Verified:

llaar Game profile

Oct 6th 2010, 16:07:27

for non clan servers, that would be especially great

and then when you search countries from country search it would say 'view op'

also a link to view all your ops, make everything sortable. clan servers you would see all ops your tag has made. with a history of the op too.

make it allow linking ally op to your ops so that you can spy both defense allies, and then click back onto the main spy op and it will show you the defense bonus they give the country since you have that info

NukEvil Game profile

Oct 6th 2010, 16:21:04

Something to do with spy ops, but I think that failed spy ops should be put into the regular IRC newsfeed.

Think about it: in the real world, if some guy gets caught spying, the media gets ahold of it and tells the world. If an operation comes off successfully, you normally don't hear about it.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

lincoln

Oct 7th 2010, 13:01:09

nukevil,

that suggestion would gravely increase the risks inherent in acquisitive spying. If a spy country has five successful ops against country A but fails with the same op against country B and that makes the news, country A can logically deduce that the ops against him were by the same country who failed against country B. that suggestion would essentially end acquisitive spy ops in individual servers.
FoG

mrford Game profile

Oct 7th 2010, 13:46:37

Yeah, it wouldn't be good for the great tech stealing bandit that is Gregg
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 7th 2010, 16:22:08

I like this idea however the server performance would be called into question if they are going to save all these spy ops on the game servers.

I think it would be cool to have an "export spy op" feature were you can save the file as an .RTF or .PDF and save them locally on my PC. Would just make it easier for people who are not as tech savvy and/or lazy :p

I do like the idea of the game using spy ops gained to apply other calculations for the user. I.E. if you spy on a guy and spy on all his defensive allies the game should just tell you the total combined defensive strength of that country as you have gained all the necessary info to do so.

Everything swings back around to the users of this game want more and more to be in house and not have to rely on a 3rd party site. Don't waste time building another 3rd party site but instead work on more in house features.

Also from an outsider perspective if you are completely new to this game the more that is in house the better. It can be confusing for a new person to figure out this community.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 7th 2010, 19:39:59

storing them might be possible; it's not like most people will look at them anyway....
Finally did the signature thing.

afaik Game profile

Oct 7th 2010, 20:08:03

yes just adding my support to this suggestion - store spy ops or at least give the user the option to opt-in and save them for later reference (might help reduce server space if opt-in)