Verified:

CrisX1

Oct 26th 2010, 16:43:18

i got one which i think could be very helpful

instead you pull out all of the goods you have when you click "recall goods" you can choose one type of good in that certain price to pull out

there are some goods you dont wanna pull out but you have no choose cause a certain good needs to be taken out and repriced asap.

hope this one gets approved.
ICN- Alliance Server

Fooglmog Game profile

Oct 26th 2010, 18:10:32

That's intentional Cris.

The recall goods option was implemented to allow players to correct errors and respond to emergencies... it was not meant to become a regular part of play. Part of the safe-guards to stop the feature being abused is the fact that it recalls all your goods on the market and you can't select individually.

We all know that you want to be able to recall goods individually. We don't want you to though, because it would make the recall goods option even more of an over-powered feature than it already is. Frankly, I'm still upset with the admins for not having put a time-delay on returned goods. If that existed, it may be possible to recall goods individually, but until the admins see the need -- it would be a really bad idea to institute this.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

CrisX1

Oct 26th 2010, 19:07:48

Well you wouldn't want it but i would.

I mean , lets say you got 100m bushels stock, and you have this certain good that wasn't sold and you know it won't get sold cause the market is dropping, so it would be more practical i think to pull out just that certain good rather than pulling out also your stock.

Was just suggesting anyways. I personally think it would help depending on how you play this game, but everyone has its own opinion , I surely respect yours too.
ICN- Alliance Server

Fooglmog Game profile

Oct 26th 2010, 21:19:21

I didn't say it wouldn't help you. I understand that it's a feature that would allow many players to achieve a higher final NW.

But the ability to understand the ebbs and flows of the market is one of the skills of this game. Your suggestion makes that skill much less valuable. As a result, the difference in finishes between the truly brilliant players and those who merely follow codified strategies would be compressed.

This is an issue that was discussed ad nauseum when the recall goods feature was first implemented. The strong majority opinion was that making the feature more powerful than it currently is would be detrimental to the game. Many believe it's too powerful as it stands. I don't say this to discourage you from expressing your opinion, but rather so that you enter this discussion forewarned that it is not a hereto unthought of possibility -- rather it is a much discussed topic upon which many people have strong opinions.

If you wish for your suggestion to get anything but a cursory glance from most members of this community, you will need to present a detailed argument listing its advantages, an acknowledgement of the disadvantages (and ways of mitigating them) as well as a justification for why you believe the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. Without doing that, your opinion on this subject is likely to be discounted on the assumption that you saw a feature that would be of benefit to you in some circumstances, but gave no thought to its implications throughout the game as a whole.

If you truly wish to push for this change, I wish you luck. I will almost certainly be among those disagreeing with you. You won't convert me, however, if you argue well you may convince some players that this change would be good. If you convince enough, you may even be able to convince the admins to reopen the issue in general and institute this change.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

CrisX1

Oct 27th 2010, 4:53:03

Its plain and simple.

No complicated analysis really for it, not sure why people even think it is as a bit too powerful already, all people would want is to able to pull out a certain goods that is stuck, in which it is needed to be repriced at a lower price cause of sudden market changes and not affect those already selling and stocks you have in the market. There are just times when despite your experience you end up pricing it in a not so competitive price due to some factors.

But since this thing as you said was already discussed I'm willing to just slide away , all I wanted was just to express what I think would be helpful.

Good day.

Edited By: CrisX1 on Oct 27th 2010, 4:56:15
See Original Post
ICN- Alliance Server