Verified:

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 26th 2010, 0:57:02

mrford!

He stepped up, so hopefully you'll all help him help us get the wiki rolling :)
Finally did the signature thing.

mrford Game profile

Sep 26th 2010, 1:03:45

*struts around*

go update wiki, or I'll sic NOW3P on ur base
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 26th 2010, 17:11:50

Incidentally, mrford's job as an editor will be more to do with wiki maintenance, standards, and interlinking rather than producing content... there's far too much content needed for any one person, however, there is quite a bit one or two people could do to push user generated content into the same quality standards and all that ;)

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 27th 2010, 1:37:13

Guys, this is not the venue to air grievances against each other.

Thanks for helping out with the wiki, mrford :)
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Fooglmog Game profile

Sep 27th 2010, 3:28:15

qz, you know I love you, but couldn't you have waited more than 5 and a half hours before selecting someone?

It just seems to me that, if you'd given this a little more time, someone with a demonstrated knowledge of spelling and grammar may have volunteered.

I have no personal problems with mrford... but it very much seems as if you accepted the first person to volunteer without much thought to how well their activity in the game reflects upon their ability to do the job well.

Of course, what's done is done. I'll be thoroughly unimpressed, though, if my carefully crafted articles get butchered with additions from an editor that doesn't bother with capitalization or punctuation.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 27th 2010, 3:31:10

hm I could have yes, but I'm also not above appointing more than one, assuming there's interest. There is quite a bit of work that needs doing.

Also, the mandate I've given mrford has less to do with editing articles and more to do with getting the organization of the wiki going.... more structure.

A Content Guy would be good too ;)

NOW3P Game profile

Sep 27th 2010, 3:33:22

Can the wiki even be edited from an iPod? :-P

Like I said, I'll be happy to help out - just so long as I don't have to cover content for servers I don't play on.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 27th 2010, 3:34:45

Everybody can help out :) go add content!

mrford Game profile

Sep 27th 2010, 3:59:27

Originally posted by Fooglmog:
qz, you know I love you, but couldn't you have waited more than 5 and a half hours before selecting someone?

It just seems to me that, if you'd given this a little more time, someone with a demonstrated knowledge of spelling and grammar may have volunteered.

I have no personal problems with mrford... but it very much seems as if you accepted the first person to volunteer without much thought to how well their activity in the game reflects upon their ability to do the job well.

Of course, what's done is done. I'll be thoroughly unimpressed, though, if my carefully crafted articles get butchered with additions from an editor that doesn't bother with capitalization or punctuation.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

im not doing content. and believe it or not, when im not posting on forums i actually proofread all my writings. so while your concerns are warranted, they are not valid :)
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Viceroy Game profile

Sep 27th 2010, 6:11:50

Congrats on the appointment, mrford. To all parties involved, this position strikes me as a smart way to further along the wiki, which is a good thing.
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

Ozzite Game profile

Sep 27th 2010, 8:52:19

Can I touch myself on the wiki?
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Sep 27th 2010, 15:32:39

mr.ford.is.a.camerro:P
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Twain Game profile

Sep 27th 2010, 23:47:48

If you want more people, I wouldn't be opposed to the idea.

If you're happy with one, then that's cool, too. :)

mrford Game profile

Sep 28th 2010, 0:16:41

Well, we kinda need ppl to add content. I've added info boxes to most alliances, need em filled in

I'm working on all the dead links now
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 29th 2010, 16:12:26

that's it

this entire thread is being tossed and closed.

please don't fight on announcements, this is an informational forum. :)

Edited By: Pang on Sep 29th 2010, 17:42:09
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com