Verified:

Hammer Game profile

Feb 24th 2017, 19:48:32

I mentioned this in an older post, but wanted to say it again. I do not care if we have bots or do not have them, though the land is great. What bothers me the most is the inconsistency of their presence as strategies and turns are selected on the basis of the bots at work or not, at least for me. This set, it didn't appear that they were going to be operable and with 60 ppl, a twist was added. But the real twist was hundreds of turns were spent and then they become functional.

Don't misunderstand this. I appreciate the person or people who stepped up and got the bots in the game. I just think that if they are not working by Wednesday morning, we should leave them out. Consistency.

I have played two consecutive weeks for the first time in 5-6 months. Last week, they stopped working. This week, they are functioning a few days after strategies/ govs selected, and turns spent.

Invite your friends to play, contact the old veterans and let's get them back in the game so we do not need bots.

Kingme Game profile

Feb 24th 2017, 19:59:25

Wait... they are online now?

That's really crappy.

sinistril Game profile

Feb 24th 2017, 21:34:01

What is the best strategy to play when no bots anyways?
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

beerdrinker75 Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 24th 2017, 21:41:22

I would say commie indy or rep casher. Demo farmer is fun without bots too.
Just shut up and have another beer

Marshal Game profile

Feb 24th 2017, 21:45:24

commy sucks with these prices.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

EE Patron

Feb 24th 2017, 22:03:58

Originally posted by Marshal:
commy sucks with these prices.

So stop undercutting me. :p

Hammer Game profile

Feb 24th 2017, 22:05:06

Originally posted by Kingme:
Wait... they are online now?

That's really crappy.

They have either been activated, or 40 ppl created a country since last night.

Hammer Game profile

Feb 24th 2017, 22:06:35

lol...Marshal and beerdrinker, list a bunch of jets at $90 for me please.

Marshal Game profile

Feb 24th 2017, 22:12:07

80 bucks ain't good enuf? :P

MountainYeti Game profile

Feb 24th 2017, 23:43:17

I agree the midset changes with bots r ridiculous. I understand they may go down midset but its massively gamechanging to insert and activate them midset

Hammer Game profile

Feb 25th 2017, 4:40:52

What's up, MY? We need to chat sometime...it's been awhile. I'm glad you agree; thought I was the only one who saw it like that.

Marshal, I must have missed the $80 ones while trying to help a guy with 1 turn and hundreds of buildings in a every category (like a turbo-charged rainbow) understand that it is not good to hit a (human) target with 360 turns and get pissed over the inevitable retal. I think he's a good guy. He just doesn't understand the math part of 1 turn vs 360 if he doesn't like the retal, nor the math of gaining 300 acres only to loose 1000.

I was that person once and Vic and many others taught me. It doesn't take long to learn this when one wants, but it seems people take offense to general tips these days.

Please try the $80 jets again. Get beerdrinker to help you so you have some competition on "how low can you go"! (This is a joke for all of the coordination officials out there!)

Edited By: Hammer on Feb 25th 2017, 4:47:47

sinistril Game profile

Feb 25th 2017, 6:01:09

How about we just increase the price of jets instead? Let's form a union like good communists.
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Marshal Game profile

Feb 25th 2017, 10:12:23

like i said on other thread lowest i've seen has been ~45 bucks jets on other server.

drkprinc Game profile

Feb 25th 2017, 11:31:37

a demo with good mil tech can make daily profit over on FFA when people stop grabbing bots buying jets all the time then the price hits 10$ lower on public then private resell.
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

EE Patron

Feb 25th 2017, 11:49:36

All these indy bots are crashing the market. I picked indy b/c there were no bots at the start. It is just like you say Hammer bots or no bots. Looks like a techer set this week.

Marshal Game profile

Feb 25th 2017, 16:04:38

i have sold jets in ffa and highest selling price has been 150 bucks.

Hammer Game profile

Feb 25th 2017, 18:23:00

That's right, beerdrinker, and I chose rep because it looked like there weren't any bots. I haven't play rep since alliances were part of the game. I had to learn to play commie after the bots because my rep kept being mistaken for a bot (because ppl weren't looking at the turns).

Funny how you and I have opposite strats for bots or no bots!

EE Patron

Feb 25th 2017, 18:37:51

lol@ Hammer. Yep no mistaking us as multies. :)

Feb 25th 2017, 19:25:03

Thats ok guys im not doing much better farming this set. Techers got the win locked up in these market conditions.

At least I should have some fun as I got multiple big retals to take

Hammer Game profile

Feb 26th 2017, 1:26:58

Originally posted by MountainYeti:
Thats ok guys im not doing much better farming this set. Techers got the win locked up in these market conditions.

At least I should have some fun as I got multiple big retals to take

Get' em, MountainYeti!

PS I hope I'm not one....

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 26th 2017, 2:47:24

I like the bots a bunch and I feel they are a neccesary addition in order not to spoil the game for newer players by farming them to oblivion.

With that said I do agree on the consistency issue. People choose strategies based on what they know. Not knowing we would be having having bots screwed the tech prices I think as no one dared go techer. Anyway, it's express so who cares? :P

drkprinc Game profile

Feb 26th 2017, 5:59:35

I only go techer/indy if I know I'll have the time to commit to the set otherwise I go lazy rep casher which is 95% of the time.

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

the Temple

Feb 26th 2017, 9:56:40

What's wrong with a bit of a spanner in the works? It's not as if anyone knew bots were coming back on.

Them's the breaks sometimes.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 26th 2017, 16:57:33

It seems like the bots are amassing a huge amount of tech. According to some of the last hits I made some of them have over 800k tech. Are the bots keeping the tech prices up?

Feb 26th 2017, 17:08:00

Yes bots buy way to much tech and will buy at any price. Hence why there has been minimal supply and it has been so expensive this set

Kingme Game profile

Feb 26th 2017, 17:15:16

Some of us have been asking for a change .... forever.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 26th 2017, 19:15:01

Yes but are the bots just in a mid-game phase gobbling up tech while the rest of us are destocking or planning to? I mean the bots did start late.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 26th 2017, 23:25:54

The bots are now buying out the food market and are keeping the tech prices up in the last hour. I don't really understand the point of changing the endgame mechanics. Is this the purpose?

Why wouldn't the price for food be set by the demo techer/casher/farmer who maxed out military tech and gets to sell bushels in private market at $36? That allows everyone to get their bushels sold as long as there is a demo with a brain. If there is no such demo they could still sell their bushels at 31-32.

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 1st 2017, 10:46:42

well, i can confirm that the bots are up right now and I will be monitoring a few times a day. i've made some changes to the code in places where I thought they were failing, so fingers crossed they stay on.

(i havent done anything with regards to how they play, so strategy etc should all be the same)
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

drkprinc Game profile

Mar 1st 2017, 11:08:38

just need to tweak the buy code where nw/$ is too low to be buying tech eg tech at 4k when there is less then 1000 turns left in the set is not profitable to them.

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 1st 2017, 11:26:22

if you can test that out on AI server, etc, have ago and submit a PR!
https://github.com/jhaagsma/ee_npc
-iZarcon
EE Developer

Marshal Game profile

Mar 1st 2017, 15:21:40

Originally posted by iZarcon:
if you can test that out on AI server, etc, have ago and submit a PR!

pr or pm?

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 1st 2017, 15:47:59

sometimes i think you just like to post something to keep your post count moving on up. i meant a PR... pull request.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

Kingme Game profile

Mar 1st 2017, 15:58:38

Thanks for keeping up on this iZarcon.

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Mar 1st 2017, 18:08:51

sometimes i think you just like to post something to keep your post count moving on up. i meant a PR... pull request.

sometimes?

Nerrus Game profile

Mar 2nd 2017, 0:00:00

Everybody loves Marshal :D
^..^ Surren ^..^

The only secrets you know are the secrets I deliberately let you know.

Hammer Game profile

Mar 2nd 2017, 0:06:31

well, i can confirm that the bots are up right now and I will be monitoring a few times a day. i've made some changes to the code in places where I thought they were failing, so fingers crossed they stay on.

(i havent done anything with regards to how they play, so strategy etc should all be the same)

Thanks, iZarcon.

Funny! Sorry, Marshal.