Verified:

llaar Game profile

Jun 21st 2010, 19:40:29

a link you can give to friends, that has an id of your account, so that if someone creates an account in a server, from the link you gave them, then you get a bonus

sorta like old 'tell a friend' except that someone actually has to join to play, before you get the bonus, so you get a bonus as a direct result of a brand new player (we all know that old tell a friend was a joke, you could just add 5 fake emails of and it would work)

i know this was discussed a few months ago, in relation to facebook profiles, but this would be more easily implemented i would think and something that could be put in sooner, if it were just a link you could pass around to friends, or post on your social networking sites, aiming to get people you know, to play.

Detmer Game profile

Jun 21st 2010, 19:46:42

I always added de1i as my friend.

What sort of bonus? I was thinking this in relation to the discontinuing bonus turns... maybe this would give you ten bonus turns if they joined?

W Game profile

Jun 21st 2010, 19:49:54

have to be limited somehow....like you would store up a bank of turns, max of 6 per 18 hours, and capped at a certain amount per set?

also, if they just make an account and don't play you shouldn't get the bonus.
[9:22pm] xHx: on a fluff ton of tech
[9:22pm] xHx was kicked from the chat room by Hellcat. (Badwords Detected!)
[9:22pm] Within[SnG]: what?? fluff this
[9:22pm] You were kicked from the chat room by Hellcat. (Badwords Detected!)

llaar Game profile

Jun 21st 2010, 19:57:35

dude if someone could recruit 100 players in a reset, i think they deserve some ridiculous ingame turns for it

i wouldnt really have a problem with rewarding someone in game for greatly helping out the member base here

max of 200 turns extra in a set maybe? at something like 5 turns per player thats still like 40 new players to the game, which would be friggin impressive i think

llaar Game profile

Jun 21st 2010, 19:58:16

and yes, the person would have to play a days worth of turns, or do "something significant" in one of the servers, to allow the turn credit to the recruiter

Detmer Game profile

Jun 21st 2010, 19:59:54

There definitely has to be some limit.

There are 4320 turns in a set right? Something like that anyways. Maybe 1-2% bonus is allowable... so 43-86 bonus turns. Maybe 5 friends allowed tops (for the bonus). They create an account and you get three bonus turns each. For every 100 turns they spend you get one bonus turn which caps out at turn 1000.

llaar Game profile

Jun 21st 2010, 20:02:04

ah, bonus turns for how many turns they play.. very interesting

2nd tier bonus of 1 turn every 250 turns a recruit of your recruit plays?

make the recruiter encourage his recruit to recruit!

Detmer Game profile

Jun 21st 2010, 20:05:12

I like the vassal system ;) I see no reason not to encourage huge recruitment.

llaar Game profile

Jun 21st 2010, 20:15:06

should it extend for 2 sets of bonus's, so that the recruiter could be after them to play for 2 sets, at which point, hopefully the recruitee would be hooked. which is our goal for new players. we need them to be earth addicts too ;)

Detmer Game profile

Jun 21st 2010, 20:19:51

I like that... first set you get one every 100 turns, second set you get one every 200 turns.

Forgotten1

Jun 21st 2010, 20:20:53

Would have to monitor this heavily to prevent alliances to suddenly asks all their members to make new accounts to help push the whole alliance gaining an unfair advantage in terms of War and Netgaining.

Forgotten
ICQ 43083642
MSN

llaar Game profile

Jun 21st 2010, 20:23:07

ah nice

and maybe even for the recruits of your recruit, first set 1 turn every 250 they spend, second set, 1 turn every 500 turns (which is only 8 more turns a set that 2nd set)

Detmer Game profile

Jun 21st 2010, 20:24:42

Originally posted by Forgotten:
Would have to monitor this heavily to prevent alliances to suddenly asks all their members to make new accounts to help push the whole alliance gaining an unfair advantage in terms of War and Netgaining.

"An account has previously been created from this computer and will not create bonus turns for the referee. It is still eligible for receiving referral bonus turns."

llaar Game profile

Jun 21st 2010, 20:25:24

well, i doubt you'd get an entire alliance to create new accounts

and if they were, most people play multiple servers, they'd need multiple accounts, and most of us here are rather too lazy to do that

tracking of IP's and what clan the person plays with, could cause admins to warn members and then suspend ALL bonus for that member if they are caught abusing the system in the way you described

it would be equivalent to cheating. and especially blatant violation would result in deletion of the member

i think that would be enough of a deterrant. these mods arent the 2025 mods, i have faith :)

Forgotten1

Jun 21st 2010, 20:35:06

@ Detmer, proxies, reinstall windows, people with high levels of computer knowledge can wipe those logs.

@llaar, no offense, but of all people, you wouldn't be too 'lazy' to do anything. Considering what came out and all in the past month.

Also, suspend bonus should be all countries related to that country, the person who refered him, would lock all his bonus turns, and not give bonus to who refered him. The person who the offending country refered, would not recieve bonus either. Effectively cutting the chain.

Maybe an alliance wide penalty if more then a % of an alliance is found to have abused the new system. All countries under tag would lose out on some bonus turns, maybe a 'Wrath of God' spell removes a % of land from the whole alliance. (1%?)
Forgotten
ICQ 43083642
MSN

Detmer Game profile

Jun 21st 2010, 20:42:55

Fair point. Maybe you can also get some bonus for continuing to play so that it is not advantageous/or at least apples and oranges to make a new one. Maybe you get first access to a clan tag you were in the previous round, you get first access to reuse a country name, those things. Maybe your account can gain "Prestige" as a cumulative sum of various things like NW, attacks done, etc and listed in a hall of fame.

Forgotten1

Jun 21st 2010, 20:45:43

I really think that winning a reset allows you to pick your own Country # between, 1 and 75% of that reset's total unique members? before everyone else. (And the system would not release his country to public until the previous numbers have all been created?) Would be interesting.

Hey, some people have favorite numbers, or want a country name that says something about the number.

like, Times I have won 1A (#1351)

Forgotten
ICQ 43083642
MSN

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 21st 2010, 21:28:00

picking country numbers is impossible with the current system =/ because we need to force them to be unique even if 10000k players make at *exactly* the same time; so they need to be in order

i'd let them pick a fancy colour on the scores sheet maybe though? :)
Finally did the signature thing.

Forgotten1

Jun 21st 2010, 22:29:54

Longer name?
Name clickable link to a website that is safe for work and can't be changed by them?

small icon beside their country?

extra turns? might be too powerful
extra starting cash
extra starting bushels
maybe free GDI tech at start that can't be put on market?

Click on their country name and play a sound?

*loads Diablo II Moos*
Forgotten
ICQ 43083642
MSN

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 21st 2010, 22:37:28

Longer name? --> no that would break things
Name clickable link to a website that is safe for work and can't be changed by them? --> so like a status page? maybe.....

small icon beside their country? --> definitely doable

extra turns? might be too powerful --> yea i dunno about extras for winners... we'd have to think that one through alot
extra starting cash --> as above
extra starting bushels --> as above
maybe free GDI tech at start that can't be put on market? --> SDI? err and can't be put on market... this is too complicated

Click on their country name and play a sound? --> LOL... no
Finally did the signature thing.

Forgotten1

Jun 21st 2010, 22:46:58

qz, link to alliance website, link to a video of a cat beating up another cat, link to cleverbot

i duno

turns might be powerful

but $25000 more cash wouldn't be game breaking
4900 more bushels...
Forgotten
ICQ 43083642
MSN

Viceroy Game profile

Jun 21st 2010, 23:32:37

Originally posted by qzjul:
small icon beside their country? --> definitely doable

Medals, possibly showing significant account achievements over numerous resets?
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

BobbyATA Game profile

Jun 22nd 2010, 1:32:18

the medals thing would def. be cool altho of course would need to be allowed to be disabled so people can stay anonymous.

I think that this is a good idea, here is my improvement.

Award the new player a bonus # of turns the next set based on how well they do, and let the person who recruited them get 5% of this bonus. Cap both bonus at like 100 turns or something, and give the turns randomly in 20 turn batches or something like that??

BobbyATA Game profile

Jun 22nd 2010, 1:35:53

Originally posted by BobbyATA:
the medals thing would def. be cool altho of course would need to be allowed to be disabled so people can stay anonymous.

I think that a recruiting bonus is a good idea, here is my improvement.

Award the new player a bonus # of turns the next set based on how well they do, and let the person who recruited them get 5% of this bonus. Cap both bonus at like 100 turns or something, and give the turns randomly in 20 turn batches or something like that??

BobbyATA Game profile

Jun 22nd 2010, 1:36:17

lol apparantly I quoted instead of edited. I=fail

llaar Game profile

Jun 22nd 2010, 1:38:01

i dont think medals are a good recruitment tool.. ingame bonus would definitely be more of an incentive

Detmer Game profile

Jun 22nd 2010, 3:18:39

llaar, these are incentives to give people a vested interest in not starting a new account as a fake referral.

I see no reason why bonus turns should be related to skill. Seems like encouraging people to do fake referrals. Plus who is to say we will retain new players by driving them to get high networth? I think that if people are playing and having fun (just spending turns) that is a better indicator.

warlorde Game profile

Jun 22nd 2010, 3:23:43

i think this is necesary although we dont want to create a pyramid scheme.

Drinks Game profile

Jun 22nd 2010, 3:33:58

Im keen for ingame bonus

Tier 1 Recruit
You get 1 turn for every 200 they play

Tier 2 Recruit
You get 1 turn for every 500 they play

Tier 3 Recruit
You get 1 turn for every 1000 they play

Max 100 turns a set, or 200 turns a set

(So you recruit someone and they become your Tier 1 recruit. So each set your recruit moves down to the next tier. If your recruit recruits someone, they join your recruit list at tier 2.)

Edited By: Drinks on Jun 22nd 2010, 3:36:01
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

warlorde Game profile

Jun 22nd 2010, 3:53:20

now whats to stop an alliance doing this though. im just using every1s name.

warlorde invites drinks but in real life drinks has been playing for 10 years. he makes a new account and suddenly i get a new player bonus.

drinks invites llaar... llaar has been playing for 10 years but makes a new account so drinks can have that new player bonus

there is a good chance we would just start getting bonuses for people who already play

BobbyATA Game profile

Jun 22nd 2010, 4:02:05

the fact that we all already have accts and IP addresses linked to these accounts. So trying to create a new player ID for this bonus is just as hard/easy as cheating with multies...

llaar Game profile

Jun 22nd 2010, 4:05:39

yeah, and if you create a new account, and that gets linked by IP to your old account and your old clan, cookies on your computer etc etc then you should get deleted and bonus removed

abuse of the referral system would defeat the whole purpose and would not be tolerated

forum accounts need to be linked to ingame accounts too

that would certainly hinder creating new accounts, since people are quite attached to their forum accounts i think

and ingame accounts right now are linked to all servers, and you shouldnt have multiple accounts to manage logins in every different server

warlorde Game profile

Jun 22nd 2010, 4:11:31

llaar likes this idea cause he is a recruiting master. Me = no friends = no bonus. =(

llaar Game profile

Jun 22nd 2010, 4:19:17

i recruit from ingame

i've never gotten a person to join this game from RL friends

aside from 1 friend that joined and just asked me every set what my country was so he could kill it, which he was too lazy to play turns ever... so that didnt really count

once more players are in the game i can try to recruit them though ;) i dont even really use facebook, so i'm just thinking of ways the server's players could start getting more people. i know i wouldn't even take advantage of this feature personally, i just think others would, and i think they would enough for it to have a positive impact on the game

ICe Man

Jun 22nd 2010, 14:25:17

There was actually several of us from my rl firends that played.

NitroRam22
RaVeGe
TotalWar
SandStorm
Kn1ght
Brandon

Most of which wont touch this game, or have passed on, so I doubt I recuit any back. I usually just use their old ICQ + Names to spy :P
Thank God, for I'm a blessed man.

anubis0079 Game profile

Oct 13th 2010, 4:59:33

everyone is achievement mad now a days. Perhaps you could have some sort of achievement system with the option to show said achievements or remain anonymous.

exp.
Recruiting 10 new members through member linked urls like in other games gets "Army Recruiter" badge. i dont know how hard it would be but i would like it.

a lot of the gamers i know will play a game at least once to unlock achievements for bragging rights.

SoLer for Life
"All Hail The Maki!"
Have a heart.....they are really fresh.