Verified:

NOW3P Game profile

Jan 17th 2011, 19:24:23

Maybe it's just me that has this problem, but I tend to forget what build/set up I have with each of my countries...but if others had that problem, I had an idea that might be helpful.

Would it be possible to build a server "Peek" screen to allow you to see some basic info on your country like land, gov't, cash on hand, etc?

The other thing I was thinking this might be helpful for is keeping stock from sitting at home for too long while folks wait for 12 and 18 hr bonuses. I know I would happily give up 3 or 6 turns to put the 150mil bushels back on the market that just happened to came home 20 minutes after I logged out.

It wouldn't even have to be anything too complex...maybe even just a comment tag like what's used to do a peek of thread text here in the forums.

worthwhile?

dantzig Game profile

Jan 17th 2011, 19:36:46

Sort of like what you're shown when logging in with the mobile interface? I would like to have access to that same info when logging in from a computer!
FoG

Ozzite Game profile

Jan 17th 2011, 19:45:04

Or just have a mainffa screen style login, but there will only be 1 country there...
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 17th 2011, 19:56:26

Sounds like a nice feature for Patron.

NOW3P Game profile

Jan 17th 2011, 20:04:48

Ooh! I like that Tertius!

Ozz - sounds too complex for just some basic info to check if a log in is needed or not, but I would definitely be happy with that.

Ozzite Game profile

Jan 17th 2011, 20:08:52

Originally posted by dantzig:
Sort of like what you're shown when logging in with the mobile interface? I would like to have access to that same info when logging in from a computer!

You can always just direct your browser to:

http://m.earthempires.com/

NOW3P Game profile

Jan 17th 2011, 20:27:01

you can always direct your lips to my arse! :-P

//runs//

highrock Game profile

Jan 17th 2011, 20:48:18

i don't get it...the mobile portal page only has rank, land, NW, and last played time...none of that info is useful for what the original question asked and i can get all that info from eestats or something. i second the mainffa screen page with 1 country idea.
formerly Viola MD

NOW3P Game profile

Jan 17th 2011, 21:22:29

I was actually thinking even simpler than a new screen.

Maybe even just using <comment> tags on the "Play Your Country" link with 4 pieces of info:

- Gov't
- Cash on hand
- Bushels on hand
- Turns

Ozzite Game profile

Jan 17th 2011, 21:31:29

Originally posted by highrock:
i don't get it...the mobile portal page only has rank, land, NW, and last played time...none of that info is useful for what the original question asked and i can get all that info from eestats or something. i second the mainffa screen page with 1 country idea.

I never said it was, but:

dantzig did

douche

highrock Game profile

Jan 17th 2011, 21:43:59

Originally posted by Ozzite:
Originally posted by highrock:

I never said it was, but:

dantzig did

douche

wasn't responding to you...
formerly Viola MD

Ozzite Game profile

Jan 17th 2011, 22:18:41

I BLAME NOW3P

dantzig Game profile

Jan 17th 2011, 22:48:21

Well the mobile login page gives you more info than the regular one and if you're <top 10 in tourney, it gives you information that you can't otherwise access without logging in.

A dashboard of all of your countries with name, gov't, NW, land, $$$, and bushels would be really nice to have but part of me thinks you should have to log in and lose your 12/18 hour bonus if you're so antsy about goods selling.
FoG

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 18th 2011, 4:49:57

Or you could just see if your networth has changed as much as your goods selling would account for on eestats or boxcar? Bushels on hand would be the biggest bonus to "peek" at.

NOW3P Game profile

Jan 18th 2011, 7:31:53

I am going to bite my tongue about a pre-made tool that would do this pretty easily, as it might rub some folks the wrong way :-P

*peeks at Ozzite's bushel*

NOW3P Game profile

Jan 20th 2011, 2:23:38

bump!

NOW3P Game profile

Jan 20th 2011, 2:49:14

Ok - another thought on this

Instead of a new screen or some sort of a peek function, what about just putting some conditional formatting on "Play Your Country" on each of the logins (kinda like the conditional formatting on cash/bushels/mil in FFA portal?

It could go green if you don't have > X bushels/cash on hand, red if you do, and orange if you are nearing full turns + full stored?

I dunno, just a thought.