Verified:

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 18th 2010, 7:06:53

The following changes will be in effect on the express server starting tomorrow:

-Maximum turns held will change from 450 (300) to 360 (360).

-Late starts will get 72(0) turns maximum, so a country would need to be created earlier than the five hour mark of the reset to avoid losing turns.

-Public market changes: max market sale size raised from 25% to 45%, time to market raised to 0.25-0.75 hours, time on market specified by player for each good (2 hours to 30 hours). Goods on the market will show what time they will return home. Commies will be able to sell up to 60% of their goods at once.

-Decrease maximum daily spy ops to 100.

-Oil on private market, sell at $30, buy at $300.

-Public market tech floor raised to $1000 from $500.

-Minimum ally time will be 24 hours.

-FAing will not be permitted.

-Drop land time is 24 hours instead of 72 hours.

-Declaring war will no longer be possible.

-Bomb banks will steal a small amount of cash as well as destroying a larger amount of cash.

-Change GDI
GDI will now serve as suicider prevention. The proposed rule set is as follows:
--Minimum GDI time is the whole length of the set.
--Cost is $5 per acre.
--Countries in GDI will only be able to do standard strikes, planned strikes, steal tech, bomb banks, burn oil, or burn bushels to countries which have not done at least 2 attacks or offensive spy ops towards them.
--Countries not in GDI attacking countries in GDI will only be able to do standard strikes, planned strikes, steal tech, bomb banks, burn oil, or burn bushels, unless the country in GDI has attacked them more than once.
-Only countries in protection may join GDI.

diez Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 7:17:14

*creates a country*

Spear Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 12:38:12

Thanks Slagpit

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 18th 2010, 15:04:24

interesting game changes. most interesting is likely the floor price for oil. wonder if it'll work it's way out onto other servers
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

lincoln

Oct 19th 2010, 1:22:53

excellent changes, great job of taking input from players

you worked out some of the kinks in the GDI from the original suggestions so it looks good to go to me)).

i see i lost the market argument to enshula re: hiding goods in the market, no shame there, he is a thoughtful player and game theorist. i think you did well with the market changes

hate the reduction in spy ops(((( i lost that argument badly))))

love the partial repeal of the Land protection Act
love the acquisitive nature of bomb banks
love the new ally time frames
love closing the early set antics window

good job
FoG

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 19th 2010, 3:51:12

nice changes to help make express a more friendly place to play

great job to slag and qz for making these changes happen :)

I hope we'll start seeing more folks from other servers play around on express now as well!
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Dragonlance Game profile

Oct 19th 2010, 5:14:49

what does the last one mean?

is there some kind of weird protection thin in express?

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 19th 2010, 5:20:49

I approve! :)

Dragonlance: first 100 turn? you know?
Finally did the signature thing.

Dragonlance Game profile

Oct 19th 2010, 7:06:05

so you can only join GDI in the first 100 turns?!?

locket Game profile

Oct 19th 2010, 8:24:58

Yes?

ZIP Game profile

Oct 19th 2010, 16:38:47

--Countries in GDI will only be able to do standard strikes, planned strikes, steal tech, bomb banks, burn oil, or burn bushels to countries which have not done at least 2 attacks or offensive spy ops towards them.

so if I spy op the country for the break ( 1 ) and then I ps it ( 2 ) then he can nuke me back -

but if i blindly send a ps ( 1 ) then he can't ? !!
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

dantzig Game profile

Oct 19th 2010, 23:54:40

I just thought of a way to exploit the new GDI:
If someone steals your tech, bombs your banks, or burns your food more than once and doesn't get caught and you're in the new GDI, just try to do special attacks on any country that you suspect. When the game allows the attack, you found the person who stole from you!

An easy way to fix this would be to only have unsuccessful offensive spy ops count towards the two offenses required to start a war (hopefully it's already programmed this way!). Of course this means that you could steal all the tech, money, or food from a GDI county that you want until you get caught and their only options for retal would be SS, PS, or return the spy ops.

Also, I hope that Spy, Spy On Alliances, Market Spy, and Military Spy do not count as offensive spy ops. Please confirm that they do not count and all other spy ops are considered offensive spy ops.
FoG

lincoln

Oct 20th 2010, 5:33:23

you left DR alone, interesting

whoever had the GDI idea, very imaginative.

[countries] can still land kill and ss lemming at set end but hopefully those will not be signifigant threats.

Edited By: Pang on Oct 21st 2010, 18:16:10
See Original Post
FoG

diez Game profile

Oct 20th 2010, 8:49:56

Originally posted by ZIP:

so if I spy op the country for the break ( 1 ) and then I ps it ( 2 ) then he can nuke me back -

but if i blindly send a ps ( 1 ) then he can't ? !!

I believe normal spy doesn't count as offensive spy op.

dantzig Game profile

Oct 20th 2010, 21:38:21

I'm really digging the 45% public market sale size and choosing the time on the market so far!
FoG

Thomas Game profile

Oct 21st 2010, 6:28:28

Crap i wish there was a post directing us to this on Express Forum. I left protection and can't join GDI now lol

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 21st 2010, 18:14:55

Can I ask that just as a general rule, could we all please stop using the announcements forum as a place to make politically motivated posts or start flaming.

There are countless other forums for that sort of thing. The announcements board is meant to be a place where the developers and staff of EE make announcements.

Thanks to everyone in advance for respecting the purpose of the announcements board!
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Thomas Game profile

Oct 21st 2010, 21:24:18

Just noticed it was posted in the Express forum as a sticky. I guess that's my fault for ignoring the stickies as they don't change very often :P

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 22nd 2010, 5:01:08

Anything not a normal spy op, alliance op, market op, or military op is a "harmful spy op".

dantzig Game profile

Oct 22nd 2010, 21:01:13

Originally posted by Slagpit:
Anything not a normal spy op, alliance op, market op, or military op is a "harmful spy op".

Thanks for confirming--very helpful!!!
FoG