Verified:

silverbeet Game profile

Aug 6th 2010, 21:41:04

100acres a day would mean redefining strats, and we're all over the current strats. So for one it'd be good mental exercise for us. But it also spreads out the NW and provide a larger landpool to grab from. It might also weaken the theo and MB endgame which is still too powerful.

I like the 18hr 6 turns. I play for it all the time, and you can slide that up or down six hrs each day to adjust your RL stuff for. Still, a choice to get freebies in turns or acres would be interesting, and yield new strats.

The way we war wasn't the way this game was intended. We developed it through playing. I don't think we were even supposed to be able to kill a country originally.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 7th 2010, 4:39:21

originally there was no min killed per gs/br/chem

id actually like to see that reinstated on team perhaps, since 5 people shouldnt really be killing people every day easily

anyway if sell orders were in in some fashion (or 25% limit was changed) and DR was a bit softer then you could make as big or harsh reasons to play a lot less often as you wanted

could change destocking, the easy way is the ffa/express rule, but whatever penalties or bonus are in place would probably effect destocking a lot less anway

iolair Game profile

Aug 28th 2010, 21:48:04

I like the idea of an additional sell order. though this will seriously change game balance.

my preference would be for a trigger mechanism related to the previous sale.

Thinking ahead it might be nice to make it work for all orders ... standing buy order triggers a sell order but that would mean changing how Standing orders work -- ie more like sell orders maybe even costing a turn.
nothing to see here ... move along

iolair Game profile

Aug 29th 2010, 0:03:25

This 20A bonus I agree seems more detrimental. Techer strats have to drop them or loose TPT or build them all up wasting a turn since their bpt is likely lots more than 20A

Its also specially disconcerting in light of the 72hr unable to drop land situation as well
nothing to see here ... move along

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 29th 2010, 3:51:01

how can FREE stuff be detrimental!?

that's like saying if there was $20 dropped off in your mailbox every day that it's somehow a bad thing! you could throw it out if you *really* didn't want it....

likewise, you can drop it if you reallly want to... dropping it is *not* that hard

also, the 72 hour land drop "situation" is NOT a problem with dropping acres: why? because it only prevents you from dropping land you grabbed; if you're grabbing, WHY would you want to drop free acres?

Finally did the signature thing.

Detmer Game profile

Aug 30th 2010, 17:52:47

The only detriment is mental anguish. Do not worry about it qz.