Verified:

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 23rd 2013, 18:42:43

Hi All,

As most of you are aware, when you attack somebody, the returns you get are based on the relative NW's; ie, when your nw is approximately 95% of your target nw, you get a base of 7.5% of their land.

PART I:

We are changing this from being a piecewise function to a gaussian, which matches extremely closely, however it cuts the peak down somewhat, to about 6.8%.

Summary PI: LG's are basically the same, but now a smooth curve; perfect matching is *slightly* less.

PART II:

This will allow us to do the second part of the change, that being modify it for special attacks. We've lowered the curve so there is no longer the extreme benefit from matching networths in killruns, and skewed the < 1 end of the attacker/target nw gaussian out somewhat to make it slightly better to be on the smaller end in a war. There's also a slight slope to the "zero" line of 0.033 on the > 1 side, so that by attacker_nw/target_nw = 12 the attack rate is 0.023

So, for example:

Currently if A is 2M nw and B is 3M nw, A will get 1.125x as much as B (by percentage). With this change A will get 1.31x as much as B.

And if A were 100k nw and B was 1.2M nw, A currently gets the same as B (by percentage). With this change, A will get 2x as much.

Summary PII: slightly better to be smaller than larger now; matched nw is not *as* important, though still gives a significant bonus.

***This change will roll in to all servers as they reset.***

Thanks, and again post any thoughts and suggestions below.

- qzjul and the EE Dev team

Edited By: qzjul on Oct 3rd 2013, 19:22:32
See Original Post
Finally did the signature thing.

Locutus Game profile

Aug 23rd 2013, 19:48:09

Well this will lead to land created due to ghost acres going slower, up ghost acres a bit to compensate :)

Xinhuan Game profile

Aug 24th 2013, 3:10:17

From what I understand, ghost acres created by bottomfeeding won't be affected much.

It's the NW matched Landtrading that gets impacted - Translates to about a ~10% nerf at NW matched trading.

locket Game profile

Aug 24th 2013, 8:26:44

Why nerf trading even more? Also why help the smaller countries even more?

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 25th 2013, 23:54:34

Originally posted by locket:
Why nerf trading even more? Also why help the smaller countries even more?

It's only a *very slight* nerf, and it has many benefits from a formula point of view.

ssewellusmc

Aug 26th 2013, 0:39:02

when losing a war...change the rules!

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 26th 2013, 15:40:41

This doesn't go in until next reset =/

Marshal Game profile

Aug 26th 2013, 19:12:51

Originally posted by ssewellusmc:
when losing a war...change the rules!

if you mean laf vs tivo+pdm then outcome was known from beginning.

if you mean current war then evo + etc vs sof + etc would have faired better if not laf's involvement.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Mr.Silver

Aug 29th 2013, 5:51:12

if it's on all servers it could make dealing with suiciders even more difficult.

Say you were a primary, team, or express player. If a smaller country than you suicides, currently already with the recent changes, to hit back a smaller country, your military losses are 4x larger (making fighting to slow them down or to make them shrink and out grow them very difficult.

But now if the gains of the smaller country are even greater...makes it worse.

aren't all of these recent changes giving advantage for playing a crappy country or a suicider?

it would be nice if scales slide both ways on most the recent changes

Where Masximum Losses/Gains occur when networths match, and the further you are in either direction the worse the attacks become.

Both in military loss and in gains made.

a 1 mil network country hitting a 10m networth country, should have hits diminished just as badly as a 10mil hitting a 1m country.

or it plays into suiciding and grieving.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 2nd 2013, 23:19:48

suiciding and griefing are problems I agree; That's what my ramping attacking was supposed to address... it didn't seem to help as much as I'd hoped.

Hm

I wonder if we could mix the two ideas actually, I never really considered them together...

Maybe have to try it on alpha haha

locket Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 11:32:28

Was the intention of a big country hitting a small one and having huge losses to make wars stay closer for longer? It is pretty darn painful just to bottomfeed now(which was sadly nerfed by this) and I cant imagine how it would be to war with the changes...

Soultaker

Dec 21st 2013, 17:25:55

Are the changes separate for PS, SS and for special atacks?

What i mean is does the special atacks changes also apply to PS, SS or not?

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 21st 2013, 19:02:44

They are separate, yes

downsay Game profile

Dec 23rd 2013, 5:14:29

I am incapable of keeping up with the changes.

Oh...bonus post