Verified:

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 15th 2018, 4:28:21

ive always been a proponent of inverting the bonuses restarts get based on number of hits walled

but heres a different suggestion

reduce the bonus's in general and provide a bonus to aid sent in FA packages instead

ideally the FA bonus would only apply to FA from the same tag which would help to reduce foreign war interference as well

even a change like fa packages sent to the same tag or only to restarts only take 1 turn would be a big change

Marshal Game profile

Sep 15th 2018, 10:08:39

restart bonuses were nerfed once before cause bonuses were so big.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 15th 2018, 11:58:56

well at first they were super broken

you kept 100% of whatever was on the market when you died i think, which combined with stockpile stealing probably made suiciding semi viable as a netting strategy

DancingBear Game profile

Sep 16th 2018, 16:23:00

The other aspect of FA is the cycle time before next FA package can be sent.

If the intention is to faccilitate a tag's pulling it's restarts back into the game faster, reducing the cycle time for FA sent to a same tag restart during first hours of a restart's new life might work. Pick your numbers, but i was thinking 6 hour cycle during first 24 hours of restart.

By getting the restarts going faster, an organiized tag makes suiciding it's members relatively less attractive and malicious out of tag FA relatively less effective.

Wouldn't it? And probably not too difficult to hack in.

*Bonus*

Marshal Game profile

Sep 16th 2018, 19:13:56

each country can send 1 fa package every 24 hrs.

DancingBear Game profile

Sep 16th 2018, 19:45:08

And my suggestion is that after sending FA to an in tag restart (duriing its first 24 hours) that the countdown timer to next FA be set at 6 hours rather than 24 hours ( i thought it was 22 hours, but it has been years since i sent FA)

:)

Marshal Game profile

Sep 16th 2018, 20:09:41

yea its 22 hrs but reducing it 6 hrs could create more troubles than it'd help since suiciders would benefit from it too.

DancingBear Game profile

Sep 16th 2018, 20:31:01

How so?

Marshal Game profile

Sep 16th 2018, 20:39:31

they'd get bigger sooner and cause havoc earlier.

DancingBear Game profile

Sep 16th 2018, 20:52:36

Who would be feeding them?

Marshal Game profile

Sep 17th 2018, 13:03:44

same sources as now or they would create multies and use those to fa 1 country.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 17th 2018, 14:06:29

if suiciders are tagging up and not dying quickly enough that they can fa eachother then at least they arnt hiding

and by joining such a tag theres no argument that they arnt valid targets

i think your assuming FA amount and time would be boosted for everyone rather than just in a tag

if a suicider is in tag and can say send 20% instead of 10% but the restart came back at half strength then maybe the 20% just gets it to parity

with the sender now at 80 instead of 90

even if the 10 got auto doubled to 20 and 10 was equal to restart nerfs theres no change

but quite often all the suiciders wont be alive to fa each other anyway

and theres plenty of ways to reduce outside interference, all out of tag fa could be public, out of tag fa could be nerfed if the recipient wasnt old enough

which could allow reps to netters unless you really wanted to fa a restart who was netting and killed

in some cases reps are paid to tags fighting who get farmed but it seems like an insignificant edge case

Namineff Game profile

Sep 17th 2018, 19:14:30

Enshula, you can't go too far towards FA. Otherwise you're forcing everyone into larger tags that it would favor. Restart bonuses need to be addressed, but not at the expenses of level gameplay between smaller tags and larger ones.
We are sp00ge...it will be messy!

trumpoz Game profile

Sep 17th 2018, 21:29:09

Restart bonus is good but overpowered how about:

Doubling CS
Some cash
Some tech
No military
Nothing that was on the market

sinistril Game profile

Sep 17th 2018, 22:06:22

Remove restart bonuses completely
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 18th 2018, 6:13:59

benefit to tag size should be linear with tag death

so if a 100 alliance loses 10 it should be equivalent to a 10 alliance losing 1

in the event of an uneven war with a smaller tag having more dying there would be some impact

but if you wanted to counter that you could tie it into a formal war system where you declare you are at war with y tag

then you being x have 10 members and y has 20, so the formal war would cause fa packages sent intra tag to have a bonus based on member disadvantage, perhaps only triggering if theirs an actual kill disadvantage and perhaps tacking account of some combo of land/nw/stock/activity

sinistril Game profile

Sep 18th 2018, 7:35:49

Originally posted by enshula:
benefit to tag size should be linear with tag death

so if a 100 alliance loses 10 it should be equivalent to a 10 alliance losing 1

in the event of an uneven war with a smaller tag having more dying there would be some impact

but if you wanted to counter that you could tie it into a formal war system where you declare you are at war with y tag

then you being x have 10 members and y has 20, so the formal war would cause fa packages sent intra tag to have a bonus based on member disadvantage, perhaps only triggering if theirs an actual kill disadvantage and perhaps tacking account of some combo of land/nw/stock/activity

That's nonsensical, no offense.
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 18th 2018, 8:13:28

the first part or the second part?

because the first part i say i dont think its a big deal and the second part is just an option to balance things out if it was

and i misspelled taking to tacking