Verified:

bakku Game profile

Apr 5th 2011, 3:02:44

i think i did pretty well considering this is my first real set in about 7 years. i messed up destocking pretty badly (as i had predicted) and left about 3 days worth of private market buys untouched. also thought the set ended yesterday lol

have to hand it to highrock. despite having double his land, he still finished 13m nw ahead of me

Dukey Game profile

Apr 5th 2011, 4:29:19

<----rank 9
and i believe the only top10 with an all-explore :)

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 5th 2011, 4:48:24

also, is that SoL's first t10 in EE?

if so, congrats on joining the next level! :)

it's like winning an EGOT
everything changes
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Jiman Game profile

Apr 5th 2011, 4:51:29

Yes Pang :P and ty :P

*hails Asing*

locket Game profile

Apr 5th 2011, 5:14:38

Congrats to sol indeed. Was glad no one FA'd at the end.

KJ you are just sad. Most of Laf likely lost networth through that. I had to blow my entire stock to avoid getting hit.

BobbyATA Game profile

Apr 5th 2011, 17:33:14

ouch...you had to spend $50M all at once midset locket? Tough luck!!!

bakku Game profile

Apr 5th 2011, 19:57:11

Originally posted by BobbyATA:
ouch...you had to spend $50M all at once midset locket? Tough luck!!!

fwiw, i spent between $3-4b on the pdm fiasco and then still got ab'ed :P

ViLSE Game profile

Apr 5th 2011, 20:11:37

Very nicely done to all you in top10!!

locket Game profile

Apr 5th 2011, 21:38:59

lol 50 mill? I spend at least as much as Bakku on that PDM crap. My initial jump was about 75mill bushels that I sold. That doesnt include anything I wasted after the first day.

locket Game profile

Apr 5th 2011, 21:40:18

Originally posted by Dukey:
<----rank 9
and i believe the only top10 with an all-explore :)

Oh come on... I was totally the only All Explore in the top ten ;)

Lord Tarnava Game profile

Apr 6th 2011, 3:17:44

proof locket loves me and copies me

4 12 all explore (#469) 50,124 $136,875,342 HG LaF

Dukey Game profile

Apr 6th 2011, 3:39:28

my bad, the only country in the top 10 to not gain land off of the attack of another country is what i should have said :)

BlackMamba Game profile

Apr 6th 2011, 5:09:04

good job dukey, haven't talked to ya in awhile

locket Game profile

Apr 6th 2011, 5:41:50

lol thats better...

JamesBond007 Game profile

Apr 6th 2011, 15:21:46

Originally posted by Dukey:
my bad, the only country in the top 10 to not gain land off of the attack of another country is what i should have said :)

congrats dukey on the top 10 finish.

Sir Balin Game profile

Apr 6th 2011, 15:38:08

LaF created and then gamed a situation with PDM to build the facade that LaF still has the skills it once possessed. This set's finishes are not indicative of LaF's netting ability.

At least it's not llaar at the top.

Detmer Game profile

Apr 6th 2011, 16:03:07

Originally posted by Sir Balin:
LaF created and then gamed a situation with PDM to build the facade that LaF still has the skills it once possessed. This set's finishes are not indicative of LaF's netting ability.

At least it's not llaar at the top.

Well this is the alliance server and not the solo server...it does definitely show though that Omega is the better of the two and that highrock might be the best netter in Earth right now.

Apr 6th 2011, 19:44:34

highrock is definitely legitimate in the netting category. As for the PDM situation after the midfeeding, which is a practice we have participated often for years.. I was the leading techer on the server, as highrock and any of the other contenders do not argue. I switched to farmer as I predicted the market issues. I did not predict escalations with PDM, which actually left me in a not so great situation(blowing all my cash to buy up/grab/turrets etc, instead of rebuilding and buying tech, as I alreay had the land lead)

The PDM situation resulted in me being half unbuilt, rainbow etc on low defense for the rest of the set up until stocking, leading directly to the 7k land I lost in the top feed.

To think the PDM situation(after midfeeding) was beneficial to me is absurd. I finished with almost the same NW, on less land, with extremely high tech prices last set. Before the PDM 'retals' I was 5-6 days ahead of pace from where I was the previous set. People who think I benefited hugely from the situation, simply do not know how to netgain.

highrock Game profile

Apr 6th 2011, 21:01:11

^^ everything I know I learned from Omega vets (especially Alicia, Henrik, and Blaf), so if you want to learn to be awesome in netting, join Omega!

^ you definitely were the leading techer. The PDM situation after midfeeding was probably not beneficial to you, but that's a misleading way to say it. The way you got your lead was by farming PDM, so you had to expect things to escalate, especially since it's PDM. You can't expect to push PDM around and then say that when they fought back, it doesn't count. That would be like me saying I would destroy everybody in netting except that people retal when I grab. The midfeeding and the escalation afterwards are directly linked, so yes you did benefit majorly as a whole (17k acres) from the whole PDM exchange throughout the reset. That's not to say you didn't put up a good performance regardless because you did.

Personally I'm surprised that PDM pacted you guys this set after what happened.

Edited By: highrock on Apr 6th 2011, 21:17:18
See Original Post
formerly Viola MD

Apr 6th 2011, 22:16:07

I didn't farm PDM any more than the other alliances I hit(Icn, collab) I hit all twice a day. icn and collab ran and signed pacts with us PDM retailed with missiles, harmful ops and killed a laf'r.

That being said the only time mid feeding has escalated like that is when SS, myself and a couple others tagged sof to midfeed and circumvent laf rules, grabbing neo, Icn, PDM probably 3-4x a day each. SS and I were killed. Lol

Before that the reset of the second SOL war I WR grabbed along with others and nothing came of it. We do it all the time, this set there were just less targets, and other laf'rs followed suit and joined in, ill-advised decisions.

locket Game profile

Apr 6th 2011, 22:26:04

Balin, laf did not create that entire situation. No point going over that argument again. But suffice it to say the situation hurt more of us then it helped.

Also, Laf's top players still do have top skill. They havn't been playing overly much lately though for various reasons. Unfortunately the issue with Laf to me seems to be that we have too many people who just don't care much at all. As can be seen by how many people didn't bother jumping last set.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Apr 6th 2011, 22:34:25

This set.....the #1 person looses. Last wins!

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

CrisX1

Apr 6th 2011, 22:41:43

grats
ICN- Alliance Server

anoniem Game profile

Apr 6th 2011, 22:58:41

highrock: PDM will give most of their land to evo this set rather than laf :)
re(ally)tired

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 6th 2011, 23:06:26

This reset proves nothing in the sense that no one reset ever proves anything.

Circumstances change from reset to reset. People have good luck, others have bad luck. Assessments of "who is the best player" or "who is the best netting alliance" have to be considered over a longer sample period than a single reset.

Omega would be in the conversation regardless, because they consistently compete for the top netting titles. But to claim that this reset specifically (or any other particular reset) proves "who is the best" in any sense is silly.