Verified:

DruncK Game profile

Oct 13th 2017, 16:12:22

Private market bushels. Team saw bushels at $70 on public there is no reason the price shouldn't be able to come down to $50 with 100% tmbr on private.

Marshal Game profile

Oct 13th 2017, 19:17:06

you are ~20 years too late.

50 bucks is way too low so maybe 100 bucks. farmers would lose money since when price gets to 46+ bucks non-farmers would buy bushels from priv not from public.

Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

braden Game profile

Oct 13th 2017, 20:56:46

bushel minimum should be 3 and ceiling should be 6.
also double nws.
and lets consider removing tags.

(the most worthless part of the game, we should all be able to agree, is marshals opining on every thread made.)

DruncK Game profile

Oct 14th 2017, 15:26:09

50 is playing as TMBR, any other strategy that actually requires you to have food would be in $70+

Food should never get to $70. Also the amount of food available isn't that high.

Marshal Game profile

Oct 14th 2017, 15:41:25

why it shouldn't get to 70?

is couple million high?

DruncK Game profile

Oct 14th 2017, 16:56:16

Because if it hits 70 it means the Gerdler was right

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 14th 2017, 17:35:58

So lets establish some things here.

Farmer, casher, techer, oiler, indy and farmer/oiler are all viable strats with pros and cons right?

So what is the 'pro' of being a casher versus being a farmer?
-Well you got buildings that lose effectiveness if you are not fully specialized, that does not apply to farmer. The farmer can have indies for spies or do mass explores with very little cost to his economy. So thats a win for farmer.
-The casher needs more tech to be effective. So thats a win for farmer.
-The casher is limited by pop and PCI growth at early stages of the game, the farmer is not. We are now 3/3 for the farmer.

I guess you could argue that the decay of the farmers food is a con, but it's hardly worth mentioning as also the casher will usually play some turns with food on hand.

So that means the casher, in order to balance these cons needs to have some kind of huge income advantage once techs, buildings, pop and pci are up, right?

Well the breakeven between rep cash and fascism farmer both with lategame tech levels is around $45-46. So if you as a casher need to buy bushels higher than that for stocking, all else being equal, you choose the wrong strategy. :)

***Edit: Actually if you don't get to buy cheaper than that you lose out because of market commissions and the above mentioned cons. So you really need to get your bushels closer to 40-42 to overcome these things imo. Since all else is not equal.***

And the reason it's like this on team is most farmers do the oil destock, which means they sell neither food or oil lategame. I don't really have just one solution for it but it kinda screws up the dynamics of the game imo.

Edited By: Gerdler on Oct 14th 2017, 18:30:43
See Original Post

Marshal Game profile

Oct 14th 2017, 19:18:20

Originally posted by DruncK:
Because if it hits 70 it means the Gerdler was right

L O L !!!

anyways 50-60 bucks bushels on any alliance server isn't uncommon (last set in express farmer apparently sucked since price didn't go higher that 40 bucks (according to eestats)).

if you are fully built tmbr then why do you need to buy bushels (for more than 3-4 turns per day)?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 14th 2017, 19:50:07

Alliance is a different beast, farmers sell food on alliance because they need more cash than their tax income gives them. this is because they grab.
So that means if netters are netting, food prices stay low all set. Same with oil.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 20th 2017, 15:06:15

If food prices go too high, then change your tax rate.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.