41

you can set "standing orders" on the market, so it allows you to effectively market camp without needing to be online all the time

it also removes the effectiveness of market bots or market buyouts (that was the main reason this was made :p)

spy ops automatically upload to hosting sites if you turn the option on on in-game and set your API key in the hosting site

there are game-run IRC news channels for each server

there is a universal login for all servers now

we're all very sleepy
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

diez Game profile

May 25th 2011, 16:25:18

business and residential are now capped at 180% for normal govs.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 25th 2011, 16:34:30

We abuse the admins and mods daily

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Locutus Game profile

May 25th 2011, 16:39:53

Thx for all the information. Do earthquakes and stuff still happen?

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 25th 2011, 16:42:53

Yeah, and worker strikes, and some increased treasuries ..... something with tax too.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Locutus Game profile

May 25th 2011, 16:54:10

Ok, and is a random event also tied to oil still? e.g., an event that only happens if you have oil production?

Locutus Game profile

May 25th 2011, 16:58:59

And also nothing changed to explore rates?

Also in the government overview i see nothing about a bonus for dictatorship i.r.t. ghost acres. I do the the attack gains bonus of the tyranny, which would make it logical it gets more ghost acres.

aponic Game profile

May 25th 2011, 17:24:18

there is a wiki page that has the explore tables. I would suggest you just contact some alliance leaders and ask to have access to their formula boards locutus. easiest way to get 'er done
SOF
Cerevisi

Marshal Game profile

May 25th 2011, 20:56:52

just read wiki and you'll find out most changes.

oil has random event still and bushels too but having 1 building each type doesn't help to avoid eqs.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

diez Game profile

May 25th 2011, 21:39:11

Originally posted by Locutus:
Ok, and is a random event also tied to oil still? e.g., an event that only happens if you have oil production?

there's all sort of production boost/halts now.

PCI boost, PCI cut
food boom, food cut
oil boom, oil cut

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 25th 2011, 21:46:17

http://wiki.earthempires.com/index.php/Gameplay_changes

Lots of changes really... but none that are Earth shattering ;) pardon the pun ;) One of the biggest I still think is the unified account for all servers that is persistent...

Explore rates are the same as the last set of mehul changes (2004? 2006? i can never remember when those happened)... 40A base tho, 48 for rep, dropping to 6 normal, 7 rep by the end

Ghost acres are one of the biggest changes; I always thought that removing ghost acres was what really killed inter-alliance hitting.

Recently we added some fancy AJAX to attack page so attacking in war is retarded-fast (but mainly so you don't have to keep refreshing the attack page, for server load purposes)

SO's of course... that was part server load, part market-transfer & market bot prevention, part distributing demand across the day to smooth those daily peaks & valleys from lack of players in certain timezones

recalling goods was one people wanted; useful for destocking & war, but i mostly use it for when i screw up pricing like 300M bushels at market price =/

2B bug removal - ya basically lets you dump past that, but it's prohibitively expensive to run turns at that level... unless you *know* the bushel price is about to crash and you're still stocking :) then just take the losses hehe

dropped military expenses a bit, increased food eaten a bit...

Lots of fancy FFA and express stuff from Slagpit :) and also massive anti-cheat0r tools from Slag as well ;) I'm glad I didn't have to code those...
Finally did the signature thing.