Verified:

elvesrus

Feb 11th 2017, 2:08:55

Originally posted by Meistro:
So let's just not have any gun control and focus on limiting the size of the government so that it is not tyrannical.

Could start by spreading the word that you are much more likely to die from a toddler shooting you than a terrorist.
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

sinistril Game profile

Feb 11th 2017, 2:40:19

Originally posted by elvesrus:
So let's just not have any gun control and focus on limiting the size of the government so that it is not tyrannical.

Could start by spreading the word that you are much more likely to die from a toddler shooting you than a terrorist.

Not correct, and adding the "much more" in there makes me wonder if you checked the numbers or got that statistic off a FB post ;) (no offense, I just saw the same post and checked the numbers lol)

Anyways, there is no moral high ground here. Yes fear of terrorists is overblown. There would be no need to accept refugees from many of these countries without US interference (much of that interference happened under Obama). Democrats aren't arguing that the government should stop bombing these countries, they are arguing that we should accept people cause it's the right thing to do. In other words, they want to feel good about themselves because you can be sure they don't care at all about these people. If they did, then they would care about what would happen to them after coming to the US. Consider the fact that 2/3 of Syrian refugees into Europe are barely literate or illiterate in their own languages. If they were to come to the US, you're looking at 1-2+ years before they can even speak English. If they're adults who can't write or read in English, and aren't going to school, you're looking at lifetime welfare. They couldn't even get a job as a cashier if they're illiterate and can barely speak English. So people do not care about these people coming here and being successful, they care about feeling good about themselves without donating to charity.

As far as immigrants, rather than refugees, the US has always had an extremely restrictive immigration policy, so I don't see the big deal. Meh.
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Meistro Game profile

Feb 11th 2017, 3:21:52

Obama made some terrible decisions in the middle east. Let's face it, Obama was a gangster president. He decides that he wants to take out Assad, so he sends a bunch of money and weapons to some Al Qaeda affiliated rebels. And what happens? He fans the flames of a civil war and contributes to the deaths of hundreds of thousands and the displacement of millions. When are these interventionists going to learn? Just leave well enough alone. You don't go destabilizing an extremely volatile area by financing an armed insurrection. It is hubris to imagine that you can insert yourself into a foreign conflict and make things better. Or look at Libya. They take out Ghaddafi and what is the obvious and predictable result? A power vacuum and the ensuing civil war as members of the regime square off with each other over who gets to pick up the pieces.

elvesrus

Feb 11th 2017, 4:05:24

sorry, I was using the mass media definition of terrorist which the executive orders were targeting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/...r/?utm_term=.209be39dff92
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Dissident Game profile

Feb 11th 2017, 4:24:14

sorry, I was using the mass media definition of terrorist which the executive orders were targeting.

you got statistic-ed.

Dissident Game profile

Feb 11th 2017, 4:30:09

Steve Bannon used to be CEO of a World Of Warcraft gold-farming company

sinistril Game profile

Feb 11th 2017, 6:07:41

No idea what the mass media definition of a terrorist is :P

In 2015, since I guess that's the year you're using, 9 were killed in Charleston church, in hopes of starting a race war.
5 killed in Chattanooga, Tennessee motivated by "foreign terrorist organization propaganda".
9 killed in Roseburg, Oregon, attacker asked victims their religion before shooting.
3 killed in Colorado Springs, Colorado at Planned Parenthood clinic
14 killed at San Bernardino, California inspired by "foreign terrorist groups".

I guess the mass media definition does not include all terrorist attacks, but I'm pretty sure any reasonable person would call each one of these incidents a terror incident. Of course, there were about 30,000 killed worldwide due to terrorist attacks in 2015, so the US is extremely safe (from terror) comparatively. (And note that only a handful of people were actually killed by toddlers, usually the toddlers killed themselves, so your chances of being killed by a toddler are much, much lower)

@Meistro, 100% agree, though, Obama wasn't the first or last who has acted in stuff like that. Trump surely will do the same type of things. It would be nice if Liberals stopped harping on every single word Trump says and save it for the big stuff that matters so people will actually take them seriously when it is time to cry wolf :P

Edited By: sinistril on Feb 11th 2017, 7:16:20
See Original Post
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

trumper Game profile

Feb 11th 2017, 18:38:26

Has anyone's opinion ever changed from the debates here? Serious question.

Meistro Game profile

Feb 11th 2017, 18:54:33

The point isn't to convince the person you are debating it is to persuade the audience.

Dissident Game profile

Feb 11th 2017, 19:45:45

"Thank you for Smoking"

trumper Game profile

Feb 13th 2017, 11:25:21

The point isn't to convince the person you are debating it is to persuade the audience.

Then same question to audience

Ruthie

Feb 14th 2017, 17:54:55

nope
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

Hawkster Game profile

Feb 18th 2017, 11:28:54

Yes, but it has been very rare. Can recall at least once, maybe twice.

These forums are atrocious and full of negativity. However if you wade through all the crap, there actually is some good input. I often debate if it is worth wading through all the crap for, yet I still do at times.

Edited By: Hawkster on Feb 18th 2017, 11:32:02
See Original Post

trumper Game profile

Feb 20th 2017, 12:34:31

Interesting on once or twice.

DruncK Game profile

Feb 20th 2017, 12:56:03

Z

brujodale Game profile

Feb 20th 2017, 22:02:52

/me humps DruncK

Taveren Game profile

Feb 21st 2017, 23:17:23

Originally posted by trumper:

No, it's a circle jerk.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Skype: som3thingclassy

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Feb 22nd 2017, 3:39:06

Originally posted by Taveren:
Originally posted by trumper:

No, it's a circle jerk.

NO! ITS A CIRCLE, JERK!

farmer Game profile

Feb 22nd 2017, 3:43:52

now he plays golf more than obama

damondusk Game profile

Feb 22nd 2017, 10:47:18

NO ONE plays more golf than Obama =P