Verified:

llaar Game profile

Nov 6th 2010, 1:41:32

why cant you hit a larger opponent? since damage dealt is proportional to your size with attacks, small cant really hurt large anyway, except for in a kill run

this would let restarts hit in war, when otherwise they can't do anything. if a target is broken down and has less than 1000 troops and 5 people can't break the target, even though they have 100,000 troops each, but aren't "large enough" NW-wise... thats kinda lame...

Vic Rattlehead Game profile

Nov 6th 2010, 2:10:40

Yes, this makes very little sense. Also, it caused me to botch a KR just now, but I got saved by a timely appearance.
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

Fooglmog Game profile

Nov 6th 2010, 2:39:40

I don't disagree with you llaar, but you can't just eliminate "upward humanitarians". To do so would open a dynamic in this game which is begging to be abused. You know too much about this game not to realize that -- despite your comment that proportional damage would make such abuse a non-factor.

"Upward humanitarians" exist to balance "downward humanitarians". To prevent one-way only attacks.

If you actually want this changed, make a proposal that provides the desired effect of "downward humanitarians" (or eliminates the need for it) but doesn't cause the undesirable side-effect.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 6th 2010, 3:25:42

Any situation where someone can attack you but you can't attack them back is bad. we're trying to grow the game.

If anything, you should be arguing for some kind of ability to "declare war" on an alliance, which could remove humanitarians entirely.... that's an idea I would discuss :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Fooglmog Game profile

Nov 6th 2010, 3:32:16

Meh... I think alliance war declarations are one option Pang, it's certainly not the only one, and I have yet to be convinced that it's the best one.

But it is one proposal that llaar could have made to address the issue he has without undermining the benefits upward humanitarians offer to the game. Better than "just get rid of them, it's not like little countries can hurt big ones anyway" at any rate.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 6th 2010, 4:08:19

CM's on T10 theo's
Finally did the signature thing.