Verified:

Vic Rattlehead Game profile

Aug 6th 2010, 11:49:32

I got the free 20 acres the first time I logged in. I didn't think too much of it at first, until my startup didn't work out right. I couldn't explore when I normally would have and was forced to build some farms. Maybe don't award this on the first login?
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 6th 2010, 12:51:39

you can drop acres for free its not a big problem, although i believe dropping the acres wouldnt be a good idea

lincoln

Aug 6th 2010, 12:57:43

the admins go nutso when you suggest dropping land
not advisable
FoG

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 6th 2010, 14:29:58

dropping acres during startup because you want to follow a turn by turn hurts no one

dropping acres that you grab is a bit different

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 6th 2010, 17:46:45

dropping land is fine by me -- even dropping land you grab for warring or whatever...

but grabbing, dropping, grabbing, dropping... that seems to me like it hurts the game, unless we have some way to reduce the land removal heh
Finally did the signature thing.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 7th 2010, 4:31:42

sounds like you like that ghost acres idea

since that one amused you how about after you get nuked you get increased explore rate for half the land you lost to nukes

something to do with your explorers finding areas where radiation level is lower

explore rate could be 50% higher until 50% of the lost nuke land was given as bonus explores

dantzig Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 20:39:36

The 20 acres pissed me off the other day: I got it between clicking on the research tab and researching. It caused my TPT to change which wasted a turn. Not a huge deal but it could have been if I was short on food or money! What's the point of the 20 acres again?
FoG

Ozzite Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 21:20:37

Originally posted by qzjul:
dropping land is fine by me -- even dropping land you grab for warring or whatever...

but grabbing, dropping, grabbing, dropping... that seems to me like it hurts the game, unless we have some way to reduce the land removal heh

I think this has been suggested before, but what if the 20A that was gained was actually based on something having to do with the amount of land dropped, land gained, ghost acres, buildings destroyed, land on dead countries, etc.

I mean there could be a formula that just redistributes "lost land" to the game as a whole, for example

MIN(250, MAX(20,((LAND_DROPPED + LAND_FROM_DEAD) / #COUNTRIES) * 20))

Would need some statistics on how much land is dropped and on dead countries, etc. to come up with more reasonable numbers, but yeah.

Could be interesting, doesn't really do too much though....
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

Helmet Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 21:41:46

dantzig: That sucks and would be annoying.

iolair Game profile

Dec 21st 2010, 5:18:30

Its probably due to the new bonus systems re-work of how teching works
nothing to see here ... move along