Verified:

blid

EE Patron

Feb 20th 2014, 17:59:17

PS is 10 hours instead of 20, turn-rate is fast, so DR shouldn't be 18 hr like in the other servers. should be 12 or something.

also have we just accepted that one clan is gonna run like 5-6 tags worth of players and do whatever they want, and gonna allow that extreme abuse of the server's intended function, or are you still looking for a way to actually make team server work
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Marshal Game profile

Feb 20th 2014, 21:08:26

last time qz said something about team's future was that there are plans.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

h2orich Game profile

Feb 21st 2014, 0:59:50

alot of moderators will be required on this server if they were gonna enforce strictly on 5 man tags.

crest23 Game profile

Feb 21st 2014, 1:12:37

DR should be shorter I would think. Isn't it a 10hr PS server? Another issue averted if the game was coded, turn-based instead of time based.

You just need a mod that knows what they are doing. With the authority to delete entire teams if they are found to be coordinating.

By the way, where do I apply to mod this server? Under the above rule ofcourse.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 21st 2014, 1:15:49

I would mod the server to enforce the 5-man team rule also. I don't mind not playing there.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

braden Game profile

Feb 21st 2014, 3:43:52

Originally posted by blid:
I would mod the server to enforce the 5-man team rule also. I don't mind not playing there.

i would also. i mean, make it a triumvirate if you please, but with active moderation this server could be immensely more fun. and next to express, this is my favourite server, most people don't take it seriously at all, where all i do is take it perfectly seriously :/

you needn't not play to mod, yes? if no, then i retract my offer ;)

blid

EE Patron

Feb 21st 2014, 4:33:14

you cant mod and play the server both. you have to abstain from playing to mod.

team can still be crazy and have TSO randomly killing people. it would just be a 5-man TSO instead of a 25-man one. it would be what it's supposed to be. all it takes is some moderation

braden Game profile

Feb 21st 2014, 4:41:25

qz doesn't play a country? pang doesn't? martian doesn't?

none of them play? i assure you, i'm asking, NOT trying to make any point..

crest23 Game profile

Feb 21st 2014, 4:42:56

They play Alliance only. And they aren't mods, but for martian.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 21st 2014, 4:45:59

By the way, intentional DR abuse used to be a big problem in Express. people would have a friend put them in DR and then they'd top feed.

THAT WAS PUT AN END TO, simply by moderation.

just let someone moderate team.

the people who love to war can still war anyone and everyone, for any or no reason. they can still have their fun. they just can't gangbang people 25 on 5 or whatever they do now.

braden Game profile

Feb 21st 2014, 5:27:50

mods, game admins.. i'm guessing the latter, crest, is slightly more concerning than the former.. :(

Marshal Game profile

Feb 21st 2014, 8:53:28

Originally posted by braden:
qz doesn't play a country? pang doesn't? martian doesn't?

qz plays in alliance and in ffa (at least occasionally on latter), pang might play but doubt it, mARTIAN hasn't admitted that he plays, mods and admins have alpha-server to test things so not that necessarily need to play on live servers.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 28th 2014, 6:00:50

Also, admins don't have time to mod and code!

haha
Finally did the signature thing.

afaik Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 9:15:39

@qz, that you (collectively - the admins) don't play these servers definitely results in a noticeable lack of consideration of the effects of wide ranging game changes when they are made with 1a in mind. That isn't a criticism, i hardly have time to play more than 1 server at a time myself, but it's a valid point to consider.

I would like to reiterate xinhuan's suggestion of a panel of established players to run concepts past prior to implementation. Doesn't need to include me, but also would require a fine balance of players who have demonstrated they have the games best interests at heart rather than a specific agenda. I'd like to think that would qualify people like blid and xinhuan for consideration and i'd be happy to be in their capable hands. Any large influence from a single clan should be avoided however and this could be considered a 'reference group' (no influence in decision making, simply an advisory body)

Probably wouldn't take more effort than setting up a closed forum and inviting people. I don't see an argument against TBH.

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 28th 2014, 9:27:56

We have a closed forum with invited people... Hmm.

I do understand what you're saying and maybe this is an area we can improve on. I will say that qzjul does take the time to listen before making wide ranging game changed.

Half life wasn't intended for alliance. I don't like how as soon as a change doesn't seem good to players, we always get the complaint that all we think about is alliance server.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Feb 28th 2014, 16:58:08

I'm not opposed to adding more players to the closed forum tbh.
As far as team goes, I agree. Changing the dr half life and some other stuff would be good.
Maybe making a closed forum just to address changes in team might help as well.
imo that's the server that needs the most "help" right now.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Feb 28th 2014, 16:58:55

also regarding mods, I'm thinking of adding more to team server than the 2 we already have. I'm not sure if 3 or 5 is better (to ensure constant activity).
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

blid

EE Patron

Feb 28th 2014, 17:00:49

Thanks for all the responsiveness lately on the part of the mods/admins

afaik Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 23:36:40

yea good stuff zarcon and martian :)

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 2nd 2014, 4:52:15

Yea, mod numbers are tricky - to many and they all think somebody else will cover it; to few and it's just too much work

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 2nd 2014, 5:03:12

Also, re: player involvement, i like that idea, but I'm not sure how to avoid stackinging it with people with a vested interest in only one or two styles of play

blid

EE Patron

Mar 2nd 2014, 5:09:20

What do you think of changing the Teams half-life qzjul?

Also, in primary/tournament/anywhere else, if currently after 24 hours, 4 attacks DR becomes 0, and now after 20 hours (18*1.1), 4 attacks DR becomes 2, isn't everyone always going to be in a lot more DR?

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 2nd 2014, 6:02:20

hm it depends on the average hit rate on a country, and the timing. If they're getting 3 hits per day or less, and the last hit was more than 6 hours ago, they have less DR than they previously would, for example.

Even if they were being hit 7x per day, but the last hit was more than 18 hours ago, they're fully 1 less DR than they would previously have been.

So no.

But yea, I think changing Teams halflife could be a good idea :)

blid

EE Patron

Mar 5th 2014, 12:53:22

OK edited into something useful:

any old hit will be cleared completely after 72 hours. in Express can you lower that, because someone hit by 150 GS will otherwise be in DR for 72 hours, which is more extreme than it was before! thx

Edited By: blid on Mar 5th 2014, 17:04:04
See Original Post

masterfu Game profile

Mar 6th 2014, 12:56:55

h2orich Game profile

Mar 21st 2014, 6:45:20

CHANGING THIS?

blid

EE Patron

Mar 24th 2014, 4:34:57

also need to fix express max time :) shouldnt be 72 hours there, that's 3/5 of the round

h2orich Game profile

Mar 24th 2014, 4:55:59

Originally posted by blid:
also need to fix express max time :) shouldnt be 72 hours there, that's 3/5 of the round

I dont find this an issue anymore.

Based on our scenario of someone getting GSed 100 times on the 3rd day.(based on 125% oversend, 10 hour half life)

10 hours = 50 dr
20 hours = 25 dr
30 hours = 12.5 dr
40 hours = 6.25 dr
50 hours = 3.125 dr and so on....

By the end of 3rd day he has only spent the max 1080 turns, unless he doesnt make any more attacks he's in good DR for at least the next 40 hours. But having only to spend 1080 turns and not attack anymore wont get you anywhere near top 3. Besides, with 100 GSes on you, you'll have to spend at least 100 turns recovering.

Serpentor Game profile

Apr 28th 2014, 16:14:48

Randomize your teams every set. It'll create enough difference between alliance server and alliance junior that you won't have these problems anymore. Would be a fun randomizing factor too.
The EEVIL Empire

Grimm Game profile

Jun 11th 2014, 1:02:06

*dramatic music swells* But that sounds like [gasp] The Game That Must Not Be Named!

Belle1234 Game profile

Jul 29th 2015, 8:13:23

Important for [url=http://www.4rsgp.com/]Buy RS Gold[/url] us to know accurately what the main financial institutions are executing with their gold supplies and exactly.

But aside from that tonnage calculate, very small else is actually identified concerning the gold. http://www.4rsgp.com/

Mido19872006 Game profile

Aug 4th 2015, 20:35:03

hi

Snowies Game profile

Aug 11th 2015, 1:09:37

YO

Aug 11th 2015, 19:29:41

drkprinc Game profile

Aug 16th 2015, 20:49:04

only played team once so didn't get into this as an issue but as a constant express player DR abuse is extreme their, if ps is 2 hours dr should be same with some restraint as not everyone can play every 2 hours and could get wrecked before knowing it, so instead if they are put into DR then 2 hours later if they have played a turn that dr will evaporate quickly every 4 minutes it should drop 1 DR as on express you can recover from anything quick then have DR for defense for next 24 hours giving you 12 PS'es uncontended 60 if you are really abusing it and have nothing but jets for military.
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Aug 21st 2015, 13:02:02

hi

Aug 24th 2015, 13:26:33

hi

clintonista Game profile

Feb 2nd 2016, 15:28:30

drkprinc is right about DR in express. DR should equal PS.
I also prefer that server to all others. But 24 hour DR is at least 6x too long. Just look at landfarm. Every set, it goes into DR and plays the entire set with no defense whatsoever. That example shows how badly this rule needs to be changed. That country's exploitation of DR rules makes a mockery of the game. Another example, last set. I was in DR, went to all jets and got to 39k acres before I went to church and came back to a diminished country. Using what I learned this week from Marshal about increasing ghost acreage, I believe if I can properly exploit this rule, I can get to 50k acres. It is just a matter of getting into that outrageously long DR without getting hurt too badly in the process. If I can provoke someone into 20 or 30 GS, on Friday night, stay in DR all day Saturday while shedding turrets and buy jets for $115 Sunday morning then 50K is entirely possible. The animal part of me loves the rule. But actually for the good of the game, I realize the rule should just be changed as drkprinc suggests. Until the rule is changed, I just have to figure out how to hold on to 39k acres.

Edited By: clintonista on Feb 2nd 2016, 15:39:56
See Original Post

beerdrinker75 Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2016, 16:47:55

DR may protect against someone taking your land but it doesn't protect against BR's. You shed your turrets and you will have a parking lot. Albeit a very large one.
Just shut up and have another beer

clintonista Game profile

Feb 2nd 2016, 19:24:37

true

I am ashamed to admit it is my intent to join GDI. I do not have to worry about BR except from whomever I goaded into the GS, it is a matter of wisely choosing your antagonist.