Verified:

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 8th 2017, 22:54:48

What I enjoy about Earth Empires most is what people call Netting. Many people have said that we need graphics, marketing and changes to the game to make it better. But the game is a fascinating flow of numbers following mathematical curves. In those curves, so that you can see the differentials, the probabilities, the break-evens, the market trends, and the power.

When you start playing you learn the game formula and try a few countries. You carefully calculate your way through attacks and destocks, learning. But after a few hundred sets, if you are a player, the calculations become just a confirmation of what you can already see intuitively. For example, the startup curve for population growth is like a wave that you surf. You can feel how to maximize the power of that wave with buying tech, exploring, changing the tax rate and building.

When I play, I like to watch the irc channel for the market as well as the news. The market is the heart of the game. The flow of the market is fascinating. By understanding the true value of everything in the game, you will become a great player. And because power in this game is built and bought, you will have power. It amazes me that hardly anyone but me is on the market channels.

It seems to me that many players don’t ever see the vision of the flow of numbers in the game. They need visual stimulus to their eyeballs to get excited. Some take great pleasure in mashing the attack button and swarming in packs. Others, unable to net at all, become suiciders. Most people are like the steady supply of noobs who used to appear and who have now been replaced by bots. They never got it. And many of the experienced players became so complacent with farming those noobs that they had no other strategy when the noobs dried up, so they quit.

If you want to appreciate the game, try netting. Play the market. Learn how to destock. If anyone wants to learn these strategies you may wish to contact me and we will consider you for the Monsters.

If the game needs better graphics, its graphics like EEstats, not some video of explosions going off.

I’d like to thank to the current management of the game for respecting EE as a classic game, developed from the BBS days, that shouldn’t be simply commercialized to maximize profit.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 9th 2017, 2:12:20

The game is far better now with market feeds, market history, standing orders and some balance changes to govts and strategies than ever before. C/I is now viable instead of a bad joke that lasts a week into the reset, oiler works and there is no need to farm players out of the game in some servers and no one is running private landfarms since qz runs public landfarms for all of us. :) The game is better but the majority of the players never understood the game, sadly.

It is a good post but you don't need to join Monsters to appreciate the game. :P

DruncK Game profile

Apr 9th 2017, 3:20:16

I never was able to build a good war country until I learned to net. Also, mashing the attack button is more of art than mashing at the arcade ;)

Miss you in IRC

Marshal Game profile

Apr 9th 2017, 10:06:28

once in awhile some1 makes post that this game needs more graphics, most recently scottb.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Zorp Game profile

Apr 9th 2017, 13:24:44

I agree, this game is like the matrix.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 9th 2017, 14:17:31

It's like this post was born in 2001

Vamps Game profile

Apr 9th 2017, 16:51:51

Originally posted by Getafix:
What I enjoy about Earth Empires most is what people call Netting.

That's nice. I'm an accountant and a numbers guy, and I've placed top 10 multiple times. Netting is boring and easy in it's current state. It's much more challenging to build an efficient breaker and war against a good alliance. Monitoring the enemy to decide how to spend resources, making judgement calls as to who will wall and who won't. Balancing your war machine with respect to military, spies, and tech...

If you want a real challenge, learn how to war :-)

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 9th 2017, 17:09:46

Originally posted by Vamps:
Originally posted by Getafix:
What I enjoy about Earth Empires most is what people call Netting.

If you want a real challenge, learn how to war :-)

KillKillKill!
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

Marshal Game profile

Apr 9th 2017, 19:53:57

*chems akula*
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Syko_Killa Game profile

Apr 9th 2017, 22:21:10

Originally posted by DruncK:
I never was able to build a good war country until I learned to net. Also, mashing the attack button is more of art than mashing at the arcade ;)

Miss you in IRC
I didn't realize you could net, although I agree that netting is essential to building a great war country. If your side is fsed before its time to convert to warbuilds though. It can make you vulnerable targets.
Do as I say, not as I do.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Apr 9th 2017, 22:23:36

Also, if this game actually was given graphics. I would most likely never play it anymore.
Do as I say, not as I do.

Garry Owen Game profile

Apr 10th 2017, 3:21:40

No need for graphics for warriors either. :)

becci Game profile

Apr 10th 2017, 4:03:10

nope, would prefer no graphics

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

Apr 16th 2017, 21:10:35

Ttt
Mercs
Natural Born Killers