Verified:

chapman951 Game profile

Oct 24th 2017, 22:23:33

When you go to Iraq, and you die, you do not come back home.
When you go to EE2025, and you die, you get to respawn.

To add some more realism to this game, is it possible to restrict how many times you can recreate a country per set?

This suggestion would have major implications during times of war. Clan kills would be possible.

I am interested in other peoples thought and opinions.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 24th 2017, 23:17:54

It is interesting in a way but then you'd have to make kills like almost impossible to balance it out.

Perhaps put attack type specifiic DR to special attacks that makes GS kills take like 500 hits and BR kills too. That would make the hybrid kill take like half the hits and thereby make war more about economy than before.

If you then remove the DR if a turn is taken or a purchase is made you will also reduce the power of walling which would be a very good change for the game.

But your suggestion in itself is a bad one unless it's accompained by other changes.

Also you gotta think about the implications of someone maybe dying and not getting to play for 40 days. How many will forget to come back? how many will develop new habits in that time?

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Oct 24th 2017, 23:57:21

I think anything that limits a players ability to simply login and play the game is bad

sinistril Game profile

Oct 25th 2017, 0:12:01

How about after 1 death you get placed in another server, a kind of purgatory... :P
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Zorp Game profile

Oct 25th 2017, 4:51:02

It would be easier to just get rid of the restart bonus, though I don't really advocate for that either.

drkprinc Game profile

Oct 25th 2017, 4:58:21

why not just remove the war room >.>
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

sinistril Game profile

Oct 25th 2017, 6:22:32

Originally posted by Zorp:
It would be easier to just get rid of the restart bonus, though I don't really advocate for that either.

Going to purgatory would be way cooler. It'd be like Inception. The deeper you get in it the harder it'd be to get out and eventually you'd not be able to tell if you're in the real server or not. Eventually when you got to a deep enough level you'd find ppl like macdaddy waiting.
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Marshal Game profile

Oct 25th 2017, 13:41:32

Originally posted by Primeval:
I think anything that limits a players ability to simply login and play the game is bad

yep, die 3 times during 1st month and then twiddle thumbs next 30+ days. not rly encouraging to play.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

DancingBear Game profile

Oct 26th 2017, 0:07:08

purgatory ... clawing your way back?

i don't have a dog in this fight, but just running with the idea, for my bonus ...

perhaps after the 3rd death, you are stopped out, but can win your way back to your prime game with glory by playing well in express? that is you get the option to restart in express with the same name and a visible flag indicating that you are a purgatory player. if you finish express in top-10, you are restarted in your prime game at your best stats with some turn bonuses; if you finish 11-25, you get a normal restart; below 25, you get another chance in purgatory, that is, you can play the next round of express and hope to do better and get back into your prime game

this would also shake up express - many extra motivated players poping in -plus mixed agendas within express - the idea makes me smile

btw, this post is only for fun, please don't take it too seriously

:)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 26th 2017, 6:40:11

I like this purgatory Idea... make it like express and if you win it you get to restart. so all the restarts compete over getting to restart, haha.

DancingBear Game profile

Oct 26th 2017, 11:17:51

ahhhh .... purgatory express .... if it ran at 1 turn / min and you started at something like 360 (0) turns, you could run the purgatory set every 24 hrs, so no waiting around for anything!!! ... again, top finishers get a bonus and only top fraction get a restart - maybe top half as per tourney?

the sets would rock -- motivated players would be awake around the clock -- it would generate helalth and relationship problems for those working hard to get out -- but you could take a break if you knew you weren't going to make it out, get some sleep and wake up to an alarm the next day when the next round of purgatory express begins ...

purgatory express might then resemble a genuine purgatory for some players

i even suspect that implementationally, this one might be relatively easy to actually do

if anyone fancies it

cheers!

:D

DancingBear Game profile

Oct 26th 2017, 11:32:37

i just can't help myself ...

whole new tactics and strategies might develop

some clans might even "send" some of their players to purgatory to persue and harass some key opposition players - to hold them in purgatory to secure an advatage in prime - and to make sure they are sufficiently punished ...

obviously, there would be wars in purgatory, but if it were run as a solo server with the need to build nw to get out, the kinds and timing of hostlities would be, uh, different

anyway, my speculations are just running wild - i apologize for the bandwidth

;)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 28th 2017, 9:14:02

No, I like it a lot.

If you fail at purgatory you get the option to restart without restart bonus or try again to purgatory to get full restart bonuses. So you dont just get stuck there, but you have to do one round of it so that kills matter. Maybe if you are the first loser in purgatory you get half restart bonus.

You could also make it a king of the hill server, with the top country "moved up"(well the player, not the country) to the main server after leading for like X hours. So you'll make a judgement call when to jump and try to hold the lead, and people from the opposition will try and take you down or jump past you.

We are doing good work here DancingBear!!!1 :P

DruncK Game profile

Dec 9th 2017, 15:56:21

I dig it. To bypass you could pay a small fee to QZ

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance & FFA

Dec 10th 2017, 8:16:20

i didnt read anything above but i think if you die, you get restart bonuses. then if you die again and you are under your original NW, then you start over.

if you are bigger NW than your original country and get killed, then you get restart bonuses.

Now that i just typed that out, that doesnt solve suicider problem since they get bigger.
----------------------
So perhaps just die, restart bonuses, die again = no bonuses.

rinse and repeat.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 23rd 2017, 14:13:50

If second kill removed restart bonuses then there would be a case for killing first restarts in war before originals and perhaps we can get rid of this useless pursuit for tag kill once and for all.

major Game profile

Dec 25th 2017, 16:47:56

how bout we don't change anything???? no need to think too much, aside from ideas that increase activity, not hinder it.

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance & FFA

Jan 16th 2018, 14:17:44

Think of it this way as in a FPS shooter game. I dont think this game was meant to be an infinite life respawn type of game like COD. I also don't think it should be PUBG one and done. The sweet spot IMO is like a side scroller where you get 2 lives or so, and when you are out of continues you restart the game from scratch.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

DruncK Game profile

Jan 16th 2018, 21:37:03

2nd death should be no bonus for sho.

Also there should be SOME type of bonus for the kill shot.

JIM_DANGER Game profile

Jan 25th 2018, 1:59:57

OMG, THE RESTARTS FOR BOTH SIDES WOULD LITERALLY BE WARRING ONE ANOTHER IN PURGATORY FOR THE RIGHT TO RESTART BACK IN THE WAR ON EARTH. WE HAVE ACTUALY SAT DOWN AND CREATED THE 9TH LEVEL OF HELL RIGHT HERE IN BUGS & SUGGESTIONS. THIS IS SOME FINE WORK GENTLEMEN.

JIM_DANGER
PROBABLY ALREADY IN HELL
GATEKEEPER, THE MIGHTY CLAN |GEHENNA|

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 25th 2018, 7:34:19

I'm just here cuz I saw JIM_DANGER posted.

But seriously. Kill the restart bonus. Only benefits suiciders. Netters don't die and wardogs get FA.

beerdrinker75 Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 25th 2018, 12:58:19

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
I'm just here cuz I saw JIM_DANGER posted.

But seriously. Kill the restart bonus. Only benefits suiciders. Netters don't die and wardogs get FA.

This
Just shut up and have another beer

Riddler Game profile

Jan 26th 2018, 21:13:35

would cut down on suiciders i think

Marshal Game profile

Jan 26th 2018, 21:57:48

not rly, they'd do normal climbing up unless no restarting after death x.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Hunter

Feb 18th 2018, 14:35:32

I think three restarts per set is good. My reasoning is that if somebody is new to the server it gives them the chance to learn as opposed to getting wiped in a couple weeks and then losing interest waiting for the next set. But still severely limits the Suiciders on server.

Viceroy Game profile

Feb 18th 2018, 18:26:58

Anything that prevents a player from playing a country is bad for this game. This is how you lose players.

Originally posted by JIM_DANGER:
WE HAVE ACTUALY SAT DOWN AND CREATED THE 9TH LEVEL OF HELL RIGHT HERE IN BUGS & SUGGESTIONS.

No, they created purgatory. You're confusing it with the Team Server.
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.