Verified:

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 13th 2010, 23:29:03

So I've been thinking occasionally about this...

Would it be a Bad Thing(TM) if we let people set say up to 10 attacks (like spyops) in a row?

I look at the stats for the number of times pages are hit, and the war/attack screen is pretty damned high up there; technically it would save some resources to make them go all at once in a single page...

But I don't know what people would think that would affect... I'm not really a hardcore war sort of person, but I imagine the main effects would be on stonewalling heh....

Also, we're not actually considering this atm, this is merely my *personal* enquiry just to get an idea if I should even think about it at all.
Finally did the signature thing.

dantzig Game profile

Dec 13th 2010, 23:32:06

It might be handy for kill runs or suiciders. I don't think it would hurt anything since you can already easily attack someone repeatedly by clicking back and re-submitting the attack confirmation. Of course it might encourage new player to think that repeatedly attacking others is a Good Idea(R).
FoG

PraetorNLS Game profile

Dec 13th 2010, 23:59:34

It would effect rushing/walling , two rapid clicks gets out 20 hits instead of 2..
make it 5-10 members doing that, and walling is extint
Praetor - disqualified from the human race for being three laps ahead in the second round.

Ozzite Game profile

Dec 14th 2010, 0:07:14

This would be really unfair during warring methinks
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 14th 2010, 0:11:24

same here.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

Marshal Game profile

Dec 14th 2010, 19:50:40

its not too hard to click attack button and go previous page as many times as needed and lower break if needed.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 14th 2010, 19:55:48

Praetor: except you'd run out of readiness pretty quickly...

I agree it would be faster; probably 5x faster than back & forth... you think that would really prevent walling completely?
Finally did the signature thing.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Dec 14th 2010, 19:56:32

not that i've really checked recently, but i think that i used to have to adjust break every 3-4 attacks to keep it optimum, assuming that they weren't online.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

NOW3P Game profile

Dec 15th 2010, 4:18:01

Couple upsides:

1. Less queries/data exchange to server
2. Easier war set up
3. If a "if bounce" statement could be put in, it could save some wasted turns on speed hitting

Couple downsides:

1. Unfair advantage to hitter in killing (walling would be virtually impossible, unless there was a .refresh command inserted to make them not instant).
2. readiness management would be awfully difficult, and could be thrown off by rounded #'s of hits
3. Could potentially create 10 bounced hits if target bought up between spy op and hits being sent, instead of just one (see "if bounce" comment)

Couple thoughts in general:

1. Not a fan of the idea overall. I think it takes the level of automation a bit too far for my taste. I personally enjoy spamming hits, and know that if you know what you're doing sending hits quickly is quite easily.

2. It would be nice to cut down on DB connections, but I'm not sure if this is a good way to do it due to the dynamic nature of war.

3. IF this were to be implemented, I would suggest a max of 5 hits to allow for a little bit better readiness management. Another option would be to allow the user to designate the number of hits to be made - so for example, I could select 18 hits for a tyr to run readiness to %25.

4. As an alternative, would it be possible to create an ajax interface which syncs to the DB say every 5th hit and registers unit loss/gain internally instead, and then verifies synchronized elements with the DB after 5 hits? This would cut down on db exchanges, and speed up page load times locally for the user.

In the context of walling/warring, a few things to consider:

1. 10 hitters with full readiness and enough turns can turn out 180 hits by each clicking 1x. This means that you can essentially kill a country by the killing alliance making 10 clicks.

2. Although readiness management becomes an issue, most govt's would be able to run through at least 2 cycles of 10 before losing readiness to the point where hitting is no longer possible. Again, this means 5-10 countries can kill in a matter of 3-5 seconds.

3. In terms of walling, the average waller is 50-100 hits from death when a clan considers a rush kill. This means that, once again, if a clan has 5 members online with full readiness and enough turns, a rush kill would be able to be completed in the time it takes to make 2 mouse clicks (assuming good coordination, of course). IMO, this would completely disallow the most effective portion of walling - rolling pop wall - as once your pop gets down low enough, you are essentially less than 20 clicks by 10 users from dead

Edited By: NOW3P on Dec 15th 2010, 4:24:02
See Original Post