Verified:

clintonista Game profile

Mar 25th 2017, 20:24:48

all techers.

Predators get your knives out.
Saturday night after party promises to be fun.

drkprinc Game profile

Mar 26th 2017, 0:16:00

but my friday morning party hasn't ended yet :(
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Kingme Game profile

Mar 26th 2017, 3:26:10

Oh goody, time to put your stock on the market.

SuperFly Game profile

Mar 26th 2017, 14:21:05

so the overnight casualties were one commie and 2 reps :(

clintonista Game profile

Mar 26th 2017, 20:34:17

I had an RL situation and could not attend to my raiding responsibilities.
My apologies to all those who count on me to keep the techers under some modicum of check.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 26th 2017, 20:47:11

You realize it is topfeeding that makes me play techer right? No other strat can afford protection against it.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 26th 2017, 21:15:15

Also, the stronger techer is, the more people will play techer. Which should bring down prices. So if you want to make techers weaker, go play a techer and saturate the market.

This set the prices were nice for casher early and late, just horrible in the middle. So a smart casher can do well with that, until someone who gets hard from destroying other peoples sand castles comes along.

PS RL situation or realized you couldn't touch it? :P

Edited By: Gerdler on Mar 26th 2017, 21:22:37
See Original Post

clintonista Game profile

Mar 26th 2017, 22:48:25

I could easily have hit anyone. When I checked this morning, the largest defense was only a measly 30 million turrets including enhancements.
Generally, the theory of more tech does produce lower tech prices, but those of us who pay attention know that every set, in the early morning, the bots are buying tech at $5555 and higher. Until they put in a coded check that the bots do not buy anything over say $3600, techers will "win" every set. Fix that, fix the imbalance.

MountainYeti Game profile

Mar 26th 2017, 22:55:48

They do need to adjust the bots so they dont buy a ridiculous quantity and also they have a max buy price. 3600 seems a bit low but it should be under 5k at least. Currently to win as another strat you need to get a huge amount of land which generally paints a target on your back.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 26th 2017, 23:03:32

I am trying to fix the imbalance. I am working on the code and once I can test it on my own I hope to have something workable so that AI-collective is not a giant black hole eating through all the tech. Tbh the problem is not that they buy tech at a high price, the problem is that they buy more tech than they produce. I have said this and people have heard me. It's an engineering problem which needs an engineering solution, not a topfeed. It is a process though. Too big changes may screw everything.

You enjoy knocking over sand castles, don't pretend you are doing anyone a favor.

And since we are talking about imbalances, how about we fix the PS so scrubs can't break top players? I am a top player, you are a scrub, deal with it.

Kingme Game profile

Mar 26th 2017, 23:06:38

I'd be very careful with the tweaks. I wouldn't do anything with the PS... it's a long standing part of the game.

A Dict. with max weapons % and a PS should be able to break anyone on this server, it's just how it is. We've already dwindled our numbers enough, don't make it even easier to bully the weak by making a retal impossible.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 26th 2017, 23:32:30

Everyone can break everyone. No one can defend against anyone. And yet they say; too little defences if someone can break you. Does not compute...

Zorp Game profile

Mar 26th 2017, 23:44:39

Gerdler, I wouldn't worry too much about what people say.

#96 here, hopefully I can hold onto the top 10 in the next 15 minutes as the only casher there. Unless one of the Theos is a casher...

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 26th 2017, 23:49:11

56 is also casher I think.

Kingme Game profile

Mar 26th 2017, 23:51:24

6.7 mins ago
A brigade from ididnotattackuthenewsisfake (#83) has invaded your lands!
Their forces broke through your defences!

They took:
1541 Acres (2308 Gained)
2229 Buildings (688 Stolen)
$248,497,070

And then trashed some of my cash as well.... neat. I'm assuming this is your work Clint.

MountainYeti Game profile

Mar 26th 2017, 23:54:55

Wasnt clint #88. I dont actually know just speculating

Kingme Game profile

Mar 26th 2017, 23:56:26

I don't know, I just figured it was clint. I could be wrong, that's why I was sorta asking.

Zorp Game profile

Mar 26th 2017, 23:58:30

Well if #56 is a casher then I'll take it with a third the land but two thirds the NW.

Should have gone theo casher, military prices were garbage all set, but this is my first set back. Actually I think this is my biggest ever finish on express lol. For shame.

Kingme Game profile

Mar 27th 2017, 0:00:45

You got your top 10!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 27th 2017, 0:02:49

Congrats man! Theo casher is lovely sometimes. Great start, better income early, better BPT. If no fancy destock it is significantly better at destocking with too.

clintonista Game profile

Mar 27th 2017, 0:04:55

kingme,
why name yourself after turd?
I would probably have left you alone and hit a moron who was lecturing me on market pricing.

clintonista Game profile

Mar 27th 2017, 0:06:56

oh well I was kicking myself for not stealing $450 million (30 x $15M)from you. Now I am glad I didn't.

Zorp Game profile

Mar 27th 2017, 0:10:45

Thanks guys, though I can't hold a candle to either of you.

Even late, theo only gets about 10% less cash income than a rep, but it also gets really cheap military all set, and no need to even think about switching for destock. I had to pay $270/NW for my destock instead of $225/NW as theo, in which case I'd have had about $3M more in NW.

Still happy with my first set back in almost two years though.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 27th 2017, 0:13:53

Originally posted by clintonista:
oh well I was kicking myself for not stealing $450 million (30 x $15M)from you. Now I am glad I didn't.

So you knocked over the wrong sand castle. You fail even at such a simple task.

Why don't you try and build one for once?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 27th 2017, 0:28:35

Originally posted by Zorp:
Thanks guys, though I can't hold a candle to either of you.

Even late, theo only gets about 10% less cash income than a rep, but it also gets really cheap military all set, and no need to even think about switching for destock. I had to pay $270/NW for my destock instead of $225/NW as theo, in which case I'd have had about $3M more in NW.

Still happy with my first set back in almost two years though.

Welcome back then. I am also a returning player. I only played for like 5-6 weeks on Earth Empires but I used to play Earth 2025 back in 99-05 or 06 or something like that. The game is much better now. Much better, in so many ways, and there seems to be at least some kind of process removing cheaters and making small changes and fixing bugs. In every way the game is much better, except the players. 80% of all players are great, like they always have been. 20% of the players are still toxic and since knocking over sand castles is significantly easier than building them, your success depends only on not attracting them.

clintonista Game profile

Mar 27th 2017, 0:51:30

gerdler,
As a returning player, your ignorance can be and is excused.
No hard feelings.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 27th 2017, 0:58:09

You motivation is that tech prices are too high, not even realized that you are raising the tech prices doing what you do. You are inneffective to the point of being counterproductive, congratulations.

But we both know that is not your purpose. We both know why you do it. Keep on knocking them sand castles over kid. You are not saving the game though.

the Temple

Mar 27th 2017, 3:26:49

Buy more turrets.

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 27th 2017, 3:38:38

Clintonista is a douche...that is all
wasn't me...

drkprinc Game profile

Mar 27th 2017, 3:42:30

Originally posted by the Temple:
Buy more turrets.

buy more tanks you mean :P
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

the Temple

Mar 27th 2017, 4:40:33

Depends when you go to bed doesn't it.

Kingme Game profile

Mar 27th 2017, 12:19:17

Originally posted by clintonista:
kingme,
why name yourself after turd?
I would probably have left you alone and hit a moron who was lecturing me on market pricing.

I get bored with the same names... My turrets didn't sell on the public so I didn't hit my end NW anyway. You stole about 300m after that attack and ops, which would have put me in 3rd.

It's not like you stole a win from me again :p

cronie Game profile

Mar 30th 2017, 5:19:09

Originally posted by Gerdler:

In every way the game is much better, except the players. 80% of all players are great, like they always have been. 20% of the players are still toxic and since knocking over sand castles is significantly easier than building them, your success depends only on not attracting them.

More self serving BS from a self important ahole.

Toxic = mean to me.

Trolling = saying things I don't like.

Illegal behavior = anything that hurts my game play.

Legal = anything that most benefits my style of game play.

Bots need to be changed. Rules need to be changed. Certain behaviors need to be banned. Game is not perfect. People are not perfect. Hey, how about you invent your own game if you're so good? Or, hey, maybe you could try playing the game with the landscape you've in and quit bltching.

/weekly post... bones

braden Game profile

Mar 30th 2017, 5:50:16

stop being cowards and go fight, go hunt, go be fluffing men you lkittle fluffing pansy women.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 30th 2017, 10:54:05

Originally posted by cronie:
Or, hey, maybe you could try playing the game with the landscape you've in and quit bltching.

Well, I've played with the current rules and won 3 in a row, soooo...

Griefing is punished by all major online games and I don't see a discussion to allow it, rather a discussion on how to find such behaviour more quickly. So you are wrong in not thinking it is a problem, unless Riot games, Blizzard and such businesses have independently made the same wrong choice and are actually in need of your expertise.

cronie Game profile

Apr 6th 2017, 1:48:11

Or, hey, maybe you could try playing the game with the landscape you've in and quit bltching.

Griefing is punished by all major online games and I don't see a discussion to allow it, rather a discussion on how to find such behaviour more quickly. So you are wrong in not thinking it is a problem, unless Riot games, Blizzard and such businesses have independently made the same wrong choice and are actually in need of your expertise.

Why are you still so whiny then? Right, you started whining when that one time you thought you could do well but didn't, because you evidently didn't join GDI that round too. You're like a baby crying to mom in a toy store because you didn't get your way when she said one toy is enough.

What a load of bull.

Each game has their own rules in place about what you can or cannot do and what the spirit of the game should be. In FPS games, things like TKing is not allowed as those sorts of games may involve teamwork, and TKing is purposely intended to disrupt gameplay. Tking is griefing in those games.

In this game, there are no rules against 'being attacked multiple times without provocation'. Boo hoo. Cry me a river already.

If this game was all about 'netting', then why do they have missiles? Why have offensive ops? Why have AB, GS? Why have any other units other than jets and turrets?

The simple truth is you play to net. But that's you. That's not what this game "is about". The game should not have rules molded around benefiting the few special interests who prefer "netting". It is a strategy game with human players and it involves netting and warring.

Guys like you will mine tiberium only all day in C&C with zero units. And cry when someone rushes you with tanks. "Boo hoo, C&C should be about mining tiberium. The other team attacked me without provocation. I want to win with more resource points because I mined the most tiberium."

Edited By: cronie on Apr 6th 2017, 1:51:58

Kingme Game profile

Apr 6th 2017, 15:29:10

Why are you still so whiny then? Right, you started whining when that one time you thought you could do well but didn't, because you evidently didn't join GDI that round too. You're like a baby crying to mom in a toy store because you didn't get your way when she said one toy is enough.

What a load of bull.

Each game has their own rules in place about what you can or cannot do and what the spirit of the game should be. In FPS games, things like TKing is not allowed as those sorts of games may involve teamwork, and TKing is purposely intended to disrupt gameplay. Tking is griefing in those games.

In this game, there are no rules against 'being attacked multiple times without provocation'. Boo hoo. Cry me a river already.

If this game was all about 'netting', then why do they have missiles? Why have offensive ops? Why have AB, GS? Why have any other units other than jets and turrets?

The simple truth is you play to net. But that's you. That's not what this game "is about". The game should not have rules molded around benefiting the few special interests who prefer "netting". It is a strategy game with human players and it involves netting and warring.

Guys like you will mine tiberium only all day in C&C with zero units. And cry when someone rushes you with tanks. "Boo hoo, C&C should be about mining tiberium. The other team attacked me without provocation. I want to win with more resource points because I mined the most tiberium."

Last time I checked, you're ranked at end of set by your Networth. aka Netting.

bamforth Game profile

Apr 6th 2017, 16:52:59

He seems to just desperately need to tear other people down in order to elevate himself. Probably all he knows :P

vatzooland

Apr 6th 2017, 23:35:30

yes, he does.

Nerrus Game profile

Apr 7th 2017, 7:17:59

Cronie reminds me of mrford... mrford where are you? I miss you sonny boy :'(
^..^ Surren ^..^

The only secrets you know are the secrets I deliberately let you know.

cronie Game profile

Apr 13th 2017, 22:29:24

Originally posted by Kingme:

Last time I checked, you're ranked at end of set by your Networth. aka Netting.

So there is no such thing as war stats. The game fits a certain mold and there is only one way to enjoy a game. By netting. By being top 10.

fluff, maybe the game needs a serious overhaul then. Under your directions, we should eliminate all units except jets and turrets. All attack types should be removed except SS and PS. Only intel ops and no offensive ops. No missiles. And with that we can lighten up tech (e.g. no SDI, warfare, etc). GDI is of course not necessary now, so get rid of that too. Lean and mean. Game will be all about out-netting each other and land trading. No wars allowed.

Kingme Game profile

Apr 14th 2017, 20:53:38

I never said any of that fluff you posted. I said your final rank is determined by NW.
Is that true? Yes or No?

clintonista Game profile

Apr 14th 2017, 21:39:11

there is no such thing as war stats. The game fits a certain mold and there is only one way to "win" a game. By teching and selling to bots and netting. By being an easy top 10.

Unfortunate state of affairs, the game needs a serious overhaul then. Under these rules, we should eliminate all units except jets and turrets. All attack types should be removed except SS and PS. Only intel ops and no offensive ops. No missiles. And with that we can lighten up tech (e.g. no SDI, warfare, etc). GDI is of course not necessary now, so get rid of that too. Lean and meaningless. Game is merely about out teching each other with the help of stupid bots. No aggression, imagination or creativity allowed. [/quote]

Correct, that is our current state of affairs and explains why no one plays the game.

Kingme Game profile

Apr 14th 2017, 22:12:49

I see people playing the game.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 14th 2017, 22:55:44

You actually call it being creative to stock missiles and cash/food for 2/3 of a reset with the sole purpose of leveling as many buildings as possible for one person that never hit you? That IS the state of the game if you don't join GDI and you are deemed suicide-worthy. Or blowing the stock on jets to topfeed the one who is competing for the win if he is in GDI.

There is nothing creative about it moreover there is no skill involved in any of these actions. I won express with by far the largest margin ever a few resets back, and if Kingme had played 4 minutes a day with the intent to destroy my chances at winning, he would have been able to for sure. Even though I spent way more time and won by over $38m NW over second I would have had no chance whatsoever. Some have argued that this makes me a bad player, which is fluffing confusing at this point tbh.

Kingme Game profile

Apr 14th 2017, 23:21:48

... Some have argued that this makes me a bad player, which is fluffing confusing at this point tbh.

It's true... you're bad.

ebert00 Game profile

Apr 15th 2017, 15:00:57

idiots will be idiots, nothing you can do about it. this is a solo server. if you want to never be attacked, go play alliance.

clintonista Game profile

Apr 15th 2017, 17:12:52

Originally posted by Kingme:
... Some have argued that this makes me a bad player, which is fluffing confusing at this point tbh.

It's true... you're bad.

I would just say simple minded, I would not say bad. Hope that clears up any confusion on your part.

Kingme Game profile

Apr 15th 2017, 18:18:58

Haha

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 15th 2017, 19:55:12

Clintonista depending on which aspect of my gameplay or game understanding is simple minded I might agree. If you think my gameplay is simpleminded you are simply wrong, you wouldn't know it but I am probably one of the most versatile players in the game. If you think I am simple minded in my aim then I totally agree with you and it does bother me somewhat, others maybe more. :P