Verified:

Ivan Game profile

Mar 25th 2018, 8:02:13

Fascs are winning every set on alliance, they dont need that extra bonus on reduced building costs

/Ivanfluff

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 25th 2018, 8:14:00

It's the overpowered oil that makes them win. they need all the bonuses they can get on non-tag servers :)

Same amount of units but for 60 oil instead of 40. That will lower the value of oil and thus nerf the fascist in servers where oil destock is in use.

OR

Make it so you burn oil for double/triple private market regeneration instead of instant units. That would put the art back into the destock!

I know slagpit balanced it for an oil price of $80, based on TMBR buying oil at that price and selling back the units on the public market. But two things he did not consider was:
1. Endgame public market prices are waaaay higher than what he balanced it for.
2. An oil destocker gets to use all his turns with low expenses which is an absurd advantage to a normal private/public market destock that takes perhaps 1-1.5 weeks.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 25th 2018, 18:46:14

This is interesting, fascists aren't worth a damn on solo as pointed out by the guy above me.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

sinistril Game profile

Mar 25th 2018, 18:55:15

The real problem is that all the balancing rules are not tailored strongly enough to individual servers. Fascists may be stronger on alliance, but weaker on other servers. Oil destocks may be strong on alliance but inefficient on other servers (I still protest that they are highly inefficient on FFA).

There needs to be balancing done to each strat and it needs to be done server by server unless the goal is to have some strats stronger on certain servers.
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 25th 2018, 19:42:12

I think its both natural and good for the game if the best strats on each server varies. The problem comes when a strategy is so dominant that it takes like 80%+ of the wins which is the case for Techers on Express and fascist hybrids on alliance.

I also slightly dislike having the best way to destock be so damned artless that you can make a ten point list of what steps to take exactly and do it every reset. Call me old fashioned but I want decisions in a destock, decisions with outcomes based on math and also assumptions that can be good or bad.

Marshal Game profile

Mar 25th 2018, 20:08:52

well devs wanted oiler to be valid strat and they succeeded in that.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

sinistril Game profile

Mar 25th 2018, 20:46:32

Well, deciding whether to oil destock or not is a decision. It can be a pretty lousy decision, too, like all decisions. I'm not against changing the way oil destocks work but I think there needs some balance. I'd also like to see what happens in this set on alliance. I mean, I'd be pretty disappointed in the techers of alliance if a fascist won out :P
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Marshal Game profile

Mar 25th 2018, 20:47:48

with current war fasc should win.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 25th 2018, 23:17:08

Or we could add a couple oiler bots?
Finally did the signature thing.

sinistril Game profile

Mar 25th 2018, 23:24:58

yes!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 26th 2018, 0:27:16

Depending on where they'll be added...
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Ivan Game profile

Mar 27th 2018, 19:59:39

Id still remove the building cost first, theres no point for it and then balance the rest else you'll end up balancing things forever