Verified:

Rob Game profile

Dec 21st 2010, 6:31:46

I would like to suggest a revision to tourney GDI.

Suggestion: Similar to express where missiles & special attacks only allowed for more than one landgrab.

Reasoning: Players dedication and effort don't get ruined randomly. Two landgrabs and you run the risk of being barraged or missiled, which is fair. For example this set after 1 landgrab, the country I attacked decided to load up on warfare and missile me everyday. The ability to do something like that over one attack, or sometimes completely unprovoked at times ruins the game.

dantzig Game profile

Dec 21st 2010, 6:35:16

I'll sign this petition. Express GDI rules might actually encourage more grabbing in tourney.
FoG

dantzig Game profile

Dec 28th 2010, 21:32:01

LOL I just had the same thing happen to me. Grabbed a guy once near the beginning of the set. He barraged me with missiles near the end of the set and did some very significant damage.
FoG

BlackMamba Game profile

Dec 28th 2010, 22:20:24

I feel bad for people who are ABed for no reason, but any attack or spy op always comes with risk. You attack or spy, you are open to anything.

If you are getting missled then it is your fault for taking the riskier strategy of no buying SDI in order to have a slightly higher finishing networth... There are countries that maintain higher tanks and SDI to mitigate the threat but they end up w lower max potential networth.

Long story short, I see no problem with missles or AB if you did any offensive action.

Although I do think that special attacks should be disabled for countries you never attacked or spied on in primary, express and tourny.

dantzig Game profile

Dec 29th 2010, 1:04:50

Sure, attacking anyone is a risk but landgrabbing is a core mechanic of the game that should be encouraged. Sadly, a lot of tourney players just play all-x because it's not infrequent for someone to suicide on you for just one grab and people tend to hold grudges from set to set. I think the new GDI is working quite well in express and the same mechanic would make tourney more fun and less frustrating.
FoG

BlackMamba Game profile

Dec 29th 2010, 1:15:52

Overretalling is encouraged is because countries keep the same name from reset to reset. Overretalling sends a message to grabbers in future resets not to grab you or face overreaction. That is the implicit threat that comes w having the same country name every reset.

Overretalling is the most logical action on tourny server. If you are getting grabbed successfully you probably are not on pace for a top 10 finish. in which case better to send a message to the rest of the server that you will not tolerate landgrabs.

Until country names change from set to set, people are doing the most logical action. I see no problem with it.

dantzig Game profile

Dec 29th 2010, 1:28:54

A 1.2mil country in game B missiling a top 10 country at the end of the set isn't an attempt to build a reputation lol
FoG

Rob Game profile

Jan 3rd 2011, 8:21:16

I do hope the admins would consider a change to current tourney GDI rules to encourage grabbing as well as higher networths.

This would increase the competitiveness of tourney - similar to how Express became more competitive after the rule changes.

Rob Game profile

Jan 3rd 2011, 8:40:07

I do hope the admins would consider a change to current tourney GDI rules to encourage grabbing as well as higher networths.

This would increase the competitiveness of tourney - similar to how Express became more competitive after the rule changes.

ZIP Game profile

Jan 3rd 2011, 12:48:39

double post means you have to do it - sry //
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops