Verified:

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 6th 2013, 22:04:56

Hi All,

We're putting in a quick balance adjustment for this Alliance reset, and other servers as they reset.

1) Fast DR Type 1 will be REMOVED (obviously, this does not affect FFA)

That is to say, the 45 second DR that reduces special returns (population killed &etc) will no longer be in effect.
HOWEVER< Fast DR Type 2 (fast attacks resulting in higher attacker military losses) *WILL* still be in effect.

2) Restarts will be buffed again to make restarting better.
They will also attempt to take into account stonewalling efforts.

Restarts will now be in protection for ONLY 15 turns (Assuming the previous country played more than 85 turns).

Restarts will now receive 70% of their previous country, plus 0.02% for every defend, to a max of 95% (Total defends all reset by the dead country)

The items they will receive this percentage of are:
-land
-population
-pci
-money
-food
-oil
-buildings
-military units (YES spies, NO missiles)
-tech

These will each be subjected to the minimums that currently exist.

THESE WILL EACH BE SUBJECTED TO THE MINIMUMS THAT CURRENTLY EXIST

Additionally, stuff placed on market will be transferred to the new country, staying on market, with the same percentage aboved applied.

=============

INTENT:

With Fast DR, we were attempting to slow down kills to make it easier for players to respond to kills, so as to not have their work "wasted" by being killed without any chance to actually use their country to defend itself, and introducing a large delay in play because of restarting. This clearly did not work, as kills were nearly as fast, and just cost more resources for the attacker. With these changes, we have the same focus, but are approaching the problem from the opposite side. Rather than making kills more difficult, we're making restarting easier, and getting restarts out into the open faster, so that they can resume the fight almost immediately.

Incidentally, this plays well into the previous GS changes, which steal stuff from a country.

As always, your thoughts, comments, and suggestions are welcome below :)

Regards,

-qzjul & the EE Dev Team

Edited By: qzjul on Dec 9th 2013, 3:37:51
See Original Post
Finally did the signature thing.

blid

EE Patron

Dec 6th 2013, 22:43:53

The whole "skill" of having your phone beep so you can log in and wall is ridiculous and it's good it's gone but wow, with these new restart changes it seems like killing basically doesn't exist anymore. Imagine doing a GS kill on someone, it'd be so much work when doing about 20 ABs would probably hurt them more.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Dec 6th 2013, 23:10:42

Originally posted by blid:
The whole "skill" of having your phone beep so you can log in and wall is ridiculous and it's good it's gone but wow, with these new restart changes it seems like killing basically doesn't exist anymore. Imagine doing a GS kill on someone, it'd be so much work when doing about 20 ABs would probably hurt them more.

AGREED. THIS WOULD INDEED SEEM TO MAKE GS KILLS NEARLY WORTHLESS. BLOW ALL THE TURNS OF 5 OR 6 COUNTRIES TO REDUCE THE TARGET TO 80 OR 90 PERCENT OF HIS FORMER STRENGTH, OR WIPE OUT 50% OF HIS PRODUCTIVITY WITH ONE SMALLER COUNTRY RUNNING AB ON HIM.

IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE HOW THIS PLAYS OUT. IF IT CHANGES THE FACE OF EE WARFARE TO THE POINT WHERE CRIPPLING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KILLING, IT COULD ACTUALLY MAKE WARS MUCH LESS ONE DIMENSIONAL... RESULTING IN MORE THAN JUST ONE VIABLE STRATEGY FOR ENGAGING THE ENEMY.

XiQter MD Game profile

Dec 6th 2013, 23:16:18

How on earth will this encourage stonewalling?
With all due of respect qz but its better to die with 2 bil cash and start w 75% of that and be able to break at next wave then to wall abd spend all that money dying. Targetselection is now backwards, you will have to target players with no stock instead of people with stock in a FS.
The production decrease will still make crippling more effective then killing

AB/BR no kill FS:es here we come, i doubt we'll see a single tag kill next set...

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Dec 6th 2013, 23:18:28

ALSO, JUST TO MAKE SURE I'M UNDERSTANDING CORRECTLY..

IF A COUNTRY IS KILLED IN 300 HITS (AND HAD SUFFERED NO PREVIOUS HITS ALL RESET), THE RESTART WOULD RECEIVE 70% OF ITS PREVIOUS RESOURCES, PLUS ANOTHER (.0002 * 300)... OR 6% MORE.. RESTART HAS 76% OF THE FIRST COUNTRY'S RESOURCES. CORRECT?

XiQter MD Game profile

Dec 6th 2013, 23:19:11

Also if anything this will make early wars even more important, and not a single alliance likes early wars...

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 6th 2013, 23:29:56

Originally posted by SAM_DANGER:
THIS WOULD INDEED SEEM TO MAKE GS KILLS NEARLY WORTHLESS.

Except, GS actually steals stuff, as of a set or so ago remember?

Originally posted by XiQter MD:
With all due of respect qz but its better to die with 2 bil cash and start w 75% of that and be able to break at next wave then to wall abd spend all that money dying.

Except, you do lose buildings if you get BR'd, and you do lose stock if you get GS'd. And if you're land killed...

Targetselection is now backwards, you will have to target players with no stock instead of people with stock in a FS.

Explain why it would be better to kill a target without stock than with?

Originally posted by SAM_DANGER:

IF A COUNTRY IS KILLED IN 300 HITS (AND HAD SUFFERED NO PREVIOUS HITS ALL RESET), THE RESTART WOULD RECEIVE 70% OF ITS PREVIOUS RESOURCES, PLUS ANOTHER (.0002 * 300)... OR 6% MORE.. RESTART HAS 76% OF THE FIRST COUNTRY'S RESOURCES. CORRECT?

CORRECT!

Also if anything this will make early wars even more important, and not a single alliance likes early wars...

It cannot be true that *every* change makes early wars more important... You'll have to justify this one... Remember, fast DR type I is being removed, and *that* "made early wars more important"

Edited By: qzjul on Dec 6th 2013, 23:49:55
See Original Post

blid

EE Patron

Dec 6th 2013, 23:42:29

What happens if you land kill someone?
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 6th 2013, 23:45:05

Originally posted by blid:
What happens if you land kill someone?

Subject to minimums! They get the same land as they would normally have under the previous system. And no buildings.

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

Dec 7th 2013, 1:23:16

I love Farmville
but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!

elvesrus

Dec 7th 2013, 7:56:44

Is there a minimum for a restart's PCI? I know it's rare to die from that, but it can happen.
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 7th 2013, 19:24:09

Min 20, since that is what you start with normally.

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 7th 2013, 20:07:58

Originally posted by SakitSaPuwit:
I love Farmville

i'll AB your tractor into tomorrow ! ;)
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

bstrong86 Game profile

Dec 7th 2013, 23:59:59

So, say in 45 days someone wants to war us, and i have 750m bushels on the market an i get killed...i still get 750mil bushels or 70% of that?
The Death Knights

XI

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 8th 2013, 0:21:31

70% of that

crest23 Game profile

Dec 8th 2013, 2:23:38

So 30% of that food disappears from the market?
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 8th 2013, 2:32:06

Umm I personally think 70% is too high.

And you need to make population growth 3-4x slower so that GS kills are worth doing again. This means you also need to make BRs kill less % buildings and less % pop per hit. Way less.

For example, if I do about 30 GSes on a country (using more than 60 turns in the process), it only takes about 30 turns for that country to recover from the pop loss. Not only that, players have grown smart. Because production is now based on pop/maxpop, players have now set taxrate=70% to lower maxapop, until they are near maxpop and return it to 35%.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 8th 2013, 4:17:03

Perhaps for next set :)

SolidSnake Game profile

Dec 8th 2013, 4:59:14

The restart buff is far far too big. You can have a guy die 3 times and still be restarting as a breaker without the need for fa. With these changes an alliance could get essentially tag killed in a fs, and restart to win the "war". The ridiculousness of that should be obvious.

Son Goku Game profile

Dec 8th 2013, 5:18:05

70% is INSANE

Forgotten

Dec 8th 2013, 8:32:16

This just means LaF will stop winning wars in 2 days.

Anti-LaF change?

Booooo!
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

KriSatZ Game profile

Dec 8th 2013, 8:45:24

What in hell's name have you been smoking? 70%?

I think I am going to go and play neopets or make daisy chains. Everything fun about this game is slowly being taken away.

Usually you start from the bottom up, so trial ~40% and then raise it. You don't ruin a set by experimenting at 70%.
Success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are.

LaFamiglia - zKriSatZwpn - LaFamiglia

Flamey Game profile

Dec 8th 2013, 10:22:17

I'm in agreement about it being too high. Actually, it's so high that it completely changes the dynamic of warring.

Given that GS kills will be around 250-400 hits for most countries with the DR removed, you'd steal no more than 20% of the enemies goods with GS. A day 30-40 techer could easily have a powerfully stocked country with 500m busels on the market. If it dies it is still going to have 350m bushels to play with, which is usually more than enough stock to break anyone in the game.

ABing and then killing it is better than not doing anything, but in the grander scheme it will make later wars almost unconcludable if everyone remember to keep their stock on the market. This more than anything will push warring alliances to early war.

There is also the possibility of abuse here. A 70 member alliance could easily arrange something so that they could hit their top 5-10 breakers enough over the set to raise their total defends to the 95% threshold. That is a really scary thought.

I personally think that it should be set at a range more like 40% with the possibility of it rising to 50% depending on defends. Maybe this is even a bit too high... it'a still more than enough to make a restart useful, more than useful, but it is also enough of a pentalty to make an alliance want to kill it.

Duna Game profile

Dec 8th 2013, 10:44:57

The logical evolution of this changes is "restart" button, so we dont need to create new country and just keep playing with old one.

zygotic Game profile

Dec 8th 2013, 12:31:07

Put a delay in the news feed for warring clans.
If country A is getting hit then his clan won't know for say 5 mins they won't be able contact him straight away for him to get online

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 8th 2013, 17:02:06

Originally posted by Flamey:
There is also the possibility of abuse here. A 70 member alliance could easily arrange something so that they could hit their top 5-10 breakers enough over the set to raise their total defends to the 95% threshold. That is a really scary thought.

I didn't even think of this...

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 8th 2013, 20:51:48

sure, but then they die once, and their counter is reset.

and say you do that to 10 breakers.... that's 10-12k hits your alliance has to put out... where are you going to pull out those extra 10-12k hits?

Flamey Game profile

Dec 8th 2013, 21:15:40

I wasn't aware that the counter was reset, just read 'Total defends all reset' and assume it was for the person.

Still think 40-50% would make more sense.

Atryn Game profile

Dec 9th 2013, 1:55:33

Originally posted by qzjul:

Yes, please clarify... I also thought it was "total defends all reset"... so once you reached the 95% mark, you'd be there for all subsequent restarts?

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Dec 9th 2013, 2:59:08

counter gets reset when the country dies. Otherwise yeah that's totally bad:P
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 9th 2013, 3:37:14

Originally posted by Atryn:
Originally posted by qzjul:

Yes, please clarify... I also thought it was "total defends all reset"... so once you reached the 95% mark, you'd be there for all subsequent restarts?

Total defends all reset by that country

iScode Game profile

Dec 9th 2013, 3:49:05

should of left it like it was from E2025. You lot are ruining the game for people who love to war!
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

TDA101 Game profile

Dec 9th 2013, 17:25:11

Can't you guys think outside the box?

Not every kill has to be a civ kill @_@.

elvesrus

Dec 10th 2013, 2:27:27

It pretty much does unless DR and humanitarians are removed.
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 10th 2013, 3:16:59

Please lower the 70% to something more realistic (like 30%).

There is very little reason to GS kill a country now, because AB/BRs can do much more damage than the 30% loss a restarting country will start with. In fact right now, killing a country doesn't even remove his unused turns, they get carried forward to his next country.

NukEvil Game profile

Dec 10th 2013, 16:49:56

Is there a reason why after dropping most of my land, my military's readiness goes through the FLOOR when making a single attack?
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Marshal Game profile

Dec 10th 2013, 20:39:44

you don't have enuf population to fill jets and tanks etc.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

tellarion Game profile

Dec 15th 2013, 16:37:50

I think this makes suiciders way too effing strong. Getting 70% of EVERYTHING back means they can come back and start suiciding again in 1 day, instead of 4-5 to gear up and get ready again...

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Dec 15th 2013, 19:42:40

AB FS's are the way of the future!
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 16th 2013, 2:37:04

Originally posted by tellarion:
I think this makes suiciders way too effing strong. Getting 70% of EVERYTHING back means they can come back and start suiciding again in 1 day, instead of 4-5 to gear up and get ready again...

I'm waiting for the day someone stocks 300m bushels, detags and spends 30m bushels to suicide on LaF, restarts with 189m bushels, uses 30m bushels to suicide again, restarts with 111m bushels, uses 30m bushels to suicide again, restarts with 56m bushels, uses another 30m bushels to suicide, restarts with another 18m bushels and finally suicides again.

The limiting factor is probably turn count, but unspent turns always carries forward to your next restart, so... yeah.

bertz Game profile

Dec 16th 2013, 6:43:58

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Originally posted by tellarion:

I'm waiting for the day someone stocks 300m bushels, detags and spends 30m bushels to suicide on LaF, restarts with 189m bushels, uses 30m bushels to suicide again, restarts with 111m bushels, uses 30m bushels to suicide again, restarts with 56m bushels, uses another 30m bushels to suicide, restarts with another 18m bushels and finally suicides again.

The limiting factor is probably turn count, but unspent turns always carries forward to your next restart, so... yeah.

You just gave them an idea

h2orich Game profile

Dec 16th 2013, 8:53:27

and now with just being to get oop after 15 turns, you can suicide once every 2 day instead of needing to spend 99 turns then store turns for the suicide again

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Dec 16th 2013, 11:21:40

i swear the development team never look at their changes for exploits
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 16th 2013, 15:24:43

Originally posted by Warster:
i swear the development team never look at their changes for exploits

Perhaps changes should be made known to a wider group of people for exploit-hunting before actually implementing them? Hehe! It isn't too difficult to make a new private subforum, and add a few extra eyes to it.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Dec 16th 2013, 21:34:11

A lot of changes use to be discussed on the game dev board, but basically all the recent changes have been kept among a select few
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Flamey Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 6:59:44

I wonder, is any alliance in favour of this?

Symac

Dec 19th 2013, 9:00:04

Pull the fluffing plug already.

Scorba Game profile

Dec 20th 2013, 18:05:28

This is already annoying in team. GS is made completely worthless.

Kalick Game profile

Dec 20th 2013, 18:23:05

Maybe bump up the returns of GS, or reduce the restart benefits?

Son Goku Game profile

Dec 21st 2013, 17:58:32

Nice to see this already being abused.