Verified:

jaabaa Game profile

Jan 4th 2011, 18:28:34

I really liked it.

dantzig Game profile

Jan 4th 2011, 18:39:02

Try out some of the other bonuses and you might learn to like them, too. The exploration rate, building cost, and reduced expenses bonuses can be incredibly effective. The level 3 building cost bonus is -40% building costs and it works with batch building! (I spend most of my bonus points on this bonus.) -50% expenses for 10 turns is a good choice near the end of the game when your expenses start to approach your production. Sprinkle in the production bonuses and attack str bonus as beneficial.
FoG

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 9th 2011, 22:02:39

It would be nice if they kept the option for bonus turns, but cap how many times you can use it, perhaps depending on what server, but like for alliance, have a limit of 30 uses (with 2 turns a piece). That way, there is more strategy for when you might want to use bonus turns and some batch bonus (like exploring or building) or even if you're just stocking turns or in the beginning of the set have less use of the other bonuses.

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 9th 2011, 22:12:35

most new bonuses are better than 2 turns if used strategically.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 9th 2011, 22:23:00

I really doubt that zarcon. Dantzig made a pretty good post about this in the strategy room, and the way the bonuses scale makes them worse than strategically using bonus turns (there are exceptions, but like I said, using bonus turns with explore bonus is even better).

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 9th 2011, 22:42:08

the admins want to introduce more methods of getting bonus points. gaining extra turns is a very boring way to do that.

If used strategically, the bonuses are a lot better than turns. just because a bonus has 3 levels doesn't mean you have to use all 3.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 9th 2011, 22:54:56

Is there a way to only use the level 1 of bonuses, because I'd love to hear it if there is.

Or if you have time to enlighten me on how they are a lot better, that'd be great too.

There are a few good ones; I've mentioned that, but for the most part the production bonuses are subpar, and I don't see how the typical farmer/casher/indy really benefits more from some strategic use, especially as there are few that truly apply to specialized strategies and the best are capped off.

I'm just suggesting that if you keep the 2 bonus turns, but have them at a cap as well, it increases the options you have and would increase the strategy necessary.

If you can't give me some type of specific example, then I really don't know what more you're adding to the conversation by saying "use it strategically." If it's a huge secret that you want to keep to yourself, fine, but I don't see how returning bonus turns with a limit decreases the strategy that the developers wanted to add to the game.

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 10th 2011, 9:03:08

two turns bonus was too strong. sure, putting a max use on them is great.

In regards to the poduction based bonuses, they are good. they're not meant to be the norm to a: login, b: get bonus points, c:get uber l33t prod bonus, d:use turns. every day, that'd be as boring as 2 free turns. not much more there can be said than to use each applicable bonus in a strategic bonus.

If turns bonus was brought back, i'd push for a limit on how often it could be used and/or have it have the same lvl'n as other bonuses(meaning after a few uses, it would cost a lot more to get them).
-iZarcon
EE Developer

Link Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 4:40:21

bring back turns pleez
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV