Administrator
Game Development

Mar 14th 2011, 22:06:13

Edited By: qzjul on Mar 14th 2011, 22:14:01
See Original Post
Finally did the signature thing.

Vic Rattlehead Game profile

Mar 15th 2011, 3:00:39

Since Omega fought RoCK in the Tiger bot war in 98, they had to be around by 97, or else they couldn't have already been a threat worth going after in 98 right?

Or was that 99?

After that, SOF and LCN split off Omega. Omega's time at the top was quite brief.
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

Hellrush Game profile

Mar 15th 2011, 4:42:48

RoCK started late 96. It did not show its true colors until mid 97.

Kyatoru Game profile

Mar 15th 2011, 6:23:03

Good ol ArM
+Kya

Mr.Silver

Mar 15th 2011, 7:13:50

RoCk was a few alliances that merged together. BlackMamba might be a good one to ask, I think he was a div leader there way back when and might have the closest memory of things..

unless you dig B.S, R.T, R.S, or Gylph out of the abyss

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 15th 2011, 13:18:34

LCN did NOT split off of Omega,

Yes, Castejon helped found LCN,
but he did it under an Alias (Pheonix) If I remember correctly,
and he recruited all new players to the alliance server.

None of the LCN originals that first reset, had ever played in Omega, (which had just completed it first full reset.)

Omega didn't even know he was starting a new alliance.

Just wanted to Clarify,

Silver, really?
The things you never know lol.

Z is #1

Evolution Game profile

Mar 15th 2011, 13:23:23

Rock music started in the 1960s :O
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

Vic Rattlehead Game profile

Mar 15th 2011, 18:53:38

Hmm, I thought Brink was the main force behind LCN starting, and he and helmet both left Omega following the Tiger/RoCK wars over Omega's refusal to shoot first?

That's my recollection anyway, it was a long time ago and I was playing in Sky Elitez. I joined SOF when they formed, and might not really have gotten the whole story.

Edited By: Vic Rattlehead on Mar 15th 2011, 18:56:42
See Original Post
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

NukEvil Game profile

Mar 15th 2011, 19:17:19

SoF was formed due to perceptions of Omega not seeking retribution against cheaters.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Mar 15th 2011, 19:28:16

something like that. Best to get helmet to comment on why sof was formed.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

ponderer Game profile

Mar 16th 2011, 0:29:46

if Brink was in Omega, it wasn't as "Brink", but I think he was already in LCN at that point.
m0m0rific

Helmet Game profile

Mar 16th 2011, 0:36:32

SoF was formed because I was pissed at Omega for not attacking Rock for cheating. I actually de-tagged myself from Omega that set and started attacking Rock on my own. Quite a few people followed my lead. Then I decided to make an alliance that would kill cheaters and stick up for it's members.

Rock was not around long before we got very suspicious of them. If the tiger bot was 98, then Rock was formed in 97 or 98. I have an old Rock memberslist on my laptop. I can look for it later.

Brink Game profile

Mar 16th 2011, 17:00:42

Helmet was pissed at Omega and tagged LCN for a few days, maybe a week, and then detagged and started blasting RoCK. SoF started after LCN, I think our third set. Our first set we were floating without protection with only EoS throwing us a mercy DNH. LCN was in RoCK Family in our second set, taking the place that Omega vacated.

As a side note, there was serious talk at one time of merging SoF and LCN, but neither Dark Helmet or myself was willing to give up our names. I was willing to merge under the LCN name and make Helmet the leader of the new alliance, but he wasn't interested in killing the SoF name any more than I was willing to kill the LCN name. Just an interesting side note.

Castejon and The Nihilist "started" LCN. The Nihilist named us La Cosa Nostra. Caste handed me the leadership about 10 days into the first set.

Outside of Caste, who didn't even finish the first set with us, no other original LCN member had played in 1A. The lions share of LCN came out of Tourney game G, H, or I (I think it was G) the reset before. LCN started the very next reset after Omega started.

RoCK was created by the merging of a few older alliances.

LCN was a brand new creation, and didn't merge off of anyone. It's members were complete rookies to the alliance server. I am not sure if it will ever happen again. Even RD splintered off one of the early alliances.

I'll go back to tourney now. Have fun.

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 16th 2011, 21:08:51

I confirm 100% of what Brink said.
Z is #1

Kyatoru Game profile

Mar 17th 2011, 1:54:30

Rock started when Jimmy Page met Robert Plant
+Kya

CaptainTenacious Game profile

Mar 17th 2011, 1:56:22

wrong, it all started when buddy holly decided to play the black man's music
~The Saucy Buccaneer~
I drink in moderation.
Moderation being an imaginary place i go to when i drink.

Junky Game profile

Mar 17th 2011, 4:55:59

wrong, it all started when Mozart did an impersenation of the leading Oprah conductor.. the Fart that ignited a movement...
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

BlackMamba Game profile

Mar 17th 2011, 21:36:04

Rock was formed around early or mid 1996.

The core of RoCK was an alliance called Axis (in game A) which formed probably late 1995 and smaller collective of asian players in game B. RoCK (Rise of the Chinese Kingdom) technically formed in game B a reset or two prior to the introduction of private markets. However it was probably a dozen or two dozen players.

Axis is where Brian came from (creator of gamerstown). Back then gamerstown didn't have a name yet since only Axis used it. Using the website as a technology advantage, Corflu (leader of Axis) started sending in game messages to all the top 25 ranked players in game A at the time and the alliance doubled in size. Axis was a functioning alliance of about 25 to 35 netgainers that literally held all the top spots for about 2 resets straight. Then the public market was introduced and a lot of major alliances formed.

LaF and Omega are notable for being formed and recruiting most from tourny players and people on the strategy forums. This was also the point when alliances from game B migrated to game A. Back then alliances were either in game A or B. the intro of the public market is when all the alliances migrated to game A and game B became a pure solo server like it was intended to be.

At this point, Axis/RoCK's collaboration and merger occurred the same reset of the introduction of the public market.

The same reset LaF was created, Axis/RoCK (then about 50 members deep) started recruiting smaller alliances to help war vs LaF. Then the next set they pulled in some of those allies which would end up be 4 or 5 new divisions in the Axis/RoCK entity. At this point, Axis/RoCK just became RoCK period and dropped the word Axis from the alliance name. Among the new divisions from the alliances that joined were Star League, Blood Brigade, Panzer and a few others I don't remember.

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 18th 2011, 6:04:05

I know a lot of stories,

But that was one I wasn't fullly up to date on.

I enjoyed this very much, Thanks BlackMamba.
Z is #1

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 18th 2011, 16:45:08

That's cool BM :) never heard that either
Finally did the signature thing.

Shinigami Game profile

Mar 18th 2011, 22:52:16

I knew most of that at some point, probably from Caste, but it's cool to learn more.