Verified:

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 21st 2013, 19:02:19

Originally posted by Son Goku:
Nice to see this already being abused.

If you guys would be less cryptic, I might know what you're talking about.
Finally did the signature thing.

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 21st 2013, 20:03:51

http://www.eestats.com/alliance/country/652

A country honored me by restarting after dying. 10 hour after restarting, he briefly became the country with the most land on the server by over 50% more than the second guy. He managed 54 SSes and 3 PSes over an impressive 120 turns.

Marshal Game profile

Dec 21st 2013, 20:20:09

all jetter i presume.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 21st 2013, 20:25:35

The original country is that restarted from #652 is #285.
http://www.eestats.com/alliance/country/285
with the following stats: $415m cash on hand, 1m jets, 100k turrets, 5k tanks, 5k troops, 133% weapons, 81.7% military on a measly 753a, with a negative income of -$200k per turn. Obviously received FA. (Note: This country is dead.)

Obviously after restarting (with 70% of the above) and grabbing 30k land, the current amount of tech % are all close to negligible now, he grabbed more tech points than he restarted with anyway - I can't post the current country stats (it is obviously very different from the original country) because it requires a turn to obtain the spy op - and #652 is still alive.

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 21st 2013, 20:45:41

By the way, I'm trying to illustrate that this is a problem, suiciders are now nearly invincible.

A) They don't lose any unspent turns, they get carried over to next restart
B) They only spend 15 turns in protection after restarting.
C) They restart with 70% of what they had, including any stock on market - if this was mostly jets, its still going to be an all-jetter, or all-tanker or whatever that can just continue doing whatever it was doing.

In essence, if a suicider was almost all jets and had expended his stock, if you could bomb jets and kill off 30% or more jets that way (and only like 20-30 times before spy DR kicks in), and demoralize it's readiness to 55% (because 15 turns of restart protection can recover the equivalent of 45% readiness), it would just be almost as good as killing the country - and spy ops only use a fraction of turns needed for a KR.

This is something nobody can protect against. You can't kill a country hanging on the 14th turn with 280m cash that is just on the edge of OOP, just storing turns. There's absolutely no way to stop it. Not only that, it is "abusable" - one could stock say 300m food, detag, get killed, then prepare one's restart for a massive suicide still with 210m food. Since it is a restart, it cannot be easily traced back to the original country it restarted from (especially if the original country just dropped to 10 acres to die - it restarts with 7 acres or something (is there a 100a minimum for restarting?), but the first grab on OOP would fix most things), nor would the original country's tag be held liable.

And is this tested against country deletion (both self-deletion and mod-deletion) whether such restarts will restart with the 70% bonus?

Edited By: Xinhuan on Dec 21st 2013, 20:57:59
See Original Post

Marshal Game profile

Dec 21st 2013, 21:28:24

mod-deleted or self deleted shouldn't get any bonuses but who knows after changes.

Son Goku Game profile

Dec 21st 2013, 21:32:04

Originally posted by qzjul:
Originally posted by Son Goku:
Nice to see this already being abused.

If you guys would be less cryptic, I might know what you're talking about.

What difference would it have made? You weren't going to undo these changes, now we have to kill the same player daily to avoid this from happening. This is the single biggest buff to suiciders the game has ever seen and the admins were even warned what would happen. Of course the changes continue to go live and just what Xin predicted happens and a bunch of people get fluffed over.

Erian Game profile

Dec 21st 2013, 22:22:02

#652 who used to be #285 until very recently.

Alin Game profile

Dec 24th 2013, 15:20:08

For a moment all of us "old farts" should think a little outside the box and understand this is meant for new players more than it meant for us.

Sure the changes must be adjusted a little, maybe 40 or 50 instead of 70%, some suiciders adjustment to. Maybe make the restart rules to apply to the tagged countries. And the tag to be minimum of 5 - so in case 1 decides to mess with Laf MD or Sol than all the buddies will be hurt.

Overall - i like the changes.

Cheers!

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Dec 24th 2013, 15:30:13

mod deleted/self deleted get nothing when they restart.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 27th 2013, 1:20:58

seriously?

devs are obviously just trolling

70%, works out to more like 75% after a kill run

offensive losses are roughly 50% more than defensive losses already

so your losing about 50% more to kill someone then they come back with about 75% of what they had left

if the next best war strat is going to be what i think it is it will be hilarious, not to even mention the stupidity of the changes relating to suiciding

if you want to make changes like this fine, but think for just a few minutes about what the point is, its to nerf first strikes and blindsides

therefore its obvious the more mil on hand, the more turns run during kill run, the longer a kill run takes, the more money spent during kill run/stuff produced the less protection is needed

anyone who knew about these changes before implementation needs an effigy made of themselves, hung, drawn, quartered, burned and placed in an urn with the death of earth empires written on the side then we award the urn to the best suicider each reset

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 27th 2013, 1:27:01

anyone ever thought of gradual implementation?

you know how about leave both systems in the game, let people have which ever is more but start off at 10% perhaps?

even 50% looks somewhat palatable after this insanity, its like seeing colours next to contrasting colours look differently, you didnt need to jump straight to 70%

you could have at least announced it was a joke reset so people could relax over christmas then reset the game rather than a full reset of this

Souly Game profile

Dec 27th 2013, 14:29:18

this changes suck :( now you can't kill anything

Duna Game profile

Dec 28th 2013, 9:29:55

Does CS and money bonuses still exists (from initial restart changes)?

Souly Game profile

Dec 28th 2013, 18:42:21

and the answer is???

Atryn Game profile

Dec 29th 2013, 0:28:09

If you mean what I think Duna, yes. If you get AB'd down to 0 CS and then killed, you would restart with the CS from the old restart formula. Think of the old formula as the minimums you restart with. If this formula is higher, you'll start with this (75% or more of what you had). But if the values from this new formula are lower, you'll start with the old restart formula's amounts.

So you cannot force someone to restart with 0 CS or cash... But you can AB them again at turn 15.

Duna Game profile

Dec 29th 2013, 8:18:39

Thanks Atryn. Its exactly what i wanted to know.

Scorba Game profile

Dec 29th 2013, 19:42:52

Is anyone in favor of keeping this? I've seen people from all different sides of things asking for its removal.

Souly Game profile

Dec 29th 2013, 20:56:51

maybr not remove it but lower it from 70% to 45%

Atryn Game profile

Jan 3rd 2014, 12:47:48

Another question on restarts... You lose any stored bonus points. Was this intentional? I don't mind either way, but given some discoveries, I thought I'd mention it.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 5th 2014, 5:15:26

i assume the decision has already been made to modify this but its being held over until the reset is finished

Atryn Game profile

Jan 10th 2014, 20:04:10

This formula is not working right.

Example: Country dies with 4317 land and 838 defends. Restarts with 3137 land.

The closest I can get to the "formula" to predict that result is 71% + .002% / defend (predicts exactly).

If we had used 70% + .02% / defend, as posted, he would have restarted with 3745 land.

Flamey Game profile

Jan 11th 2014, 4:04:14

Maybe its getting to the stage where turns played means you restart with more land and cs.

Marshal Game profile

Jan 11th 2014, 14:41:48

Originally posted by Flamey:
Maybe its getting to the stage where turns played means you restart with more land and cs.

that was after 1st change.

Atryn Game profile

Jan 12th 2014, 11:03:31

No, Flamey, because these countries started with LESS than they should have, not more.

The example country with 838 defends should have started with 86.76% and instead started with only ~73%... That was a SoF country, BTW. ;)

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 12th 2014, 19:05:35

technically it adds itself to the 100A you would normally start with

Atryn Game profile

Jan 13th 2014, 18:15:45

Then it still should have been EVEN HIGHER...

Have you been able to look into this yet? Should I send/pm the country numbers involved?

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 14th 2014, 19:30:57

Originally posted by Atryn:

Then it still should have been EVEN HIGHER...

Have you been able to look into this yet? Should I send/pm the country numbers involved?

It definitely had the amount of defends (not attacks, defends!) and acres at death you're saying? &etc

Atryn Game profile

Jan 16th 2014, 4:07:29

yes, definitely. Should I send you the country #'s?

:)

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 16th 2014, 19:28:59

you could; though perhaps I should fix the server first, and then we should keep an eye on it