Verified:

Mister Ed Game profile

Sep 22nd 2017, 11:31:56

Get rid of GDI and all aspects of it in the game in every server. I'm tired of being sneak attacked and when I try to retail against the offender I get a message that GDI authority won't let me. This has been a problem for years, it sucks, please get rid of it.

Joey- Game profile

Sep 22nd 2017, 13:30:19

I dont agree and have never had that issue.

DruncK Game profile

Sep 22nd 2017, 17:36:20

Depends on the sever Joey

Marshal Game profile

Sep 22nd 2017, 19:17:54

it was in plans that if you get attacked then you could retal even if gdi/humas would prevent it.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Joey- Game profile

Sep 22nd 2017, 20:51:05

for me AT only so i'm only talking abt that.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Sep 24th 2017, 0:59:17

GDI is great, at least the type used in primary and express. It would not work in any server with tags I think, though it might be good for tournament.

Mister Ed if you are in express and primary and can't hit back because of GDI its because you are using the wrong attack and have not read how GDI works. If you are in tournament and can't hit back its just to declare war.

Mister Ed Game profile

Sep 27th 2017, 10:33:23

Originally posted by Joey-:
Originally posted by Marshal:
it was in plans that if you get attacked then you could retal even if gdi/humas would prevent it.
well I'm in primary server and it happened again today

Mister Ed Game profile

Sep 27th 2017, 10:34:30

Originally posted by Joey-:
Originally posted by Marshal:
well I'm in primary server and it happened again today
Originally posted by Gerdler:
GDI is great, at least the type used in primary and express. It would not work in any server with tags I think, though it might be good for tournament.

Mister Ed if you are in express and primary and can't hit back because of GDI its because you are using the wrong attack and have not read how GDI works. If you are in tournament and can't hit back its just to declare war.
I'm in primary and when I try to declare war it says an error has occured

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Sep 27th 2017, 11:26:32

yes you are in primary, so read how GDI is supposed to work there. I said in tournament you can avoid it by declaring war, not in primary or express.

GDI in primary and express works the same way so it's a good investment to actually read the text and learn what GDI does so you can use it to your advantage instead of having it used against you only. Go to main menu and press GDI, then read. You can do the same on tournament as GDI there has another function.

Mister Ed Game profile

Sep 28th 2017, 22:49:05

Originally posted by Gerdler:
yes you are in primary, so read how GDI is supposed to work there. I said in tournament you can avoid it by declaring war, not in primary or express.

GDI in primary and express works the same way so it's a good investment to actually read the text and learn what GDI does so you can use it to your advantage instead of having it used against you only. Go to main menu and press GDI, then read. You can do the same on tournament as GDI there has another function.
regardless of "GDI" And independent of "GDI". Why does attempting to utilize the "Declare War" feature result in an error message?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Sep 29th 2017, 14:56:21

It's an appendix.

Declare war can counter the effects of GDI in tournament. Not in primary or express.

drkprinc Game profile

Sep 29th 2017, 17:21:54

the game returns the error because the declare war function is not available for the country you are declaring on, the option is there but when it is invalidated you get the error.

you can declare war only when someone has offensively attacked your country 2x or more, attacks/offensive ops

outside GDI you cannot declare on someone in GDI unless they have done what I just stated above.

In tournament declare war is available to any country in your humanitarian range.
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Mister Ed Game profile

Sep 30th 2017, 20:38:57

Well we are in the "Bugs and Suggestions" forum. So again, my "suggestion" is to rid the primary server of GDI and just let it hit the fan.

Zorp Game profile

Oct 1st 2017, 2:54:39

You won't be finding much support for that.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 1st 2017, 22:09:43

If GDI is removed from those two servers they will be pretty much useless to play with all the suiciders who got nothing better to do than suicide anyone who is better than them.

If you want to destroy another player do it with landgrabs, if you are not good enough for that, get better.

Primary(1b) was without this type of GDI before and theres a reason it is like this now.

Mister Ed Game profile

Oct 2nd 2017, 1:38:24

829130]You won't be finding much support for that. [/quote]
With some of the cowards I've seen play-I don't doubt that your assessment is correct.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 2nd 2017, 18:54:55

If you wish to suicide someone over 1 landgrab or less, you are the cause for this GDI.

My advise stands, learn to play better and learn to use GDI to your advantage instead of complaining about it.

It's 2 servers out of 6, playing another server would also work I guess. Tournament is great for example.

The purpose of GDI is to let people make the choice to landgrab someone once and not fear a rain of artilleri and or missiles that would ruin 2 months of play and also reduce the farming on these players as most people will only hit you once. Thats part of why primary has almost only PSs as landgrabs, because people want to make them worthwhile, the few hits they make. Really bad players that don't have a hope of retalling any way will be farmed anyway but they should try to get better by specializing, buying tech and/or learning to use a tech phase start as well as trying to find defence allies and other allies to make grabbing them harder.

GDI does not make or break a player, I have won FFA without GDI and tournament with another type of GDI, and also both primary and express and I have two second places in team server in 2 netting sets total. Call me a coward but I use whatever type of rules specific to the server I play as best I can. If you don't that is a choice you make and obviously it does not work out well for you since you are complaining. It's easier for you to change than try to make the world change to better suit you.

Zorp Game profile

Oct 2nd 2017, 21:28:04

But Gerdler, I thought a tech phase is inferior :P

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 2nd 2017, 21:44:38

Well tournament and primary can be difficult to stay defended while getting your techs up. Tech phase is always inferior to a good cash start for casher or a good indy start for indy. but the line between buying too much defence to get techs fast enough and buying too little and getting farmed is quite thin and takes some experience in finding. A tech start does not have this problem, it is just inherently turn-inefficent. But on the other hand very reliable. Great for nubs. :P

jrtodd123

Dec 26th 2017, 18:23:00

hi
jt

clintonista Game profile

Jan 16th 2018, 19:35:51

Express was once complex, challenging and fun.

Unfortunately, cheaters abound and one site was closed because of them. This site started up and the cheaters flourished. We had numerous posts from the admins warning that if the cheating persisted, they would close the site. The solution was the threefold mix of GDI, hacking the cheaters' web site and limiting spy ops. The general consensus is that if you made the game complex again by stripping away GDI, the cheaters would thrive once more. My personal view is that limiting the spy ops to 120 a day was unnecessary and diminished the game. Somewhere along the line, techers shoved through the despicable rule change that you can not commit espionage against GDI countries. These rule changes have reduced the once vibrant Express server to a shadow of its glory days.

If one could develop a rule set which stopped cheating and at the same time restored the complexity of the game, he would have the gratitude of the most of the community. Bear in mind there are people who like the Express server simple, simple, simple.