Verified:

Rockman Game profile

Dec 5th 2010, 15:52:07

What's the harm in this? The TMBR strategy needs a lot of help to become a valid strategy earlier on in sets, and once netters run out of stockpile, it will be balanced out by the huge influx of military being sent to the public market.

And on another note, the earth empires wiki appears to have been taken over by noobs (I removed a Communist techer strategy from there), but one thing I noticed is that in two places, it said that military bases ONLY reduce military upkeep costs for the first 29.5% of your land, and then only once you've built nearly 30% of your land as military bases, do they actually have an effect on private market prices.

I'm hoping that the earth empires wiki was wrong, and that it was just some idiot who doesn't understand the game that put in the bad information. If that's the case, I suggest that at a minimum, the formulas section of the earth empires wiki be non-editable except by the game administrators. There also should be some method of editing on the strategies section to keep strategies like Communist Techer out of there.

For someone like me returning after a long break - thats the site I get sent to when looking to see what has changed about the game. And I really hate having to sort through false information spread by nubs when trying to find out what has actually changed.

P.S. If Communist Techer is a viable strategy, then I apologize and formally acknowledge my current nubness.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 5th 2010, 15:59:00

If you want to be a Communist techer it sure is :p

I'd agree with this as TMBR as an early game strategy isn't doable as military prices early on are very low making profits razor thin. The TMBR has became just a end of game strategy. I'd like to see it opened up a bit.

Oh and rockman I'd suggest reading the announcements section for the updates. Quite a few things have changed some of the biggest being that military tech increases the private market sell price and there is no more 2 billion limit for cash on hand, however there is "Corruption" for any amount over 2 billion.

diez Game profile

Dec 5th 2010, 16:01:42

on a side note, military tech does also increase your PM sell price nowadays :D

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 6th 2010, 0:00:26

Hey Rockman;

Yea a fair bit of that info is not correct yet; Eventually we will probably protect them, but the idea was to first get things fleshed out to start, given we've been busy lately...
Finally did the signature thing.

Detmer Game profile

Dec 6th 2010, 15:18:46

Originally posted by Rockman:

it said that military bases ONLY reduce military upkeep costs for the first 29.5% of your land,

Correct

and then only once you've built nearly 30% of your land as military bases, do they actually have an effect on private market prices.

Incorrect