Verified:

BlackMamba Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 18:59:13

How about making alliance like team server? No detagging allowed. Dead countries count as 0 networth to the average networth rankings.

This would take care of advantages to avg net from self farming your own alliance mate and detagging the countries afterwards.

BlackMamba Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 19:00:38

The only difference is that once a country is dead on alliance, they do not automatically get retagged in their old tag for their new country, they would go back to being untagged. However, their old dead country would still count as a country will zero networth to that alliance's average networth.

Detmer Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 19:07:04

Do people actually farm their alliance mates and then detag them?

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 19:08:41

no, they just use a different email addy to create the alliance mates that they are going to farm and detag.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

highrock Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 19:26:31

How about no attacking of alliance mates? This would partially take care of the intra-alliance farming and also GSing into DR...
formerly Viola MD

Detmer Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 19:49:10

Originally posted by highrock:
How about no attacking of alliance mates? This would partially take care of the intra-alliance farming and also GSing into DR...

Then people will detag and retag. Perhaps this could be fixed by altering how tagging works - maybe first time you detag you can retag instantly, next time it takes one minute to retag, then two minutes, then four minutes, 8 minutes, 16, 32,64 and so on...

after five times you are guaranteed a scores update will notice and at 8 times it will take an hour which will certainly get you grabbed.

Of all the things I think flexibility is essential on, attacking your own alliance is not as much one of them. I prefer it to an alternative, but if this is actually an issue (which I am doubtful of) that would be a potential fix.

I don't like the inability to change tags on the alliance server. I don't really like it in team but it sort of makes more sense to me there...

highrock Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 20:15:49

Originally posted by Detmer:
Originally posted by highrock:

Then people will detag and retag. Perhaps this could be fixed by altering how tagging works - maybe first time you detag you can retag instantly, next time it takes one minute to retag, then two minutes, then four minutes, 8 minutes, 16, 32,64 and so on...

after five times you are guaranteed a scores update will notice and at 8 times it will take an hour which will certainly get you grabbed.

Of all the things I think flexibility is essential on, attacking your own alliance is not as much one of them. I prefer it to an alternative, but if this is actually an issue (which I am doubtful of) that would be a potential fix.

I don't like the inability to change tags on the alliance server. I don't really like it in team but it sort of makes more sense to me there...

or maybe something like no attacking within the same tag and if you detag, you have to wait 24 hours before retagging into the same tag. you can tag into a different tag instantly.
formerly Viola MD

Dec 2nd 2010, 20:42:52

no hitting in the same tag?
so, you mean i'd have to get somebody outside the tag to hit me to knock me into DRs?

Marshal Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 21:24:25

no detagging,+no hitting on alliance-mates=1 idiot can screw whole tag.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Fooglmog Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 21:30:52

These seem like terribly complicated solutions to what is primarily a theoretical problem.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

Dec 2nd 2010, 22:34:22

it's not theoretical that some clans drop members to improve their average NW.
why drop inactive members?
can't you recruit people who are going to be active enough to log into a country every other day?

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 3rd 2010, 0:45:40

Meh who cares if they want to drop members let them. Personally though if you can't play 5 min a day and finish 100M NW you need to quit this game because you suck :p

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 3rd 2010, 9:32:29

whee. yet another netter pushing noob's out the game.

Detagging of inactive members is pretty much an aspect of every game that has clan play.... i see no problem with it.

And foog, the problem doesnt even exist. Some people just make up poblems to help them finish higher...
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Dec 3rd 2010, 13:51:49

What a stupid thread as well.

Why should you take the power away from the alliance on who they want in there alliance?? Its there decision on who to have tagged and who not to have tagged.

Restricting hitting between clan mates would also eliminate many different strategies played in this game.

Seriously...if you dont like intra clan farming, or any other policies of ANW, war the clan over it.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

BlackMamba Game profile

Dec 4th 2010, 0:12:19

Interalliance farming pretty much defeats the purpose of having any average networth ranking at all.

Might as well have half the members farm half of the alliance, then detag the "inactives" and have double your average networth while winning avg networth every reset.

I don't see why dead countries are included and no de-tagging exists in team server if your not going to do in alliance server.

BlackMamba Game profile

Dec 4th 2010, 0:13:28

Originally posted by Fooglmog:
These seem like terribly complicated solutions to what is primarily a theoretical problem.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

If it's so complicated, how is it already implemented on team the team server for the past year?

BlackMamba Game profile

Dec 4th 2010, 0:17:30

Originally posted by Marshal:
no detagging,+no hitting on alliance-mates=1 idiot can screw whole tag.

Solution to that is pretty simple, allow people to kill their own members with gs/br'ings/missles/etc, just no Standard strikes and planned strikes.

After they are killed, they are out on their own upon death. But their old country would count as zero networth.

Also for the whole detagging thing, since it's an alliance, shouldn't you be vetting people you allow in your membership?

aponic Game profile

Dec 4th 2010, 1:55:32

Although it was not the point of BlackMamba's thread, I think it would make more sense to simply not allow countries to hit after they have changed tags for 24 hours. This would give alliance interested in killing the newly detagged in the first 24 hours without threat of suiciding.

I personally don't care if people farm within their tag as it is not currently a problem.
SOF
Cerevisi

diez Game profile

Dec 4th 2010, 9:55:13

- you can't do a SS/PS against countries in your own tag
- once you tag up, you can't detag from the tag until the end of the set

sounds good enough